View Poll Results: Should Obama take up Rush on his invitation?

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • Conservative: Yes, they should put aside politics and start negotiating.

6 13.33%
  • Conservative: No, there's no point, nothing can come of the talks.

10 22.22%
  • Conservative: Not sure.

1 2.22%
  • Progressive: Yes, they should put aside politics and start negotiating.

3 6.67%
  • Progressive: No, there's no point, nothing can come of the talks.

16 35.56%
  • Progressive: Not sure.

0 0%
  • Foreigner: Yes, they should put aside politics and start negotiating.

1 2.22%
  • Foreigner: No, there's no point, nothing can come of the talks.

8 17.78%
  • Foreigner: Not sure.

0 0%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Because deluded people of both political persuasions greatly overestimate his importance.
    Well I agree, but the entire premise of this thread was the Obama has a responsibility to take Rush up on his offer because doing so will end the gridlock, etc. etc. etc.

Until that premise is proven somehow, I just find myself to be completely unable to take this seriously.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    What the fuck are you even saying?
    What I am saying? You questioned my knowledge about Rush and I replied I've seen my fair share of his broadcasts using Youtube.
    Which you ruled invalid since I could not provide the exact date and time for said broadcast
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The actual quote of his was:

"I genuinely believe there are Republicans out there who would like to work with us but they’re fearful of their base and they’re concerned about what Rush Limbaugh might say about them. And as a consequence we get the kind of gridlock that makes people cynical about government."

Not surprising you'd spin that.. Also it was a year ago...
    There was no spin. Someone saying that nobody knows who Rush is or that barry doesn't know anything about him or whatever...that's just absurd. He's very much a recognized political figure. Re: "A year ago." Who gives a fuck when he said it? Benghazi happened 8 months ago, should we forget about that? Oh. Wait...yeah, that actually WAS the suggestion from the white house.

But to my point, barry both:
    a. believes Rush has substantial political influence. Enough so he can gridlock the gubmint.
    b. adds Rush to the long list of people and things he has blamed for everything. (Whew...the ATM machines don't feel so bad now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    What I am saying? You questioned my knowledge about Rush and I replied I've seen my fair share of his broadcasts using Youtube.
    Which you ruled invalid since I could not provide the exact date and time for said broadcast
    Don't worry about it, even when you link him to a swath of quotes he just dismisses them as "too old" and supposedly out of context.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    well since they are the majority that votes for GOP members of the legislature to begin with, that isn't that far off. control the voters and they will vote for the guy that shares the same mind set.
    You have to remember that only 10 million people listen to Rush. Assuming they are ALL conservatives / republicans, how could that few people influence anything at all?

I'm closing this.

It's mostly just gone to full on personal and political bashing.
    There won't be a good chance of a constructive turnaround.

Locked.