Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ToT Heroics 2 healing order?

Can someone give me a good progression list assuming you're only using 2 healers (R Shaman, H Paladin) and it's non negotiable? (I know this is not ideal on alot of fights)

H Jinrokh and H Jikun are dead so far with Jikun taking about 1/5th the attempts as Jinrokh.... we worked on Iron Qon this week but I'm not sure 2 healers is working out. The damage from the Wind Storm is absolutely insane, by the time I take the warlock portal and hit Healing Tide outside the vortex, people are dead or near death.

Is any of the other bosses a little more easily 2 healable going forward?

A little background.... we have a 3rd healer that never heals, its our main spec enhance shaman, he doesn't play resto ever because we 2 healed every normal mode progressing and he just doesnt have any experience in doing it. He went heals on iron qon and did less than the Pally Tank and in enhance he puts out double his resto healing just using maelstrom procs on HR alone.

I was thinking maybe Tortos or any boss that requires you to 2 heal to meet enrage requirements would suit us better than anything that needs 3 healers per say.

If anybody has any good suggestions I would appreciate it

Alot of hc bosses need three healers.

On iron qon heroic dont let enhance spec resto, enhance is the stongest dps healing class on that fight. A disc priest is strong if you have a spriests.

for windstorm you pala should pop Aura mastery before you get gripped. and have everybody use personal cooldowns BEFORE you get gripped.

I quess you can try horridon two healing if you have dps classes with cooldowns to assist you. Tortos can be twohealed with certain strats. If you have classes with alot of imunities you could try council but never tried that boss so dont trust me on that one.

Horridon with two pala can be two healed i quess. maybe try to get a third healer with an dps offspec. or if you have a Spriests maybe let him play disc if you dont need him as a 100% healer only for smite and cooldowns.

Deleted
    There's no heroic fight that absolutely needs 3 healers, of the ones we've done so far I'd say that ji-kun, jin'rokh and megaera are outright easier with 3 healers, megaera being the only one of those that isn't faceroll regardless. Megaera is also the only fight where I feel like 3 healers truly is the way to go, and the only one I'd postpone from a normal order if using 2 (it's definitely doable with 2 as well, just significantly harder). IF (most groups do now with lmg/item upgrades) you have the dps to use 3 healers I'd say that both qon and council are easier with 3, if you don't, 2.

Deleted
    We 2 healed jin rokh, horridon, tortos, ji kun, and almost got iron qon downed with 2 healers aswell.

For windstorms, make sure you pop survival cds, and hots BEFORE windstorm happends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    We 2 healed jin rokh, horridon, tortos, ji kun, and almost got iron qon downed with 2 healers aswell.

For windstorms, make sure you pop survival cds, and hots BEFORE windstorm happends.
    What was your healing makeup?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    What was your healing makeup?
    Druid
    pala

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post

If anybody has any good suggestions I would appreciate it
    I am 8/13 HC so far, and know most tacs for the rest of the content:

You can 2 heal:

Jinrohk
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Ji-Kun
    Durumu
    Twins
    Lei Shin
    Ra-Den

I would advice not to 2 heal:
    Council
    Megara
    Primo
    Dark Animus
    Iron Qon

2 healing Council and Primo and Qon should be doable. 2 healing Megara and Dark Animus feels like suicide, however Megara becomes easier and easier as dps increases, so maybe if you have insane dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post

You can 2 heal:

Jinrohk
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Ji-Kun
    Durumu
    Twins
    Lei Shin
    Ra-Den

Council
    Megara
    Primo
    Dark Animus
    Iron Qon

2 healing Council and Primo and Qon should be doable. 2 healing Megara and Dark Animus feels like suicide, however Megara becomes easier and easier as dps increases, so maybe if you have insane dps.
    You can use 2 heal Iron Qon - Megaera - Council - Dark Animus, but you need a really good dps !!

Deleted
    Horridon & Tortos should both be 2 healed. and they're both rather easy.

Council seemed easier to 2 heal when I tried than 3 healing did when I got my progress kill a few months back (not the same guild). it even seemed easier than to 3 heal with the same people.

