Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tortos 10N - when do you hero

Do you guys hero on pull to align with trinkets/procs (1) or when you do the first kick since boss is taking more damage (2) or any other time?

Been having an annoying discussion with a guildie about this, I'm of the opinion that (1) would be a higher benefits overall (dps wise) and hes saying that option 2 is better... What you guys think?

On the pull, when people aren't having to dodge turtles and the like. The fight isn't much of a DPS check either way.

We've done it at the start and at the end, as mentioned it really makes no big difference. If I had to have a preference for normal it'd be the end just because things sometimes don't go smoothly and it can help there.

As a dps I prefer it at the start though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Depends if its and easy farm for you or not.

If it isn't then hero at the end when he stats pooping turtles rapidly to get thru that phase as rapidly as possible. If it is, then who cares? :P

I would imagine Hero after Tortos gets hit by a turtle would be most effective (considering he gets a debuff).

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I would imagine Hero after Tortos gets hit by a turtle would be most effective (considering he gets a debuff).
    then you might as well wait until cds are back like 2 mins into the fight so you dont hold cds and end up using them fewer times during the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    That is how we do it at least. At first we used BL on the first Turtles as we lacked the DPS to kill one before the breath, but now we lust when Tortos has the debuff ^^

But Bonkura holding BL until all have their CDs is a great idea as well.

on the pull - it's the only time people get to stand still and just attack the boss.

plus being aligned with pre-pots and all trinkets/cooldowns is going to be more effective than one turtle debuff, where people are also going to be attacking adds.

Hero at the end when you have enough turtles to last the fight and ignore everything but the boss.

You can hero at the start, but that just means the burn phase is going to last longer and people are more likely to make a mistake and die with turtles flying everywhere for a long time. The enrage should never be an issue on this fight, so you should use hero to shorten the insane part of the fight rather than hero at the start just to maybe do a little more overall damage.

From 100% health down to 20% health, hero doesnt actually matter. You need to be able to manage the incoming shells/bats without hero, and if you can do that there is no rush. Once Tortos hits 20% it *IS* a dps race, because he's crapping out shells faster than you can deal with it. Everyone comes off shell management and all your DPS is focused down on him. You have a stockpile of shells, you keep the 25% debuff rolling and you hero him down then.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    From 100% health down to 20% health, hero doesnt actually matter. You need to be able to manage the incoming shells/bats without hero, and if you can do that there is no rush. Once Tortos hits 20% it *IS* a dps race, because he's crapping out shells faster than you can deal with it. Everyone comes off shell management and all your DPS is focused down on him. You have a stockpile of shells, you keep the 25% debuff rolling and you hero him down then.
    This. This so much.

While it is (and always has been) perfectly doable without BL for the last 20%, using it there makes it a whole lot easier.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

We've always saved it for the part where he starts spamming turtle shells. There's almost always a point where he'll have the debuff since we have a few extra dead turtles, so it actually works really well. Plus at that point, everyone's got their CDs back and it's just a stupidly annoying phase we prefer to blaze through it. The rest of the fight, there's no need for Heroism, since (unless you have shit DPS) it's very basic, straight forward turtles > bats > boss with no need to DPS any faster than you normally would. No significant enrage timer = no need to do extra DPS at the beginning of the fight. There's just no compelling reason not to save it for that part of the fight. You don't need the additional DPS at any other point unless you struggle on the first turtle...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

<25%
    Burn boss, kite Bats, stay out of the way of turtles.
    Your DPS on Tortos for the majority of the fight is the lowest priority.

Deleted
    we BLOODLUST at 50million hp
    at the first kill, we BLOODLUSTED at 40million hp

i dunno what percents that is..

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    There's just no compelling reason not to save it for that part of the fight.
    there's actually no compelling reason to use hero at ANY part of the fight; therefore, if you want to make the overall fight length shorter, you use it at the beginning. there's way too many turtles banging around at the end to take full advantage and it's extremely unlikely that heroism at the end would be the difference between a kill and a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    We've always saved it for the part where he starts spamming turtle shells. There's almost always a point where he'll have the debuff since we have a few extra dead turtles, so it actually works really well. Plus at that point, everyone's got their CDs back and it's just a stupidly annoying phase we prefer to blaze through it. The rest of the fight, there's no need for Heroism, since (unless you have shit DPS) it's very basic, straight forward turtles > bats > boss with no need to DPS any faster than you normally would. No significant enrage timer = no need to do extra DPS at the beginning of the fight. There's just no compelling reason not to save it for that part of the fight. You don't need the additional DPS at any other point unless you struggle on the first turtle...
    My guild does this as well - once we're settled and have three knocked-out turtles plus another wave coming shortly, we just kick one at him through a pile of bats for the lulz and then hit bloodlust and do as much damage as we can.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

BL on the pull, because it's overall more dps. WoL rankings are important.

Deleted
    around 20%, cause at 20% boss starts calling turtles much more frequently.

We hero at the end of the fight to get through the phase where he rapidly spawns turtles more quickly- also of benefit, near the end of the fight, you can save up enough extra turtles to have 100% uptime on the debuff during hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Do you guys hero on pull to align with trinkets/procs (1) or when you do the first kick since boss is taking more damage (2) or any other time?

Been having an annoying discussion with a guildie about this, I'm of the opinion that (1) would be a higher benefits overall (dps wise) and hes saying that option 2 is better... What you guys think?
    Why would you lust at the start? You have a stomp coming in very quickly and most of your time at the start is making sure the first few turtles go down in time. To lust at the start is a waste imo.

We've always lusted around the 30% mark (making sure at least 3 turtles are down and ready to go)