Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    My HS is set to 7 stars, only ever go to SW to use the AH, either by way of the portal in the shrine or guild cloak.

I don't miss Ironforge at all. I'm primarily a Horde player but with the time I've spent on Alliance side I can easily say I much prefer the convenience and accessibility of Stormwind. It might be uglier but whatever. Like I said I'm a Horde player so I've been looking at Orgrimmar for 8 years. Clearly I'm not too concerned with city aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    My HS is set to 7 stars, only ever go to SW to use the AH, either by way of the portal in the shrine or guild cloak.
    This too. My hearth is set at the Shrine and I'm an Engineer on my main so I don't have much reason to go to the mainland cities anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I think they should totally rebuild Ironforge. Have more rock formations, make it really feel like it has been chised out of a mountain, rather then smooth stone, rock and circles. Stalagmites & Stalactites over the place, making it all feel very inside a mountain!
    Why would the dwarves leave the city half-made? It's supposed to be a feat of engineering and craftsman ship, not like they just found a big cave and threw some buildings in.

If anything could use some love, it's Exodar. Why hasn't it been fixed and made into a floating city yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    IF was the main city in vanilla due to its accessibility and quickness of travel to Blackrock Mountain.

In TBC it was Shattrath and in Wrath it was Dalaran.

Don't lie about what the main city was after Vanilla, you are also still welcome to use IF as your main hub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    IF was the main city in vanilla due to its accessibility and quickness of travel to Blackrock Mountain.

Don't lie about what the main city was after Vanilla, you are also still welcome to use IF as your main hub.
    This is not strictly true. Shattrath never had an AH, and Dalaran didn't unless you were an engineer. During this time IF was still populated, and was certainly still the "Main" vanilla city. SW was a ghost town.

It was the changes in Cataclysm that made SW the new main city.

Not lying about anything pal, said it was the main ALLIANCE hub not neutral. I understand with new expansions there will be new cities that the majority of people will be in. In BC yes many were in Shat but IF was nowhere near as dead as it is now, Wrath saw most of the people go Dalaran but once again IF was still the most populated ALLY hub, it was not until CATA that Blizzard made IF and other FACTION cities obsolete by adding things exclusively to SW and Org. If you need further help understanding this incredibly simple concept you may focus on the words I have capitalized and maybe it will come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I think they should totally rebuild Ironforge. Have more rock formations, make it really feel like it has been chised out of a mountain, rather then smooth stone, rock and circles. Stalagmites & Stalactites over the place, making it all feel very inside a mountain!
    The city is chiseled out of the mountain. You're asking for them to make it a city that has just been built in a cave and through some process kept the rather fragile natural formations intact.
    Not to mention that you probably wouldn't want a cave with stalagmites and stalactites for your city anyway, because that means that you've constantly got water dropping down from above.

In my experience, throughout mid TBC-mid Wrath both Ironforge and Stormwind were populated, since there was no advantage or disadvantage to be in either, both had pretty much the same, except Stormwind actually had more in terms of a boat to Northrend, but that was minor.

I really hope they just either add or remove all the special things about Org/SW
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Noone lies here, Shatt and Dalaran didnt have class trainers and AH, only Azeroth/Kalimdor cities have them to this day. So if you wanted to have all facilities at hand, you had to be in SW/IF. Dalaran and Shatt were home cities only for ppl who didnt have the need for AH/trainers and were waiting for groups for heroics/questing/raiding cos it was closer to entrances.

Sure, IF can still be main city, but not a hub, since portals, some vendors, reforge/transmog npcs are in SW and running to SW thru Deeprun Tram isnt practical at all.

Same goes for Horde cities, I would like for Undercity to be main hub for my horde toons, and not forced to be in Org.

Lets make a petition to Blizz to give cities some life again.

