View Poll Results: What are your sub predictions for Q2, 2013?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lower than 8.3m

    323 88.98%
  • Higher than 8.3m

    40 11.02%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Racist = implied derogatory. I don't believe Pandaria is meant to be a "negative" stereotype of Chinese/asian culture. That guy CLEARLY was slamming every American stereotype out there.

    The guy you quoted should've said "An American-based expansion involving a Wild-West desert theme with Bald Eagle people wearing cowboy hats" is a better lampoon of an "American expansion" WITHOUT being derogatory. :P
    Claiming that Mop is meant for Asians because it has Asian themes is most certainly insulting. Does that means Wrath was marketed to Vikings and TBC to aliens? I'm sorry but it is just flat out ignorant.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Wow may be different from other games but you can't call it crap compared to other games. You personally may feel that way but it isn't objective fact. Until you understand this there is no point in responding to you anymore.
    I'm not saying it's subjective fact. As I've been saying, throughout your incessant cursing and rudeness in this thread, is that **Eastern Markets** CLEARLY think WoW is crap compared to the other games they are flocking to. If they still thought WoW was this amazing game with tremendous play-value, they'd be paying their game time... JUST LIKE LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE THAT. They don't think it's up to par with what they have available and they are voting with their wallets.

    Trying to argue that is just full picard. You can't deny it, you can't play it off on other circumstances. They're rejecting wow in favor of games that give them more bang for their buck. Which = *to them* wow is crap compared to their other options. Period.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-05-17 at 10:36 PM.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...ver-10-million

    http://www.gamepolitics.com/2012/10/...n#.UZawROCLGZg

    Both were on October 4th

    Quotes from Mike Morhaime about the announcement.
    I know you haven't played Wow since Mop but Mop is an expansion. So that doesn't prove me wrong. Are you even reading what I'm posting?

  4. #144
    AAAAND KABLAAAAM!!!!

    Blizzard press release: Subs over 10 million - October 4th!!!

    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=7473409

    ONE WEEK AFTER RELEASE OF PANDARIA/QUARTER ENDS

    Activision/Investor call 1 MONTH later - Nov 7th
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...ns-back-above/

    How do you like them apples, Zanzul? :P Blizzard DOES release sub information early when it's IN THEIR FAVOR.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I know you haven't played Wow since Mop but Mop is an expansion. So that doesn't prove me wrong. Are you even reading what I'm posting?
    The above proves you wrong... please read. ^_^
    Last edited by mvallas; 2013-05-17 at 10:44 PM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  5. #145
    I expect in the least 300K losses. More realistically though, I expect close to 800K for a total of 7.5 million subs. Content may be coming faster, but it's not the quality the players expect. They love to talk about how their resources are precious, but then they focus on pet battle spectating. I've never once heard anyone say, "Man, I sure wish I could watch others as they pet battle!" A complete waste of time and resources for no real reward. To me, it almost seems like they're trying to destroy WoW on purpose.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    AAAAND KABLAAAAM!!!!

    Blizzard press release: Subs over 10 million - October 4th!!!

    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=7473409

    ONE WEEK AFTER RELEASE OF PANDARIA/QUARTER ENDS

    Activision/Investor call 1 MONTH later - Nov 7th
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...ns-back-above/

    How do you like them apples, Zanzul? :P Blizzard DOES release sub information early when it's IN THEIR FAVOR.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:39 PM ----------



    The above proves you wrong... please read. ^_^
    Well played.

    Xanzul is getting owned in this thread pretty good.

