10+ Year Old Account

1 dream, 2 people who never met, and me.

I got walk into work today and a work friend of mine approaches me. He tells me about a dream he had. It went like this: Hey I had a crazy dream. I was in the back of a jeep and you were outside rescuing your girlfriend from these ugly looking alien things and there was a bunch of shooting then you got in the jeep and drove us away to safety." and I said "thats nuts, who else was there and is that all that happened?" and he said "Well there was an unknown lady sitting right next to me she was and everything I just told you is all I remember".... So I took it for what he said; just a dream. Whatever..

I get home and my fiancee is there with her family. They're talking about the New Orleans shooting and my fiancees aunt says "oh my god you'll never guess, last night I dreamed you were killing demons with a laser gun and then you picked up Jessy(my fiancee) and you threw her in the truck and there was a man next to me yelling at you to drive faster."

At this point im like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So I got curious and I said "what else happened?" and she said "just that you drove us to a desert and we were hiding there and I woke up"

These 2 individuals never met, my work friend and I have never seen or met each other outside of work. He has never even met my fiancee. What are the chances that 2 people who have never met have the exact same dream? It was like sequenced. He mentioned her aunt next to him and she mentioned a man next to her. There's got to be something more than coincidence here people... Does anyone have any type of theory or explanation? And have you had a similar experience?

That sounds pretty fucked up. I don't really remember anything from my dreams, but I usually wake up with a boner.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I call chance.

1 in 1 000 000 000 00 (100 billion) that this would happen to anyone in their lifetime. To be clear, having two people who have never met each other describe a dream which is very similar to one another.

7 000 000 000 (7 billion people) / 1 000 000 000 00 (100 billion) = The event you describe would happen 0.07 times per day or once every 14.28 days per occurrence.

If this happen again, by all means please step forward.

The chance is pulled out of nowhere. It could be higher and it could be lower. But the point remains that even if the chance is as low as one in 100 billion, what you describe would still happen every now and then.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like they both like Defiance a little too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    I call chance.

1 in 1 000 000 000 00 (100 billion) that this would happen to anyone in their lifetime. To be clear, having two people who have never met each other describe a dream which is very similar to one another.

7 000 000 000 (7 billion people) / 1 000 000 000 00 (100 billion) = The event you describe would happen 0.07 times per day or once every 14.28 days per occurrence.

The chance is pulled out of nowhere. It could be higher and it could be lower. But the point remains that even if the chance is as low as one in 100 billion, what you describe would still happen every now and then.
    wow I wasn't asking for literal chances. geeeze now this doesn't feel as special even with odds pulled out of nowhere -_- haha
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2013-05-13 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    wow I wasn't asking for literal chances. geeeze now this doesn't feel as special -_- haha
    You asked for a theory or an explanation.

Ignorance, bias and superstition often derives from events where chances are extremely minute. I felt it important to inform you that chance crushes superstition when even the most incredible chance related events happen. In fact, with so many people alive today it would be more reason to have superstitious beliefs if events like these never occurred.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    wow I wasn't asking for literal chances. geeeze now this doesn't feel as special even with odds pulled out of nowhere -_- haha
    There's nothing to suggest any connection between the two dreams. As such there's no reason to think it's anything but coincidence. A strange, freaky one to be sure, but still a coincidence.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh! What a let down. I guess but just the details given, same dream, I was told the same day by 2 people. I would have brushed it off if it were like from 1 month to the next or even 1 week to the next. But being told this the same day by 2 people, got my little cogs upstairs turning. Anyways yea I guess its nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    That sounds pretty fucked up. I don't really remember anything from my dreams, but I usually wake up with a boner.
    ok ...that made me LOL ...

I call chance.

I am just wondering where that 100 billion number came from.
    And does the calculation account for the chances that the two people who had the same dream live in close enough proximity to tell 1 other person? Because if one of them was in Africa, and the other would be in Mexico, chances are they wouldn't tell same person the dream.

OP, if you do happen to be in the truck killing demons with a laser gun within a week, please update the thread so we can calculate what were the chances of having a dream that predicted the future.

Better ready your laser gun, bro.

You asked for a theory or an explanation.

Ignorance, bias and superstition often derives from events where chances are extremely minute. I felt it important to inform you that chance crushes superstition when even the most incredible chance related events happen. In fact, with so many people alive today it would be more reason to have superstitious beliefs if events like these never occurred.
    Basicly, everything is possible in the world. no matter how rediculous, how impossible, thus every thing has an odd.