Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you feel about the new Patch Notes for Hunters?

Hunters now have 50 pet stable slots, up from 20.
    Cooldown on crowd control abilities for several Hunter pet families have changed.
    Basilisk pet family’s Petrifying Gaze cooldown is now 2 minutes (up from 1 minute).
    Bat pet family’s Sonic Blast cooldown is now 2 minutes (up from 1 minute).
    Crane pet family’s Lullaby cooldown is now 2 minutes (up from 1 minute).
    Porcupine pet family’s Paralyzing Quill cooldown is now 2 minutes (up from 1 minute).
    Shale Spider pet family’s Web Wrap cooldown is now 90 seconds (up from 45 seconds).
    Worm pet family’s Burrow Attack has had its cooldown reduced to 14 seconds (down from 20 seconds).
    Aspect of the Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.
    Revive Pet now has a cast time of 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds.
    Scatter Shot now shares diminishing returns with Freezing Trap and Wyvern Sting.
    Talents

Aspect of the Iron Hawk now increases ranged attack power by 25%, up from 15%.
    Binding Shot is no longer a talent and learned by Marksmanship Hunters at level 30.
    Blink Strike has been renamed Blink Strikes and turned into a passive ability. The pet's Basic Attacks deal 50% increased damage, can now be used from 30 yards away, and will instantly cause the pet to teleport behind their target.
    Intimidation is now a level-30 talent available to all Hunter specializations and no longer learned by Beast Mastery Hunters at level 20.
    Beast Mastery

Beast Cleave now deals 75% of the original damage, up from 50%.
    Exotic Beasts no longer reduces the cooldown of pet special abilities by 30%.
    Marksmanship

Bombardment now increases the damage of Multi-Shot by 60%, up from 30%.
    Item Sets

PvP 2-piece set bonus has been redesigned. Using Arcane Shot now causes the Hunter's PvP Power to increase by 800 for 6 seconds.

Hello all, i am a fellow hunter and i usually do not complain about my class unless my Spec is really being screwed over. BM for example does not reduce the CD for pet special abilities. What makes exotic beasts different than regular pets? Different benefits are what i like. That's kind of like giving every other hunter spec exotic pets. Intimidation is also being taken away from us BM hunters. Once again, that has been part of my rotation for a while now and it is being taken away. I use Spirit Mend from my Spirit beast because i often get mobs on me. My CD for that is being increased by 30% if the patch notes go live.

I did come here to kind of complain but also vent my feelings. I feel like we keeping getting stuff taken away from us. How can i enjoy a game when changes affect my game play drastically? It is easy to adapt but these changes are going to make BM feel a like to the other specs. One day, every spec will have exotic beast because they will be OP or something like that.

How do you feel about the patch notes? i can accept the changes but i just felt like everyone should know if they don't read the WoW front page.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 05:11 PM ----------

Just read a couple other threads and realized i made a mistake about the CD's for PvE. Also is the "Exotic Beasts no longer reduces the cooldown of pet special abilities by 30%." still in effect?

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the changes look excellent minus the pet CD change which I doubt is final. If not, guess it sucks for PvPing.
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2013-05-14 at 10:31 PM.

In what way does Binding Shot becoming Marks specific look awesome?

I'm glad I got my CM medals when I did. I wouldn't want to do them as SV without Binding Shot.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use BM at all, despite it being FOTM... So yes I'm pretty happy with the changes. I'm loving the attack power increase and so glad they didn't go with the DR changes on scatter/trap, that was such a dumb theory.

My PvP spec just got Intimidation, I'm quite stoked for that. The only problem is deciding between a silence or a stun.... tough choice really.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    In what way does Binding Shot becoming Marks specific look awesome?

I'm glad I got my CM medals when I did. I wouldn't want to do them as SV without Binding Shot.
    don't even need binding shot for that tbh, ice trap does a good enough job to keep em slowed enough for the tank to kite adds.

ive not got what i want and doubt i every will

being able to have more than 5 pets with me at any one time, thats getting kind of anoying

You missed the spirit mend and rabid changes.

Spirit Mend now has a 30 sec cooldown, down from 40 sec.

Rabid now has a 1.5 min cooldown, down from 2 min.

That is to compensate for the 30% loss (even though spirit mend used to be 28 seconds and rabid used to be 1 minutes and 24 seconds).