  7. #147
    Warchief Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I expect in the least 300K losses. More realistically though, I expect close to 800K for a total of 7.5 million subs. Content may be coming faster, but it's not the quality the players expect. They love to talk about how their resources are precious, but then they focus on pet battle spectating. I've never once heard anyone say, "Man, I sure wish I could watch others as they pet battle!" A complete waste of time and resources for no real reward. To me, it almost seems like they're trying to destroy WoW on purpose.
    failure to read their reasons for the change is your fault. it isnt a full fledged spectator mode. this only happens during wild pet fights out in the world. because it looks completely unnatural to see a player standing idle in a place they have little other reason to be at. you cant queue up to watch somebody pet battle. you cant try to watch your two friends or guildies pet battle each other. you can only see when a player out in the world is fighting a battle pet.

    this is nothing in comparison to the time and resources needed to create an ENTIRE mode of gameplay. spectating wild pet battles is barely different from watching two people duel outside of Org/SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It isn't a "PR" number. It is a verifiable number that Blizzard is obligated by federal law according to SEC regulations to be provided accurately to shareholders. If they say 8.3 million then by god it is 8.3 million and not one subscriber less. It doesn't matter where they live or how much they pay, paying accounts are paying accounts. Period. End of story. If you want to get into who pays more and whether East or West contributes more to Blizzard's profit that is all fine and good but seriously just stop pretending like people magically don't exist simply because they create an inconvenient reality for you.
    dat brand of xanzul illiteracy.

    Must be convenient to ignore everything said just so you can continue to scream at the top of your lungs in an echo chamber, huh? I'm not even going to bother repeating what I said, because you already quoted me once, you can go back and reread what I said until it clicks, if ever.

    Besides, this way is far more humorous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    My basic view on this all is IDGAF, I will continue to play aslong as I enjoy the game thats all that matters to me.
    I agreed up until...

    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I feel people use these threads like Xanzul said
    xanzul is hilariously sycophantic to the point where even if you agree that all this unabashed bashing (just generalizing, not calling anyone out) is unnecessary and rude, he'll still try to shove some excuse about WoW. One of the few quality posters here on MMO-Champ, if you ask me.

    That said, I agree. Quarterly sub numbers are a complete double-edged sword. On the one hand, having a static number attracts potential customers, but on the other, it also brings in detractors. In my opinion, either one is venom. If you are playing a game for the numbers, then there is a problem.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-05-17 at 11:07 PM.

  9. #149
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,207
    If you play an MMO for numbers , I kind feel bad for some of you. You will not be able to enjoy most games/mmos. Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there. If you literally play for numbers for whatever reason, thats really sad, and I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase.

    I for one, DGF, ill play as long as this game is enjoyable to me, and I wont lose sleep over it like some people obviously do. inb4 I get called a fanboy because I still enjoy the game. Wouldn't suprise me.

  10. #150
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,769
    I expect numbers to dwindle dramatically.
    By the end of Summer we'll probably be around the 5M mark.

    Summer is coming, and no new content patch in sight, so this prediction is pretty much a no brainer.

    It'll be interesting to see how many come back for 5.4 and 6.0.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    If you play an MMO for numbers , I kind feel bad for some of you. You will not be able to enjoy most games/mmos. Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there. If you literally play for numbers for whatever reason, thats really sad, and I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase.

    I for one, DGF, ill play as long as this game is enjoyable to me, and I wont lose sleep over it like some people obviously do. inb4 I get called a fanboy because I still enjoy the game. Wouldn't suprise me.
    Kinda ironic you look down on people that play an MMO for numbers, then go on to say "Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there." and "...I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase."

  12. #152
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Kinda ironic you look down on people that play an MMO for numbers, then go on to say "Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there." and "...I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase."
    Yep, you can try and twist my words however you like, but the differance is that I play this game for enjoyment and not because the earning calls state the game gained players. I play EVE from time to time and used to play Rift a bit, and that game barely had a playerbase, did I care? No because I enjoyed the game, and didnt lose my mind because of earning calls, unlike....

  13. #153
    Probably going to go down.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yep, you can try and twist my words however you like, but the differance is that I play this game for enjoyment and not because the earning calls state the game gained players.
    I am not twisted anything that is what you wrote it would seem you are more bothered about the numbers than you care to let on.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I expect numbers to dwindle dramatically.
    By the end of Summer we'll probably be around the 5M mark.

