View Poll Results: Where do you throw your used toilet paper?

Voters
465. This poll is closed
  • Trash

22 4.73%
  • Toilet

443 95.27%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Had a Hispanic girl working at a former job I had and we had to tell her like 2-3 times to throw it in the toilet not the trashcan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    That's bizarre, I've also read that some people wipe their arse without wetting the paper first, is this true?

Who the hell wets paper before wiping o.O

If you do that the paper will become soggy and your fingers will be full of poop....

3 votes for trash...

either this is a revelation or someone's fuckin with us.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Toilet. I know a guy that prefers trash.

I think it's disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post

If you do that the paper will become soggy and your fingers will be full of poop....
    I suspect Einherjarn had a bit of irony in that, not too sure though.

The fingers full of poop part is solved by washing afterwards though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the older properties in Cyprus had bins next to the toilet in the bathrooms, but I always flushed the paper and never had a blocked khazi.

I think it's more of a problem in Nicosia, but they're a bit of an odd lot up there anyway.

If I wipe my butt with it then it goes into the toilet because it will stink.

If I blow my nose into it or wipe my face or something like that then it goes into the trash because while messy, it won't cause a stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post

The toilet paper I've used my entire life is designed to break apart when it's wet...so it doesn't seem like a good idea to do that before use. But maybe some people use paper towels to do the deed? Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I lived once it got so cold that if you flushed all your paper little bits get stuck in the pipes and freeze and boom go your pipes eventually. I have lived both ways and I live in town now where I Can flush it, having it in a trash can next to your toilet is nasty and not safe at all.

That's bizarre, I've also read that some people wipe their arse without wetting the paper first, is this true?
    Yes this is true. How do you wet the paper when you are in a public bathroom? You get up, walk over to the sink, wet the paper, go back to the stall, wipe your ass? I hope you dont do something gross like dip the paper in the toilet to wet it, essentially wiping your ass with everyone else's bacteria. I dont think most people wet the paper to be honest. Also, I flush the paper down, unless I am at work, then I throw it away in the can next to my bosses desk (I also pee on it before throwing it in said can). If possible I eat a bunch of kimchee and McNuggets as well. I am not happy with my work.

Thrilling subject indeed. I do flush my paper, although I've been to countries where it's not always appropriate to do so.

wat...... are you being serious? @_@

Deleted
    I always flush the toilet paper. Or I used to.

Since I moved to Brazil, I noticed that brazilian flush toilets are very weak, and don't have enough suction power.
    If I try to flush the paper, it doesn't go down the drain. So I have to keep a fucking trash can nearby just for the crappy toilet paper! Disgusting! :P
    Every time I take a dump, I have to press the flush for at least 10 seconds.

Deleted
    beday!

/10char

Depends where you're living. Some places don't have the plumbing for paper to go down the pipes. I was in Peru all last summer and it was like that.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The toilet paper I've used my entire life is designed to break apart when it's wet...so it doesn't seem like a good idea to do that before use. But maybe some people use paper towels to do the deed? Who knows.
    Same, our toilet paper is designed to break to not cause the sewage pipes to get obstructed and have the water flow out of the toilet and out on the bathroom floor, which you can probably imagine smells a whole lot worse then throwing your shit paper in the trash having sewage water flooding your bathroom.

On an unrelated note i had sewage issues once were water started going up the pipes somehow flooding the floor of my apartment from the bathroom, could not live there for over 2 weeks, was a bit gross to say the least.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-05-16 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    wat...... are you being serious? @_@
    If you get shit on your arm, do you just grab some paper and wipe it off or would you use water as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    People raised in regions that don't have the infrastructure for plumbing or sewage systems that can support people flushing it.
    Ew.

Never going to live in those places.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    If you get shit on your arm, do you just grab some paper and wipe it off or would you use water as well?
    How...no...Why...is there shit on your arm?!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Kind of sad to realize that so many people on this forum are ignorant enough to think the rest of the world has proper plumbing.

Then again even when we here in the states had inadequate plumbing the shit and paper both went in the same hole in the ground.