Thread: Durumu hc

Deleted

Durumu hc

hey, i got problem doing massive dmg on the ice walls, multi shot doesnt seemt to hit multiple (3+) targets only the on the "middle" ice it does. So how do you do high dmg on these? Our warlock doing 3x my aoe dmg makes me just wanna roll BM on this fight.

So how do you do high dmg on these?
    You don't really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    You don't really.
    Ok how do I deal with it? Fire trap? Barrage? Multi shot to get srs? Spam srs or just single target rotation on them?

Currently progressing on this fight too. Seems the only real damaging ability we have on the Walls is Barrage. Other than that you can single target some down.

Deleted
    I can't remember exactly, but I think I read somewhere that if you target the first part of the wall (IE, the closest one) you will hit the most amount of the Walls.

What works there best:
    -Throw fire trap when right before walls spawn
    -Cast Multishot on Durumu, this will make serpent sting hit 2 pieces of each wall.
    -With extra focus, go up each piece of the left and right wall with multidotting using serpent sting, save enough focus for Barrage.
    -Position yourself far near the middle spot between two walls to broaden your barrage spread, and cast it.
    -After this, focus only on boss; it is worthless to try to keep up dots on walls since Eshams and Demo locks will rape them too fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    -Cast Multishot on Durumu, this will make serpent sting hit 2 pieces of each wall.
    1 piece of each wall, actually. But yea now we have this fight on farm this is the method I've been using.

What Joyful said is correct as well. If you are still progressing on the fight I would Multi-Shot Durumu once and then target a wall close to Durumu and continue to Multi-shot. While using Barrage and Explosive Trap correctly of course.

What Walajanilu says is correct, but don't think that doing that is going to make your DPS nearly as good as a Warlock or Ele. Walls are a poorly designed mechanic that overwhelmingly favor certain specs, but what else is new I suppose.

As long as you have a good Ele/Lock you really shouldn't have to touch the walls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrdin View Post
    hey, i got problem doing massive dmg on the ice walls, multi shot doesnt seemt to hit multiple (3+) targets only the on the "middle" ice it does. So how do you do high dmg on these? Our warlock doing 3x my aoe dmg makes me just wanna roll BM on this fight.
    It is simply horrible for us, I wouldn't worry about it. I got rank 9 on Durumu last night and I was lowest on wall damage in my raid, both my mage and my Ele doing triple my damage.

As others have suggested, I sit on Durumu and multishot. I also save Barrage, Explosive Trap, Fervor when the walls are <20s away, and pool focus to 100 when they are about to spawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    What works there best:
    -Throw fire trap when right before walls spawn
    -With extra focus, go up each piece of the left and right wall with multidotting using serpent sting, save enough focus for Barrage.
    -Position yourself far near the middle spot between two walls to broaden your barrage spread, and cast it.
    -After this, focus only on boss; it is worthless to try to keep up dots on walls since Eshams and Demo locks will rape them too fast.
    Pretty much this.I've killed durumu hc last night and i've done excactly the same thing managed to do 150k dps with 523ilvl.

Deleted
    Since hunters doesn't do that much dmg to walls is it worth going BM for this? Seing my BM single target is 10-20k dps higher than survival.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrdin View Post
    Since hunters doesn't do that much dmg to walls is it worth going BM for this? Seing my BM single target is 10-20k dps higher than survival.
    I dont think BM is that far ahead with 1 target.

BM would be useless during both Light Spectrum and Ice Walls. Once you have the basics down, Spectrum is really the only thing that is going to wipe the raid.

Deleted
    make room for ele sham/demo lock if walls are THE problem, i'm not kidding
    If you do not have another person for the switch just go with barrage and dps the wall ST (since they share hp)

Of course you can put srs via mouseover macro on some walls but you will do more dmg dpsing them one by one, and let the right classes do their job. Usually each wall should last no longer than 10-15sec so you will only benefit if you dot the right/back wall and beam goes left. Assuming you will be at 100 focus you can dot max 7 wall points and you will have to move to the beam before it spawns and will be OOF and you will loose dmg overall getting back to your typical rotation.

The walls may be a troublesome target for some melee to dps them (sth with terrible range afaik) but everyone should dps walls with what they have not tunnel boss focusing on first start-middle wall asap and switching right if you see the propoer markings on the floor.

As for BM/SV on this fight. BM is better if you do not slack with dps on Crimson Fogs (pet passive on boss) - go yellow color all the time close to boss and help the red team with few arcane. If otherwise - go SV.
    Last edited by mmoc2909f72852; 2013-05-17 at 04:30 PM.

We just downed it, had all dps and tanks switching to walls to as long as people were actually hitting them they would go down, but if you watch timers save barrage and fervor for right before the icewall spawns, get to almost focus cap and try to black arrow and xplo shot the boss, as the walls spawn hit barrage on boss because they are sometimes LoS when they first spawn and you target them, so after barrage finishes attack whichever is the wall in your way on the point closest to boss multi spam hopefully LnL procs get good damage on wall kill shot dot boss move to next wall same thing, its pretty cake really if you pay attention to timers, and I would say surv just because of all the dots you can keep up on boss adds walls and helping to get walls down moreso than BM might be able to