Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up CombatReplay addon. By PhoenixStyle

Hi,
    I am author of PhoenixStyle addon and I am back ))

The new cool addon is coming... It is veeeery useful for raids, VERY. If I compare it to PhoenixStyle - its 100 times more useful.

But, it would be better if someone can create images of all boss' rooms from the future raids (1 from the current to test it).
    Not exact an image... only important lines that people use during combat... "a structure of the room" (very accurate) If you understand me...

So, if you want to join the project ... let me know!

And if you guess what is it - I'll tell you more

Update: more info about new addon here: http://www.phoenixstyle.com/CombatReplay.php
    Last edited by mmoc29459bcbff; 2013-05-23 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    Hey, I can help you but for some reason I can't message you because I don't have 10 msg on the forums, so if you could try to pm me or give me another way to contact you it would be nice!

Deleted
    You can write me an email (ad . before com and change at) " admin at phoenixstyle com " I cant use PM too D its too difficult at beginning...

Deleted
    Not sure how any addon can be more useful than phoenixstyle Atleast the T11 version was just amazing. The amount of things it tracks was incredible as a raid leader. Especially with a boss shield monitor on top of that.
    Being able to track all interrupts on all 3 mobs in Nef25hc was invaluable, the shields on omni25hc, all the shit goin on at council etc. Was just an incredible addon.

Are you also planning on bringing phoenixstyle back up to its former glory?

Deleted
    So we had PhoenixStyle, what's the name of this one?
    Could it be...
    no...
    Or maybe?
    GANGNAM STYLE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Not sure how any addon can be more useful than phoenixstyle Atleast the T11 version was just amazing. The amount of things it tracks was incredible as a raid leader. Especially with a boss shield monitor on top of that.
    Being able to track all interrupts on all 3 mobs in Nef25hc was invaluable, the shields on omni25hc, all the shit goin on at council etc. Was just an incredible addon.

Are you also planning on bringing phoenixstyle back up to its former glory?
    In next patch I would, for the moment I would like to spend more time for the new addon...

Add . before com:
    phoenixstyle com/files/temp_upload/WoWScrnShot_051513_235544.jpg

thats an old image, I like too much this idea=) And it will bring much more info than PhoenixStyle, imagine: players that are "flashing" with bad debuffs, you can see their position how they move... Ohhhh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurshik87 View Post
    In next patch I would, for the moment I would like to spend more time for the new addon...

Add . before com:
    phoenixstyle com/files/temp_upload/WoWScrnShot_051513_235544.jpg

thats an old image, I like too much this idea=) And it will bring much more info than PhoenixStyle, imagine: players that are "flashing" with bad debuffs, you can see their position how they move... Ohhhh
    That looks kinda friggin' amazing.

Deleted
    So the plan is that you will be able to play it up after the boss fight to see peoples exact position. And maybe the green dots turning yellow when people are standing the close to eachother (say if fight requires people to stand 6 yards apart), and turn red when people take damage that they shouldnt?
    Maybe turn purple or whatever when someone gets a debuff. Well, just random colors there, but basically the colors changing so you see what happens to people.

If that is how it is supposed to work, my only question would be, is it possible to do that without it becoming an insane memory hog?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    So the plan is that you will be able to play it up after the boss fight to see peoples exact position. And maybe the green dots turning yellow when people are standing the close to eachother (say if fight requires people to stand 6 yards apart), and turn red when people take damage that they shouldnt?
    Maybe turn purple or whatever when someone gets a debuff. Well, just random colors there, but basically the colors changing so you see what happens to people.

If that is how it is supposed to work, my only question would be, is it possible to do that without it becoming an insane memory hog?
    I think to zoom map and show also castbar on the squares. Yes, you can set "minumum range" and see who fail, track specific buffs/debuffs/casts and see them.

Well, during combat it doesn't calculate anything... So it uses less CPU than any other addon. But it saves everything so it uses Ram memory (+- as recount, but not sure of the final version). But nowadays its not a problem, it doesn't affect fps etc (I tried it already by saving every event 100 times and my fps was not changed).
    When you open addon to reproduce video - it starts to calculate all events.. Here it uses 100% of CPU and stack for 1-2 seconds. Here some info will be deleted.
    When you play video it uses your CPU well (you can change refresh time, at the moment it makes refresh every 0.1 sec, so it seems to be a real movie), but I have always 60 fps, so I don't think it's a problem.

Basically, its very friendly during the fight with CPU. You just see a big number of RAM allocated.

P.S. I know that PhoenixStyle is not friendly with CPU, I know. This one is completely different :]
    Last edited by mmoc29459bcbff; 2013-05-16 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Well for me the RAM is not a problem for me As long as it does not use a lot of CPU during combat it is fine.

If you want a tester testing it and coming with new ideas / ideas for improvement I would love to help you test it. Your previous addons helped me so much when raid leading in WotLK and T11. It would be the least I could do.

Deleted
    I would like to find someone who can design background for it It's cool

I'll post more details soon and will upload it on curse as alpha. Maybe this weekend. I have already a list of ideas (+-30) ))

Deleted
    Designing the background is more of a... I would if I could. But do not think I have the skillset for that

This looks ridiculously useful. 10/10 would use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please correct me, if I'm wrong, but.....
    This is Recount combined with StopMotion movie?
    Basically, you track what everyone does, and where he is, and can play it forward and backwards, after combat have ended.... Correct?

While I can see, it's a huge personal challenge and daunting task, especially, since you have announced it before you have finished it, I appreciate that..

But one question remains.... WHY?
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-05-16 at 01:51 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

If you can get this to work without destroying computers, it may become the most useful progression raiding addon in the history of the game.

I'm intrigued and following.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    While I can see, it's a huge personal challenge and daunting task, especially, since you have announced it before you have finished it
    The core of the addon has been finished. It works already with positions / spells (exept instance, thats a bit challenge to add them), HP, targets etc. Other things... are easy to add, I need more time.
    And yes, there are no buttons, I run it with scripts. So I hope to add them soon and maybe this/next weekend to upload it for tests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    While I can see, it's a huge personal challenge and daunting task, especially, since you have announced it before you have finished it
    The core of the addon has been finished. It works already with positions / spells (except instance with no casting time, thats a bit challenge to add them, but possible), HP, targets etc. Other things... are easy to add, I just need more time.
    And yes, there are no buttons yet, I run it with scripts. So I hope to add them soon and maybe this/next weekend to upload it for tests

Deleted
    More than "WHY?", the real issue it's that you don't have time to replay everything after each pull to discover who suxx.

For me, that's why phoenixstyle was so good, you could check the performance of each people in our raid (reaction time, add assist, stand in the fire, hit by XXX spell) really quickly. And as a raid leader, it's the information i need, why we die, why people suxx, what people need to improve.

Anyway, it can be great to replay a raid after a night of wipefest. But during a raid i don't thinks many people have the time to do that :P

Deleted
    One of the next option to add is:
    when someone die a mark will be added on the "time-slider" (don't know right english name), important abilities and fails will add a "mark" to the slider too. So you can open it, click to the mark and look what happens in that moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurshik87 View Post
    One of the next option to add is:
    when someone die a mark will be added on the "time-slider" (don't know right english name), important abilities and fails will add a "mark" to the slider too. So you can open it, click to the mark and look what happens in that moment
    I think timeline is the word you are looking for.