The 30% CD reduction has been completely taken out of BM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing this is a welcomed buff for PvE, but for PvP this is a big change. This changes what comps we can be in now because our burst will be lacking, but our sustained will be much higher, not sure what to make of it but I don't think I will do as well in 2's anymore with double dps. I've been getting destroyed because of lacking in gear and being super rusty but started to get the hang of it recently but these changes will probably make it so that you have to play with a healer in 2's or get bursted by the other team since 2's is nearly all about burst. That's what I'm guessing anyway, I'm no expert :>

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    I don't use BM at all, despite it being FOTM... So yes I'm pretty happy with the changes. I'm loving the attack power increase and so glad they didn't go with the DR changes on scatter/trap, that was such a dumb theory.

My PvP spec just got Intimidation, I'm quite stoked for that. The only problem is deciding between a silence or a stun.... tough choice really.
    Silence, hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scatter Shot is no longer going to share diminishing returns with Freezing Trap and Wyvern sting. The pet CC nerfs are taking its place.

All in all I'm going to be a happy PvE survival hunter.

Any testing on new Blink Strikes? Might it be better than MoC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    All in all I'm going to be a happy PvE survival hunter.

Any testing on new Blink Strikes? Might it be better than MoC ?
    On most fights it should be better for BM and (very close to) even or better for SV.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

as with most blizz patches..

instead of bringing the other specs UP to the level of the better one, they simply nerf the better one down to the level of the others.

good game blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

instead of bringing the other specs UP to the level of the better one, they simply nerf the better one down to the level of the others.

good game blizzard.
    It has to be done that way. Have you never heard the term powercreep?

PvE boost and PvP nerf, fine by me. I dont pvp anyway (except the foolish hordes that try to gank me).
    Losing the stun is sad though, was so handy to have.

BB amoc, u wont be missed.
    Time to cleave those mobs, think I should break the million dps on aoe now (BM 4 life).

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

good game blizzard.
    Yes, let's give every spec in game the same amount of CC BM hunters have, oh I can't imagine how much joy PvP will be.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Hunters will be nerfed to the ground, especially BM. I've been playing WOW for 4 years and this is most definitely the worst nerf I've seen to a particular class (rogues at MOP's start being the lone exception.) I understand and agree with the need to cut down the CC on a class with great mobility and burst dmg. Then again, God Fucking Forbid they nerf mages who have more of both. Whenever Blizzard makes a change to something, they go way too far and this is no exception.

I am a very skilled Hunter (especially so with dmg output) and I cant get in a Pug RBG cause groups would rather take a 2nd lock or mage for the CC. And now, the all knowing idiots at Blizzard are nerfing Hunter CC into the Fucking ground. Keep in mind this isn't the first Hunter nerf, it's simply the icing on the cake. They took away pet immunity to CC (making stampede useless in the process) and now they are more than doubling the CD on pet CC and taking away intimidation (a BM staple mark). If a pet can be CC'd - why do you need to more than double CD on pet CC. This is a case of people not knowing how to play their class and how to counter hunters.

I am not saying "nothing" needs to be done, I am saying blizzard is going WAYYYYY too far. There is no doubt in my mind the great PVP Developer Minds at Blizzard are smoking crack and fucking clueless about WOW, no wonder they lost 1.3 subs.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2013-05-15 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    When i saw 55 pets. I turned my head at the nerfs.

As someone who doesn't play hunter I really believe they need to fix the second tier, EVERYONE takes silencing shot on PTR... Maybe give hunter a 30-40 sec CD base interrupt with a 1 sec cast time or something xD?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

So exotic beasts doesn't decrease the cool downs on special abilities and all the cool downs on special abilities are being increased. What is the point of going BEAST mastery if you don't have anything over the other 2 specs BEAST-wise. I always read how they think rogue and hunter specs are too similar and would like them to feel more different. I'm not sure who is in charge up there but this is literally the exact opposite of what hunters need. If they are going to take away a staple BM stun they can't be serious about also increasing the CD on all our other stuns. Add to that the fact that spirit beasts will now be the only truly useful cd in rbg/arena, which consequently makes it "mandatory" which is also something they didn't want. Is anyone actually testing stuff or just writing out patch notes and seeing what happens? Seems like everything is just based on knee jerk reactions to people complaining. Not good blizz. Not good.

In general when MoP came out i think blizz kinda messed up for the hunter because he has to little sruvivabuility and almost no healing.
    And now they are also trying to nerf the dmg and cc. So I dont know what to think of it.