Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post

You want more difficulty and you can have it any time you like. All you have to do is make things harder for yourself and you are golden. Why is this logic hard to follow for you?
    so listen to your advise.
    All you need to do to is make things easier for yourself and you're golden. Why is the logic hard to follow for you?
    my PSN ID - Kobold_Rider

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    so listen to your advise.
    All you need to do to is make things easier for yourself and you're golden. Why is the logic hard to follow for you?
    I don't want things to be easier.

Why did you get that impression?

They need to be easier to keep raider numbers up. This is a different thing than my own personal preferences.

Regardless, it's not possible to reduce difficulty in the same way it is to increase it.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

I think keep raids around this difficulty, and somehow get rid of the crazy amount of grinding and huge gaps in ilvl this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    I think keep raids around this difficulty, and somehow get rid of the crazy amount of grinding and huge gaps in ilvl this xpac.
    What crazy amount of grinding? inb4 your anwser is dailys, when they dont even matter anymore, they serve basicly no purpose, specially since 5.3, period. Intrested in seeing what the 'immense ammount of grinding'' when we are talking about Raiding, ill wait. Getting 50 lesser charms is the only thing you can do outside of raiding that can benefit you, and its a damn joke to get them now thats only 50 and you get them from literally killing shit around the world.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-05-24 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    What crazy amount of grinding? inb4 your anwser is dailys, when they dont even matter anymore, they serve basicly no purpose, specially since 5.3, period. Intrested in seeing what the 'immense ammount of grinding'' when we are talking about Raiding, ill wait.
    leveling an alt/new character to be raid ready, after questing you start @ 440 ilvl, need to be probably above 500 before most people would vaguely consider you for ToT normal. There's many threads about this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    leveling an alt/new character to be raid ready, after questing you start @ 440 ilvl, need to be probably above 500 before most people would vaguely consider you for ToT normal. There's many threads about this already.
    I reached 495 on one of my alts in about a week. If you cant play maybe 2hrs on a character that you want to gear up, then theres an Issue. People just dont know what the easiest path to take, they see daily quests and they actually think that thats the fastest and more efficient way, which is terribly wrong. A lot of people are clueless honestly.

Sadly, theres not much to say a lot of people think that things are exactly the same as they were at release, which I would agree that it was more of an issue. 3 Patches later? I dont agree at all, but whatever.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-05-24 at 04:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I reached 495 on one of my alts in about a week. If you cant play maybe 2hrs on a character that you want to gear up, then theres an Issue. People just dont know what the easiest path to take, they see daily quests and they actually think that thats the fastest and more efficient way, which is terribly wrong. A lot of people are clueless honestly.

Sadly, theres not much to say a lot of people think that things are exactly the same as they were at release, which I would agree that it was more of an issue. 3 Patches later? I dont agree at all, but whatever.
    I'm not talking about either of us. I hit 490 ilvl on my priest in 2 days, but there are threads all over the place of people complaining how difficult it is to grind rep, grind gear, etc.

Anyway I was trying to stick to the topic - "Is ToT too challenging causing the guild break ups?"
    No, I think the difficulty of the raid is great, I think there's too much of a barrier for guilds trying to gear up alts and new people and people getting burnt out.

I think the difficulty is pretty stellar to be honest.

I came back from a 6 month break, joined a guild in which a few of my old raidbuddies is in now and we're taking it easy, casually progressing with a few other cool people. We've been steadily progressing every week (at Iron Qon now) and while the bosses are challenging, they're not impossible and mostly just requires good execution of a proper tactic, led by a good raid leader.

We have that so it's going pretty smooth for us.

(Note, the guild is fairly fresh, it's not like it's been progressing since 5.2 release.)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

No, I am quite sure I said so that the weakest existing team can complete it.
    This is impossible without designing everything far too easy for the appropriate compositions. In a game where every single person wins there are no winners.

In an MMORPG, especially as competitive and big one as WoW, there need to be multiple levels of difficulty in order to satisfy the needs of the different audiences.

Then may I respectfully suggest you are mistaken when you intone that you seek difficulty. I hope you follow my reasoning here - you said you wanted more challenge. I gave you a way to get that challenge, which you then rejected.
    There is a difference between achieving something actually challenging and pouring yourself a cup of coffee while juggling chainsaws. Having to inflict artificial challenge on yourself is generally the sign of a weak design or playing a game designed for completely different target audiences.

How is it any more artificial than getting the designers of wow do it? You do realise it's all arbitary, right?
    There is always a difference between a task set by someone else and self-inflicted challenge. It is also worth noting that this game is the developers' vision and they are capable of challenging people in ways in which they could not or couldn't even think of.

The developers are also the ones that set the rewards for completing the various tasks in the game. There is prestige that comes with those and that plays quite a big role in theme park MMORPGs. Arguing that the only reward should come from within won't bear fruit. It is the same as saying that anarcho-communism is the best political philosophy. It will simply not work large scale with humans being the way we are.

I don't want things to be easier.
    You seem unusually invested in the cause. You are also representing an awfully extremist mentality that the game should have no innate difficulty. Furthermore, you are often speaking on behalf of people who you're now saying do not even share the same views as you.

I just cleared ToT normal on my alt with a complete PuG.
    4 or 5 of them haven't even seen the bosses past Tortos.

No clue about this whole 'too hard' issue.