Deleted
    I don't, it is a dark, depressing place. I don't get why people liked to sit there all the day...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    I have been playing WoW ever since the end of Vanilla, and throughout my time in this game one of my favorite places is Ironforge. It used to be the main city Alliance side from Classic through Wrath on most servers. Then Wrath ended and they put the cata portals in SW and the majority of players shifted to SW. There are still the lone few who hang around/afk in IF, but I find it to be such an annoyance to be there due to no transmog/reforge, portals, or players. What I want to know is why there can't be these things in all major cities? I feel like a lot of design/effort that went into making these cities when they came out is wasted as now the only people who ever use them is the occasional low level and maybe 3-4 level 90's. I know some of the capitals have been essentially ghost towns since there creation (Exodar, Silvermoon, Darnassus, ...) but why do they gimp the rest of them by not putting essential things in the cities?
    I feel the same way about the Horde cities. I'm sick and tired of Orgrimmar, I hate it, and would love for them to put all the vendors, portals and whatever else can only be found in Orgrimmar in all other capital cities so players can choose whichever city they want to be in without feeling that they are missing something. I would never leave Silvermoon if they did this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    This is not strictly true. Shattrath never had an AH, and Dalaran didn't unless you were an engineer. During this time IF was still populated, and was certainly still the "Main" vanilla city. SW was a ghost town.

It was the changes in Cataclysm that made SW the new main city.
    SW was busier than IF on the couple of servers I played on in Wrath, same goes for TBC. Even in Vanilla, after the AH merge, SW was fairly busy, but not as busy as IF. I always preferred SW, but I used IF because I could get to Blackrock mountain far quicker.

This still doesn't stop you hanging out in IF, set HS to the Shrine, portal to IF. Win. I hang out in Thunder Bluff on my char because I prefer it and a lot of other people do as well.

You are not forced to SW or Org, we have like a 15 min HS these days, which can take you back to panda world, you don't need a portal.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-05-16 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still go to Darnassus. I have the whole place to myself

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to love PvP in Ironforge, going on my rogue ganking people and then jumping into the pit and running for my life, was so epic, I miss those days

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toc View Post
    I still go to Darnassus. I have the whole place to myself
    That's what i was about to say i spend a ton of time in Darnassus because i love that city, i also always use ground mounts in citys and often for travel around, because i like too, I don't believe people when they say "i miss xx" because in this game you've no reason to miss a city, considering how stupidly easy it is to get any where now, you can set your hearth to any place you like, You can get the argent crusaders tabard for a port there, you can get the teleport to SW shirts, you can get the Jaina's locket that makes a portal to Dala, etc, just go where you like, and do what you like,too many people seem to care too much about what everyone else is doing=/

I really don't get why they don't add the Pandaria portal and other things to the other cities. Let people choose where they want to frequent, instead of forcing them to be in Stormwind/Org because that's where the stuff they need is.

Deleted
    I think the reason is to make the server seem like a bustling busy place full of players. If all faction capitals had everything Org and SW have, then the player base would be spread out amongts the capitals they like best. No city would consequently have that manic crowd like the VoS and Trade district have.

I can understand why they do it, but like you would prefer it if hearthing to different capitals was a real option.

The best solution, I think, would be to have no one city with everything, but improve transport infrastructure between faction capitals. So spread out all the cool shit Org and SW have between all the faction capitals. xmog? Go to Silvermoon. Void storage? Undercity. Cata portals? Which one? Twilight highlands is in Org, hyjal is in Thunderbluff, Uldum is in Silvermoon, Vashjir is in Undercity.

With more portals, things like zeps and deeprun trams, it wouyldn't be that annoying, and you'd see a real flow of traffic between capitals.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    People miss using and going to the other major cities (anything that isn't Orgrimmar and Stormwind) and the solution is so simple: Add all the same portals and stuff that you can only find in Orgrimmar/Stormwind in all the other cities - and boom.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I hung out in IF up until Cata, when we were pretty much forced into Stormwind. Always had my hearth there and everything. Loved that place. Still remember being a lowbie wayyyy back in the day browsing AH looking at all the pretty boe blues and stuff, listening to the IF music, lol. Then dueling all the time behind the pole and under the steps near the dummies...and outside, lol. Good old days.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

One capital per faction being the only 'hub' was a monumentally stupid idea.