But then again more dps on heroic meg brings the rampages in quicker, which may not be the best for 2 healers (cooldowns not finishing etc.) I'd say after upgrades most fights will be 2 healable, but 3 healing will be easier on some, the only fights you would want to 3 heal are Meg and Qon. It's also unfortunate that you have a resto sham, they are the worst healers currently and won't be as effective as using the stronger healing specs(not saying it can't be done, just not having a disc priest makes every fight harder.)
    Last edited by Aircroth; 2013-06-01 at 06:59 PM.

You can 2 heal:

Jinrohk
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Ji-Kun
    Durumu
    Twins
    Lei Shin
    Ra-Den

Council
    Megara
    Primo
    Dark Animus
    Iron Qon

Not true, I definitely recommend 2 healing dark animus. The damage is so spiky and deaths are usually people getting gibbed so adding a 3rd healer wasn't able to stop this at all. Much better to add another dps and get less interrupting jolts.

Deleted
    Council can benefit from 2 healing as well to ensure you get only 1 frost bite while still killing sul before he becomes empowered.

Thanks for the advice everybody. We will try horridon and keep going on iron qon with 2 healers. Resto shaman on 10man has been challenging at times but we usually make it work. I just was curious to see if people still 2 heal out there, almost every video I watch on these heroics are 3 healers. Thanks!

I would suggest doing Horridon / Tortos first and after that to try Iron Qon or Council. Iron Qon might be tricky with resto sham + holy pal but should be doable with a prot paladin solotanking + enhance shaman assisting when needed. Council should be ok if your dps is good enough.

you can 2 Heal full ToT HC but you need good DPS , 3 heals are needed if you dps is crap

Deleted
    Two healing without further assistance? Not possible on the harder encounter. Two healing with further assistance, either from hybrid dps (and/) or tanks? Very possible* but don't also underestimate the ilvl difference between the logs on WoL and your raiding team, there's maybe a 10-15 point gap if you just start with that.

You already mentioned enhancer + pally tank, that's a good start. But you might need 1-2 more assists to cover burst phases and having pretty sturdy classes on your roster (shadow, warlock) will further help over squishy ones like mages.

* but not for every healer combination. Sadly i can't get into specifics here, you'll have to figure out if your combo is sufficient for fight x and/or y.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-01 at 08:41 PM.

For us..
    2 heal
    jin'rokh, horridon, tortos (ele shaman conductivity assistance on bats/bat-tank), ji-kun, durumu, dark animus

3 heal
    council (2-healable sure, but khaz sort of limits your dps anyway). Iron Qon. Twins (tho I now think blizz wants this to be 2healable, 3rd healer mainly runs around and does statues anyway).

4 heal
    Megaera with single tank -- because with single tanking you have to time the breaths just right anyway, unless you can cut off a whole breath with more dps it doesn't matter.

Just starting Lei Shen but we're probably going to try 3 healing at first now that dps budget isn't a huge issue.

Deleted
    Literally the only fights i don't view as easier with 2 healers is megeara and tortos, every other fight the damage is largely avoidable/easily dealt with, rampages end up completely destroying the raid later and if people hug the healers on tortos is gets kinda messy

You can 2 heal:

Jinrohk
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Ji-Kun
    Durumu
    Twins
    Lei Shin
    Ra-Den

Council
    Megara
    Primo
    Dark Animus
    Iron Qon

13 of the first 15 US 10 man DA kills were 2 heals. the only guilds that 3 healed it were ones with double disc priest+X or else you couldn't beat the enrage timer. We use disc+holy paladin on DA. Meagara I would not advice 2 healing as you can get screwed on rng and both healers getting ice/fire=gg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    We use disc+holy paladin on DA. Meagara I would not advice 2 healing as you can get screwed on rng and both healers getting ice/fire=gg.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFs8nxL2DrY

Tried 3 healing (2 Disci 1 Holy Pally). Killed it the next raid by 2 healing it. Wasnt that hard either. Think its easier with 2 than with 3.

There wasnt really much rng.. the only rng with debuffs we had was when our 2 melees got the fire debuff everytime.

Iron Qon was easy as well with 2 healers.

regards