Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I use Wednesday/Thursday as great opportunities to read my books while camping
    Sadly, when I do camp, I feel the need to constantly hop and check the group finder for a faster kill, and even so I get bored quickly and just come back later to check again :P I'd grow mad camping the full 1-2 hours on my 7 lvl 100 chars, not to mention the couple lowbies with access to Pandaria.

One efficient solution for me is to check in the morning, but I suspect that's easier for me, since I'm one hour ahead of CE in Romania, while you would be one hour behind in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rarity addon can make the premade finder recheck for results every 5 seconds and play a noise. So I set it to search for "gal" then read a book with my headphones on. It's more targeted realm jumping

I did hear about it and perhaps I should get it, but... I don't miss the days of npcscan and afk-ing waiting for an addon to yell :P

To be honest, I hope they will tone down rare spawns or rework them to be more character oriented and dynamic (think node spawns from archaeology/mining/herbalism and Mage Tower runes). I don't really like camping, no matter the gimmick players end up using to work around it :P

Did something for absolutely no reason on Alpha.

https://i.gyazo.com/743cab4d26278ea5...679c5a1640.jpg

So glad I have it on live else I'd be fuming so hard lol.

I'm back to farming Galleon/Sha/Oondasta again

Why do I do this to myself?

Long time lurker on this thread here.
    I finally reached my goal of 300 mounts, never thought I'd be able to do it before legion.

gyazo.com/304144769e75dac94ccadf33f1f89e7a

(cant post full link)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'm back to farming Galleon/Sha/Oondasta again

Why do I do this to myself?

I ask this question every single week BUT if I don`t do it I get OCD triggers - feeling uneasy, anxious that I`ve missed it.

And the cycle reinforces itself every time I read this thread about someone getting Galleon or other mounts.

I normally get very lucky in the early AM with the MoP world bosses. This week I was able to find Oon and Gall within 10 minutes of each other on two different characters.

Currently only farming these on four characters, it blows my mind how some of you guys do 10+.

I was lucky enough to last second tag Galleon just now, in spite of a rogue doing 435k burst on him. It died about 30 seconds of the group starting up.

Got Reins of the Drake of the South Wind last night!

77th attempt.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

10+ Year Old Account
    I run Galleon 23 times, and Nalak 20 times. I have 13 of those toons parked at Galleon all week though, I only log them once a week to kill those 2 bosses, then drop them at Galleon again for next week.

Not having to do Oon saves a lot of waiting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sestdiena View Post
    EU.

People from French/Spanish/Russian/German/Italian/Portugese realms can join English realms and vice versa.
    When Tanaan cage boss groups pop up, they usually go to full 40/40 within first 20 seconds.

Same with MoP world bosses.
    Damn it, why isn't it like that in US servers? (by US I mean American/Oceanic/Brazilian/Latin American)

Would have made killing those rares much easier. Had to kill all the Draenor rares on my own server (expect for Xemirkol which a friend had invited me to a low pop server).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Damn it, why isn't it like that in US servers? (by US I mean American/Oceanic/Brazilian/Latin American)

Would have made killing those rares much easier. Had to kill all the Draenor rares on my own server (expect for Xemirkol which a friend had invited me to a low pop server).
    It has it`s downsides too - such as having to deal with the Russians and French who cant even string two words together in English.

-

Dear Rukhmar, why you so mean? Every time I make a group someone loots the mount.

;_;

Onyxian Drake dropped after 56 kills soooo pleased not to be having to go to the back of beyond every week now!

Just 2 away from Awake the Drakes now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got out-speed-bidded on the old ZG Raptor.. So salty right now. Same guy who also bought the Sha and Galleon mount not so long ago.
    At least I bought my 100k Chopper and the Guild WoD Glory boar. 318 and counting.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Currently only farming these on four characters, it blows my mind how some of you guys do 10+.
    You need to have a lot of free time to wait for these stupid 2 hours respawn. I used to do rukhmar sha nalak and oondasta on 12 characters and it was taking me 3 days (5-6 hours/day) to farm, and I already had galleon, which already saves a lot of time. I got oondasta a few weeks ago and it now takes me about 3x less time to do it on 16 characters.

Tip for people who RaF a 2nd account (or more !) : you can abuse the summon friend ability to camp with lvl 1 toons. It works well for Nalak because he always spawns at the same place, with a low timer and is constantly killed on every server (lvl 1 means you can't use the lfg to realm hop). Managed to kill him ~40 times with lvl 1s last week by camping on my 2nd account while playing on my main one and switching toon when he spawned

Yeah I only do Galleon/Oon on like 5 toons. I don't have the patience to sit around on my other 19 toons for that shit. They just need to fucking change the spawn timers to match Sha already.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IngoDent View Post
    So, last night when I was doing my usual mount runs (Ragnaros, Al'akir, Deathwing and Yogg-Saron) without any luck, I decided to go to ICC, when this happened: http://imgur.com/XU86YoP

And then, today I decided to do MSV for fun (plus a very small chance at the mount), this was probably my 10th (or fewer still) solo-attempt, and voilá;
    http://imgur.com/fVEEqwC
    How is solo'ing MSV? Do you need very good gear? Got a 670 lock and a ~630 DK atm but god damn I want that elegon mount

Deleted
    DK might be a bit of a struggle for you, warlock might be aswell. Gear them up with a little bit of baleful and it'll be a walk in the park.
    Still at 120 kills on Elegon, shiny mount will never drop

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    How is solo'ing MSV? Do you need very good gear? Got a 670 lock and a ~630 DK atm but god damn I want that elegon mount
    I have a DK around 640 ilvl, The only issue I ever have is with gara'jal but I've still never wiped. Make sure to be using desecrated ground for spirit kings fight so you can easily get out of the arrows too. Having an alt with a lockout on elegon would be much easier than redoing the raid on all your alts though, If you get an elegon save then you can probably do it on any class because he's ridiculously easy. After a certain point, you can even completely ignore the energy charges because the pillars won't spawn, so you can just stand there and nuke him without worrying about anything. I've killed him on a fresh 100 ret with 618 ilvl, even had mostly BoA gear on.