10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a sound addon / solution!

Hello I&M Forums!

I come here today to see if anyone had any information or can point me in the right direction for finding a solution to my dilemma.

I am a 25 man raider, I love getting a little immersed in what is going on, therefore I have game sounds on. The problem I'm realizing more and more, is that I don't like the 24 other people's spell sounds and such bleeding over each other and generally causing a glob of sound that after awhile just gets annoying to listen to.

What I'm looking for is a solution to my issue. I just want to hear boss and encounter sounds, along with the sounds that come from my character and addons, and nothing else.

Is this a possibility? Is there an addon for something like this that I have overlooked? Or do I have to go game sound hunting in the file system and delete everything I don't want to hear?

I'd appreciate any insight and feedback into this issue!

Thanks <3

| Gantzie [Warrior] (Main) of Mors Certa, US-Kil'Jaeden | Saej [Shaman] | Truckette [Paladin] | Aelo [Rogue] | Volgia [Warlock] |

The sounds for the game are stored in an archive format, with a path for each.
    By recreating that same path in the wow folder it is possible to substitute a sound or UI graphic with another.
    There are compilations of sounds where that has been done for you already, with Muted Sounds Combat in MOP @ wowinterface being an example.
    Note the location for extraction, since that is not in the same place you place addons normally.

Deleting sounds manually from the archives is NOT a good idea, and is actually against the terms of use considered to be modifying the game client files.
    Creating an external alternative is actually a supported method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see where you're coming from. So with this Muted Sounds data bank, what can I do to keep certain sounds? Remove the specific sound file from that directory?

| Gantzie [Warrior] (Main) of Mors Certa, US-Kil'Jaeden | Saej [Shaman] | Truckette [Paladin] | Aelo [Rogue] | Volgia [Warlock] |

Deleted
    Essentially, yes. However, you wouldn't be able to filter "my spells" vs "raid members' spells". If a sound is replaced, it's replaced for everything using that sound.