Spec decisions (tired of DPS)

as the title says im looking for the opinions of other paladins on spec choice. i have always played dps specs (with the exception of a little tanking and healing during wrath) and I am getting bored with the current state of ret atm. I am going to try out healing or tanking. I am a casual player but the guild im in can use a healer or a tank for our 3rd group. So what in your opinion is the better/more fun spec to play a paladin Holy or Prot. I have some holy gear atm but i do not mind regrinding some prot gear. I have a 491 ret set and a crappy 471 holy set
    Last edited by Kalshen; 2013-05-16 at 07:01 AM.

Deleted
    we cannot tell you what you will enjoy, only what our own opinion is. my personal opinion is that, since they added HP, protection is not that fun to me anymore. I recently switched my prot spec to holy.

but for all we know, you could hate healing and enjoy the paladin tanking style way more than me. and prot paladins are currently pretty much the best tanks there are. Holy paladins are also in a good spot.

Probably an easier transition from Ret to Prot. But if you want a bigger change, go Holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalshen View Post
    So what in your opinion is the better/more fun spec to play a paladin Holy or Prot.
    thanks much that is the exact kind of post i was looking for =D

Protections an excellent choice, it currently feels like Ret but with added responsibility and the need to live. Tanking easy fights is boring but progression based ones get very interesting quickly.

Along with that most of the Ret gear can be used in the protection spec via the haste build

15+ Year Old Account
    To quote Fhi!

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    All specs and classes are viable in PvP and PvE. Play the one you enjoy, we cannot choose for you. Closing.
    We can't make the decision for you, please utilize the existing threads to make an educated decision for yourself!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature