10+ Year Old Account

Some Assassination Tips for a coming back rogue

Hello guys.
    So, I’m probably coming back to my rogue. My 10m core has none so I’m trying to convince my raid leader to allow a reroll. Been a bit… Since DS he was untouched, oh lovely one. Now I need some kind of analysis. Could gear him to 490 ilvl (no weapons, holy unluck) and wol-logged a kill at Jin’rokh LFR (mostly tank’n’spank boss for melee, so thought it would be a nice one to test buffs/debuffs uptime). Would love some tips, criticizes(*) or something like that.

A thing I noted: my Envenom uptime is terrible low, isn’t it?

Some questions:
    a) During Shadow Blades I’m clipping LOTS of Envenoms, is that too bad? Or should pool some energy even during that CD?
    b) Must be the memories from Dragon Soul, button mashing stuff as Combat, but when I’m at 5 CPs and Rupture has like 4 secs, I’m hitting Mutilate again, getting some Anticipation CPs and trying to refresh Rupture < 2 secs. Should I just wait, pool energy, refresh Rupture then continue the rotation, thus getting a bit more Envenoms (that could tell more about my low uptime on the log)?

Here’s the link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w4...3/?s=278&e=534

Here’s my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ombat/advanced

Hope my questions aren`t repeated, if they are, please redirect me to the correct topic.

(*) sorry for my kinda bad English.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Drugshock; 2013-05-14 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Correct link @ WoL
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Your Envenom uptime isn't incredibly low (45%), but you did clip 26.5s of Env in 4m. You might be clipping a little too much. Comparing that to my most recent (also 4m; some people died) Jin'rohk kill, I had 75% uptime with 44s clipped. Once you get the t15 4pc, clipping jumps way up in severity. You just have to make sure you use all those extra CPs to extend your future Envs, which involves playing mostly off your Anticipation charges and at high energy.

a) Clipping Env with SB up is normal. You should never clip it outside of that though, and you will rarely need to with decent play.
    b) Don't build into Anticipation charges outside of the Env buff unless you're going to energy cap. You want as many builders inside your Env as possible.

I didn't check out your gear, but make sure you're using ShadowCraft to optimize it and read up on Mastery vs Haste in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    but when I’m at 5 CPs and Rupture has like 4 secs
    Imo, if you have enough energy (90+) you should evenom + 2x Muti + ruprute. If there are some movement - better just refresh rupture (at 2s) to be sure. If you low at energy then no difference betwen pooling or getting anticipation stacks.
    Last edited by CasualNoob; 2013-05-15 at 05:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you both for the tips!

Will work hard on that Envenom uptime and Energy management.

@Squirl I'm constantly checking ShC, thanks! (It was totally crazy last night BTW)
    @Casualnoob thanks, gonna try that too.

About being most of the figth with low energy, is low haste (plus that bad button smash habit) a cause too? Sitting on 2300~ (16.17%) self buffed. LFR didn't help me at all this week with those 12 bags. Hoping for some ToES luck

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    About being most of the figth with low energy, is low haste (plus that bad button smash habit) a cause too?
    Button mashing isn't the best strategy. You want to pool before your Envs so you can throw Mut/Disp in during Env buff (this will turn into more DP procs).

Also, really low haste makes assassination feel really slow, but it never gets very fast. You always have to think ahead and use your energy efficiently to do the most damage. More haste doesn't let you button mash for optimal damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alrite, thanks again! )