Kids being bullied for being christian?

Recently a video was released named The Thraw:

The teenagers in this video proclaims that religion is shunned upon and kids are bullied in school for being religious. They also say that sex education in school is ponography, and that America was build on Christian beliefs. Needless to say these are fundamentalists, and i know that it far from represents what the main part of the christians think. But what baffles my mind is that they complain about religion being shunned upon. 78% of the American population is christian, how is that being shunned upon?

Their website:
    http://letsreachamerica.org/

This video was also released in response:

Now lets not talk this into bashing religion, but discuss if kids really are bullied for their beliefs, but lets also discuss if it is maybe not the other way around. As it has been for years. Personally, people are free to believe what they want, as long as they aknowlegde that it is exactly that. A belief.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of the claims are legitimate bullying.

Others are Christians basically saying "Why are you not allowing me to force my beliefs on others?"

It's also a lot of persecution complex coalescing as fundamentalists are becoming the minority.

Asking "Why is evolution being taught in public schools?" is probably one of the most asinine, as that isn't even bullying. Considering many Christians now accept it, and that Genesis and the seven days of creation are now believed to be metaphor for the creation of the universe (God creating light = when the big bang happened and matter coalesced into the first stars).
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2013-05-16 at 11:09 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, as someone who is not a Christian, it’s hard for me to believe Christians are a persecuted people in America. God willing, maybe one of you one day will even rise up and get to be president of this country — or maybe forty-four in a row.

But that’s my point, is they've taken this idea of no establishment as persecution, because they feel entitled, not to equal status, but to greater status.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2013-05-16 at 11:29 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Peoples should not even be christian or belive in gods, Cause they belive in something that doesnt exist. my opinion

Wow, chilling, a bunch of teenagers so deluded as to actually.."beat to quarters" to go to war against all nonbelievers? Insane isn't it? And that rant in the beginning? "why am I not allowed to learn creationism in SCIENCE class? Is this really what American schools teach children? Baffling.

Deleted
    Judging by the general trend, people will be saying "yeh well they were looking for it!" real soon.

while i'd like to see christianity, judaism, and islam go away... i don't want to see kids bullied. too much can go wrong. but as far back as i can remember, it was never cool to be christian in school or whatever, being a devout christian usually got kids laughed at.

Deleted
    why am I not allowed to learn creationism in SCIENCE class
    /facedesk

And no they are not being bullied for being christians. Usually its christian community that bullies atheists/muslims/any other religion.
    And wanting to teach your religion in science class is very very bad idea in general.

Deleted
    This is a problem with the 2 major western religions, Christianity and Islam. They have expanded with the ingrained belief that martyrdom and persecution is desiderable and a good way to attain moral perfection.

Obviously, when these 2 religions obtain the status of dominant religions, the chances of being persecuted and martyrized because of them are greatly diminished, which creates the push to seek situations where you can feel persecuted (and spiritually justified, in closer connection to God, because of it).

No doubt this thread will get locked pretty soon, it's hard not go into religion-bashing when something like this comes up. Just watch the second video and it pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    No doubt this thread will get locked pretty soon, it's hard not go into religion-bashing when something like this comes up. Just watch the second video and it pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Well, there was a reason why i chose to include that video

Deleted
    These kind of threads just degenerate into religion bashing and the discussion of religion which are forbidden per the rules of Gen OT.