    Summer is coming, and no new content patch in sight, so this prediction is pretty much a no brainer.

    It'll be interesting to see how many come back for 5.4 and 6.0.
    Pretty much this. I mean I stopped playing and I have been one of those players that comes back with new content before but I didnt come back for ToT and im sure not going to come back for a horde themed raid ( even though its to kill off garrosh or w/e ) cata made me sick of their lore and horde favoritism. I am interested in what 6.0 will be but not touching the game until then.

    Annual sub and you get D3 for ps3/ps4 and guaranteed beta access for next xpac.... lul
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  16. #156
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,207
    Yep except that I also stated that I enjoy games with small comunities aswell, because unlike some of you, I can have fun without haveing to depend on the Earning calls. Keep at it, you clearly know what I mean, trying to be a smartass wont help your cause.

  17. #157
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,769
    Pretty much this. I mean I stopped playing and I have been one of those players that comes back with new content before but I didnt come back for ToT and im sure not going to come back for a horde themed raid ( even though its to kill off garrosh or w/e ) cata made me sick of their lore and horde favoritism. I am interested in what 6.0 will be but not touching the game until then.
    You're missing out. ToT is really well done. I bit too much of "dusty and grey" but nevertheless fun.
    I'm really curious what they will do in 5.4. It has the potential of being truly epic or being a Dragonsoul copy-paste-fest 2.0....

    Personally I'm waiting for this tiring faction squabbling to come to an and, so a new enemy can threaten us all.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  18. #158
    Unless there's some amazing offer in June, I'm expecting another 1 million drop. 5.2 didn't put a bandage on the bleeding subs so I'm not sure if new content is enough anymore. The last minute annual pass users for D3 is about to end too.

    Also Blizzard already mentioned to expect more sub losses before the end of the year so, they must know the current April-May trend isn't looking too hot.

    Even if they do something like another revamp of a Scroll of Resurrection, it's nothing to do with improving the game and it screams short term goals.

  19. #159
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,019
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I don't know why people have to be in a WoW camp or a GW2 camp or Rift camp. WoW is old - it will continue to lose subs, but it doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's just that due to numerous factors, it's damn hard for it to bring back new players due to the expectations of younger gamers who were raised on consoles.

    Add to this that "some" of the older gamers are moving on or just burnt out or had enough of one particular mmo, it's going to be a shrinking market. Subscribers will still grow and diminish, but it is definitely on a downward trend.

    Me, personally, I like the "new" feeling of games. I love playing WoW killers on launch (if they're not too buggy) for the first month or two. Everyone's a nubcake and people generally work together and are helpful. Best time I have had in gaming is trying new mmo's. Aion, I confess, was grindy at launch and I nearly slit my wrists in frustration.

    I miss my WoW druid, but I just don't feel like playing it enough to get back into the game - I'm one of the guys who got bored of WoW-type mmo's and then realized I just got bored of WoW. Some of my best times were spent in WoW, however. I think I spent almost 300 days on my druid, so me calling it a bad game would be laughable.

    EDIT: Play what you enjoy and to hell with everyone else.
    Amen good sir
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You're missing out. ToT is really well done. I bit too much of "dusty and grey" but nevertheless fun.
    I'm really curious what they will do in 5.4. It has the potential of being truly epic or being a Dragonsoul copy-paste-fest 2.0....

    Personally I'm waiting for this tiring faction squabbling to come to an and, so a new enemy can threaten us all.
    Yea ive heard good things about it the raid itself isnt the main reason i stopped/didnt come back there is just so much about this game that I dont like anymore that IMHO I feel like only the next xpac is going to bring any significant changes. The sub numbers on the current trend say they need to do something fan fkin tastic with 6.0 and im not totally giving up on blizz until we start getting some info on what they have planned.

    If its "bring youre chinpokumon to work day on the back of a kungfu panda" 2.0 theme then yea im done lol
    If its going to be something dark like Lich King then im sold.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •