Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    All the people farming invasions... I don't have the patience to do the stupid apex blue bar areas in order to kick start the invasion, tell me your secrets : P
    Surprisingly earned 2 mounts this week, 1 nagrand mount rare and the blue drake from Maly.
    Botani is probably the easiest to farm. Just have to kill Acanthus 5 times over, he gives you 20% each time. If you have the bodyguard that ports you back to your garrison, that will save you from using your hearth. Also, if you've done the garrison campaign, you'll have the mole machine out front to port to Gorgrond. If not, just take the portal to Tanaan and fly from there. All up, it takes me about 10-15 minutes to farm each invasion.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Botani is probably the easiest to farm. Just have to kill Acanthus 5 times over, he gives you 20% each time. If you have the bodyguard that ports you back to your garrison, that will save you from using your hearth. Also, if you've done the garrison campaign, you'll have the mole machine out front to port to Gorgrond. If not, just take the portal to Tanaan and fly from there. All up, it takes me about 10-15 minutes to farm each invasion.
    If you go to the place in spires where you transform into the monsters you'll fill missive in under 2mins once you're transformed. I found this the easiest way to get my invasions done.

Deleted
    i farm the iron horde invasion with the pit daily. all of my toons have the stables and dont need to dismount to collect the ammo or the books. i tried with the botani invasion, but i had to farm with 4/6 chars another invasion because the spawnrate was terrible -.- so i stick to the iron horde.

i did all of my invasions yesterday and wanted to punch something...again, no pigmound (hate you!!!) but 2 garn mounts...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the spirit lodge with teleport to Gorgrond, takes you right into the Everbloom Wilds. Realm hop for 3x kills of the 3 rare guys that drop the toy (30% each), then do 10 birds with rocks (can do while flying, as a druid at least).

If you do it when it's the daily and a missive to double up, you only need to repeat it once more (3 ish apexis zones to trigger an invasion).

That or Magnarok, I prefer doing the ones that I can just collect objectives in flight form and no combat.

World bosses are definitely the most brutal grinds in the game. Some people might think I am crazy but I am throwing 380 lowbies at Nalak every week over 8 accounts and have 32 chances on my main toons, so well over 400 per week. I am at over 2.6k chances now and nothing.

...maybe next week? lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    World bosses are definitely the most brutal grinds in the game. Some people might think I am crazy but I am throwing 380 lowbies at Nalak every week over 8 accounts and have 32 chances on my main toons, so well over 400 per week. I am at over 2.6k chances now and nothing.

...maybe next week? lol
    What you can get done in about 2-3 weeks is what I've managed to do over about 3 years. I can imagine that doing like 400 attempts per week is unbelievably time consuming (I wish I had the energy and time to do it tbh). Probability-wise, with the amount of attempts per week, you're likely to get the world boss mounts in around 2 months of grinding like that. I'd call that a saviour rather than brutal, when comparing the long term investment the majority of world boss farmers are putting in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    What you can get done in about 2-3 weeks is what I've managed to do over about 3 years. I can imagine that doing like 400 attempts per week is unbelievably time consuming (I wish I had the energy and time to do it tbh). Probability-wise, with the amount of attempts per week, you're likely to get the world boss mounts in around 2 months of grinding like that. I'd call that a saviour rather than brutal, when comparing the long term investment the majority of world boss farmers are putting in.
    If you have a computer good enough to have 8 WoWs running at the same time, it is not that time consuming actually. I'm doing it on 60 lowbies across 2 accounts, all you have to do is connect every 15 minutes after you kill it and then go back to work/hearthstone/whatever you want to do. You still need to be near your computer, but it is doable in one or 2 days without having to be 100% here like oondasta.
    Still 400 tries/week is pretty insane dedication though, I feel like a casual with my 60 lowbies now

7+ Year Old Account
    My computer is pretty old and would only be able to run a maximum of 3 WoWs at the same time, so I wouldn't be able to get to any crazy number of accounts to grind it. I have a 2nd account with a small army of lowbies, but I'm focusing on Galleon atm, which means there's a lot of forced camping and AFK downtime. I want to try and get that before Legion since we don't know if they'll reduce his spawn timer or not and I'd rather avoid that potential downtime when new content is available. After that's done, I'll go crazy on the lowbies on Nalak and Rukhmar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post

...maybe next week? lol
    I admire you for having so many characters and accounts just for world bosses farm. I have only 9 chars for sha, 7 for Rukhmar, 5 for Elegon and 3 for Oondasta and even that is frustrating for me to repeat every week.

7+ Year Old Account
    No screenshot, But finally decided to go for my last raf mount! Which puts me at 340!!
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all, my first post in this thread having installed Rarity in early April so that I could track attempts and get screenshots of rare drops!

After installing Rarity I decided to finish the Skyshard grind, seeing as I already had 4 Skyshards sitting in the bank from a couple years back!
    Skyshard #5 took 1109 attempts
    Skyshard #6 took 99 attempts
    Skyshard #7 took 466 attempts
    Skyshard #8 took 4108 attempts
    Skyshard #9 took 364 attempts
    Skyshard #10 took 904 attempts
    Total of 7050 attempts spread over several days using 4 toons, but very happy to have finally added Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent to my collection!

On 29 ‎April ‎2016 I finally got this one after 266 attempts:

Currently on 256 mounts, couple days away from getting the Argent Charger which is the final mount I need from the Argent Tournament.
    Last edited by Grizzly UK; 2016-05-31 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Yes absolutely! I more mean that unless you go to extreme measures like I am then it's brutal, if I was just grinding them on my 16 toons like I had been before I dread to think how many years it'd be with average to bad luck to get them!

It is time consuming but not too bad, I have 4 wows open at once on the lowest settings and my main account open, so I can do some non intensive farming on the main (at the moment I am Lunarfall carp fishing) and log into the lowbies every 15 minutes to get the tags in. It takes around 3-4 days to do. If I had a better computer and could log in all eight it would cut it down to 1-2 days.

People are not very friendly though which makes me a sad panda, I often get /rude emotes and insults, people trying to drag Nalak over to kill me before I get the tags in, people saying they are reporting me etc (pretty sure that isn't against the rules to tag a mob on a low level as long as there is no exploiting to get there and i've not heard anything negative from blizz yet after 6 weeks of doing it)

I will update this thread if it ever drops

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only 9-12 characters doing Nalak each week. I guess I might see the mount in 12 years if it truly is that rare. That is stupid imo.

Also just got the Fire Hawk from Ragnoros yesterday! Only took 33 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Going to try this, not least because Botani is IMO the easiest invasion by far. But I'm confused why you need to port back at all - can't you build up an invasion trigger even without ever seeing a blue bar?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Going to try this, not least because Botani is IMO the easiest invasion by far. But I'm confused why you need to port back at all - can't you build up an invasion trigger even without ever seeing a blue bar?
    Completing and handing in a Missive/daily gives you a ton of credit towards an invasion trigger. Yes, you could just build up an invasion trigger just by grinding mobs without ever porting back or using a missive/daily but that'd be an unnecessary waste of time simply because the missives/daily are so lucrative.

Completing and handing in a Missive/daily gives you a ton of credit towards an invasion trigger. Yes, you could just build up an invasion trigger just by grinding mobs without ever porting back or using a missive/daily but that'd be an unnecessary waste of time simply because the missives/daily are so lucrative.
    Got it. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of, I just got another invasion mount 3/4 done, only need the Garn now. Got another 4 attempts this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    3rd Mount of the Year! Brings the Tally to 343.

My First World Boss Mount!!! I expected any of the others first, it was the one I had killed the least (except for Rukhmar). Almost 800 Nalak Kills, 1050ish Galleon and 1450ish Sha Kills, whereas only 379 Rukhmar Kills.

Sorry for the shitty resolution, camping world bosses on my crappy work PC >.>

Last edited by Getafx; 2016-06-01 at 02:51 AM.

Gg, out of all the mounts I like seeing the MoP world mounts the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    All the people farming invasions... I don't have the patience to do the stupid apex blue bar areas in order to kick start the invasion, tell me your secrets : P
    Surprisingly earned 2 mounts this week, 1 nagrand mount rare and the blue drake from Maly.
    The easiest way to farm invasion is not to farm them! Just check premade groups and use filters such as 'Invasion' or 'Garrison' and you should find groups for invasions and garrison bosses for all your characters every week.