Free at last.

This happened in the last 3 hours of this event when I was ready to call it quits. I was shocked to say the least. Really, words can't describe how much of a relief this is, haha.

2000 timewalking boss kills and I havent seen a single mount drop for anyone. If you get me in your group, I am sorry in advance.

Anyone know if the developers have said anything further about world boss timers? Last I saw Muffinus was talking about making the spawn timer 15 minutes but increasing the rarity even more. Anything further on that?
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Anyone know if the developers have said anything further about world boss timers? Last I saw Muffinus was talking about making the spawn timer 15 minutes but increasing the rarity even more. Anything further on that?
    That sounds like a bunch of BS to me. lol

Why would they make the spawn shorter, when you can only kill it once per toon per week, and make the drop rate lower? lol

Just finished getting other profession mounts, have them all now.

#293 towards the achieve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Why would they make the spawn shorter, when you can only kill it once per toon per week, and make the drop rate lower? lol
    There has been plenty of debate about this topic already both on here and on the official wow forums. To summarise, mount collectors kill Galleon/Oon on numerous alts per week and reducing the spawn timer would greatly improve the quality of life because atm they're killed on spawn which forces them to be camped. Not fun gameplay being AFK for 1-2 days per week. Reducing the spawn timer also has no effect on the drop rate/rarity of the mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    First Mimiron's Head, now Invincible's reins

Quote Originally Posted by Kirameki View Post
    Free at last.

This happened in the last 3 hours of this event when I was ready to call it quits. I was shocked to say the least. Really, words can't describe how much of a relief this is, haha.
    Gratz, i know this feel finally to be free.
    Altough you were insanely lucky with only 1.4k kills.

Lord RNGesus,
    Our father art in coding,
    Please give unto me either Sha and/or Nalak mount,
    My weary brain cannot take much more disappointment.
    Please bless my almost 3000 Sha attempts and 2600 Nalak.

*wipes tears and snotty nose on sleeve*

A-man.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2016-04-19 at 01:11 PM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    No Invincible
    No Attumen hose
    No Onyxia mount
    Neither DS mounts

So yeah I'm just gonna complain here and cross my fingers for the reset tomorrow because that seems to work for a lot of you guys

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Lord RNGesus,
    Our father art in coding,
    Please give unto me either Sha and/or Nalak mount,
    My weary brain cannot take much more disappointment.
    Please bless my almost 3000 Sha attempts and 2600 Nalak.

*wipes tears and snotty nose on sleeve*

A man.
    This is one dedicated man!
    Last edited by Panetale; 2016-04-19 at 10:23 AM.

That sounds like a bunch of BS to me. lol

Why would they make the spawn shorter, when you can only kill it once per toon per week, and make the drop rate lower? lol.
    Because if you're a mount collector, you're almost definitely going to have more than one character. You'll likely have more than 5 really. Camping them is very time consuming and doesn't lead to a higher drop rate just because the boss spawns more often. It would basically be a quality of life change for a number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    There has been plenty of debate about this topic already both on here and on the official wow forums. To summarise, mount collectors kill Galleon/Oon on numerous alts per week and reducing the spawn timer would greatly improve the quality of life because atm they're killed on spawn which forces them to be camped. Not fun gameplay being AFK for 1-2 days per week. Reducing the spawn timer also has no effect on the drop rate/rarity of the mounts.
    Yea, it's not like these are rares you can keep killing once they spawn. Once you kill it for the week, you don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Because if you're a mount collector, you're almost definitely going to have more than one character. You'll likely have more than 5 really. Camping them is very time consuming and doesn't lead to a higher drop rate just because the boss spawns more often. It would basically be a quality of life change for a number of people.

That's why I said that sounds like BS, "We will make the spawn timer 15 minutes but we're going to decrease the drop chance!" lol

There's no need for the 2 plus hours between spawns for world bosses, it's not like you can keep killing it over for a chance at the mount.

Make it 15 minutes, no idea why Galleon and Oondasta aren't.
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2016-04-19 at 12:34 PM.

Another 0/18 on Lifebinder's and Invincible last week.... but hope springs eternal..... Grats to those who got drops

Deleted
    Woohoo. Riding Turtle after 112 Minnows Funny is, did the first 111 on my laptop. Manually put in data on my desktop and started fishing while watching Netflix. Saw fishing rod had expired so thought I'd use one minnow to get fishing rood (hopefully. I usually stack minnows to 5 too).
    Autolooted without thinking about it, and heard Rarity sound So didn't get a screenshot of it on mob corpse but.. eh, I won't complain

332 mounts! 302 according to statistics (druid)

.. Now to fish lunkers..

Edit: Welp. I have a lot of grinding to do, only 6430/8400 Stranger with Nat, and heavily doubt the rep I'll get for turn ins for 95 coins will be even close to enough.
    Last edited by mmocdd5aa2def9; 2016-04-19 at 05:47 PM.

Welp I'm back to camping Galleon/Sha/Oon on 15 characters every week.

Why do I do this to myself?

Just added my most-wanted mount in the game to my collection, after 86 attempts

I never have to set foot in that accursed place again!

#207, with only a handful pre-SoO raid mounts left: Handmaiden, Mimiron, and the two ToT ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Welp I'm back to camping Galleon/Sha/Oon on 15 characters every week.

Why do I do this to myself?
    Haha, your avatar fits that sentiment so perfectly! ^^

That's why I said that sounds like BS, "We will make the spawn timer 15 minutes but we're going to decrease the drop chance!" lol

There's no need for the 2 plus hours between spawns for world bosses, it's not like you can keep killing it over for a chance at the mount.

Make it 15 minutes, no idea why Galleon and Oondasta aren't.
    Sorry, misunderstood you. That's exactly what one of them was proposing about a month ago though. =/

went to firelands today on a fresh druid for some fire kitty seeds and alysrazer was kind enough to drop her mount

Tip: Don't kill world bosses while eating breakfast after showering. You will need to both have another shower and make more breakfast. This was close to 800 attempts. Which is pretty bloody good, I wasn't expecting to see if until after Legion.

Last edited by Farath; 2016-04-19 at 10:11 PM.