Here's my story. I've camped for poundfist more than 200+ hours total. The one time were I actually had him, the horde nuked him and screwed their own raid out of poundfist. I did manage to get a cyclone and moonfire but never was credit for the kill. Not too long ago, I camped at 8am till 11am and had to disband on steamwheedle because blizzard was putting out a hotfix that made the servers go read. We thought it would reset poundfist. Fortunately, it didn't. I went to a PVP server and horde kept ganking so I quit that raid and gave up. Wife comes home with food. I sat down eating my hotdogs, cheese fries and chili watching a good movie. About 30 mins later I got back on my computer, grabbed me E Cig and started looking for a group. Who walks by in the corner of my screen? POUNDFIST!!! The dude was walking around while I was eating. I sat AFK at SouthEast side on Hyjal server. I began to attack him barely did any damage. His attacks nearly killed me. I remembered, I was naked. Two horde showed up and we ended up killing him.

The moral of the story is. Never quit! You never know when you'll get poundfist. Sometimes you have to try a lot less harder in order to get what you want. #poundfist was one of them.

Hyjal 7:55pm EST Dec 18 2014 CONFIRMED
    Last edited by ankido; 2014-12-20 at 11:14 PM.

Maybe not a rare mount, but a feat nonetheless.
    After obtaining the sunhide Gronnling tonight, i decided to finish off and grind the last bit to Sha'tari defence exalted. Resulting in me achieving Mountacular.
    One of my goals achieved pretty early in the expansion, and only 2 more WoD rares to go. Mister hippo and elekk better watch their back.
    http://imgur.com/a/4hOKl.

PS: I made 2 of the pictures with my phone because i was sharing them with someone I was talking with on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    Maybe not a rare mount, but a feat nonetheless.
    After obtaining the sunhide Gronnling tonight, i decided to finish off and grind the last bit to Sha'tari defence exalted. Resulting in me achieving Mountacular.
    One of my goals achieved pretty early in the expansion, and only 2 more WoD rares to go. Mister hippo and elekk better watch their back.
    http://imgur.com/a/4hOKl.

PS: I made 2 of the pictures with my phone because i was sharing them with someone I was talking with on Facebook.
    Anytime you need to camp for hours and days for a mount is considered a rare mount. He's not only rare but worldwide attention. He's made thousands if not millions camp him for days on end. That to me is a precious rare mount with a ridiculous spawn timer. Takes a lot of time and effort to achieve this.

Yeah, the only mount I will switch out for mr. fist is either Mim's head when I get it (fav mount), or Invincible.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ankido View Post
    Anytime you need to camp for hours and days for a mount is considered a rare mount. He's not only rare but worldwide attention. He's made thousands if not millions camp him for days on end. That to me is a precious rare mount with a ridiculous spawn timer. Takes a lot of time and effort to achieve this.
    Yeah but a lot of people have it, lets say snowy gryphon was a 0.000000001% drop chance from Hogger, and everyone somehow got it very soon, is it rare?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Maybe, but even on my semi dead realm I see it all the time. The focus of my post was most on achieving the green firehawk

Problem there is with all the people camping for him, many are getting him. Give it a couple more months and you will be seeing people trying to find groups just to kill him AFTER he has spawned. He will sit up alive on lower pop servers for hours or days pretty soon. As it is now I can't go anywhere without seeing this mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Problem there is with all the people camping for him, many are getting him. Give it a couple more months and you will be seeing people trying to find groups just to kill him AFTER he has spawned. He will sit up alive on lower pop servers for hours or days pretty soon. As it is now I can't go anywhere without seeing this mount.
    You know that you can solo/duo kill Poundfist, right?

In a couple of months I think it'll be harder to get this mount because there will be so many sneaky kills...
    You'll be camping for 20+ hours when it was already killed and no one advertised about it.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    say what you want, but its rare for ME, aint nobody gonna rain on my parade!

- - - Updated - - -

not super rare still but hey, its not a guaranteed drop, and its the last of the three i needed, so woo!

Was leveling my warrior, when some guy started spamming about Nakk being up, and surprisingly it wasnt a troll lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

So I finally hit the 250 mark today after finally getting the last 2 rare spawn mounts. Didn't get any screenies of Gorok or Luk'hok as I came upon them by chance lol

http://imgur.com/6ejkMhO
    http://imgur.com/drtN69g
    http://imgur.com/eAn3A04

This is the mount that got me my 250 mark
    http://imgur.com/fgvUv1V

Even though this one didn't get me the 250 ach, it certainly was painful waiting for it and I'm so glad I never have to look for this 1 ever again. Especially after losing him 3 times!

Now its on to getting all the stable mounts and keeping my fingers crossed for invincible soon! Ide give all 251 mounts for him =(

Deleted
    In a rather unbelievable (for me) streak of luck I have managed to nab these mounts over the past few days. (Sorry I cannot post pics)

Reins of the Jade Primordial Direhorn - First Attempt
    Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake - First Attempt
    Reins of the Drake of the North Wind - 3rd Attempt
    Reins of the Grey Riding Camel (Camel Horder) - First statue
    Swift Zulian Panther - 11th Attempt

Also got the Core Hound Mount, Red Primal Raptor and finished up an achievement to get the Red Proto.
    Last edited by mmoc8a90d5ed6f; 2014-12-23 at 01:36 PM.

Managed to get Flametalon of Alysrazor on my alt wich was the third kill ever on it.
    I've got 31 kills on my main on her tho.
    Sadly I'm not able to link pictures yet.

As I too am unposty enough to post links...

Back before my long break around the time that ToT second wing opened to LFR, I was running VoA and Onyxia weekly on 2/3 characters. It wasn't until several weeks of this that I discovered Rarity.

This weekend past I decided to revisit that in between dungeon queues.
    9x Onyxia runs nothing
    4x VoA 4xBosses = nothing
    5th VoA first boss 25 difficulty = MAMMOTH

Rarity reported 44 attempts. I know it was a lot more than that.

Finally got it! 211/250

No need to go to Dragon Soul at all anymore!

...Besides the thousand of gold :P

This thread makes me jealous

I had a good Christmas Eve from Blizz: http://tygry.deviantart.com/art/A-Ch...lizz-502436280

What's funny was that I had made a comment in another forum earlier today that while I had strings of luck with mount drops in the past, I'd never had two raid drops in the same day. I'd had a day apart in my first Ashes and Onyxian Drake drops and one very lucky week in regular 5-mans: http://tygry.deviantart.com/art/RNGe...s-me-472314972

I won't link everything. I suppose people can armory-stalk if they're really curious but let's just say it would be quicker to list the rare drops that I don't have at this point:/

Finally got the Azure Drake to drop:

Grats bud : )

Finally got Onyxia, after almost 4 years of soloing on multiple chars and two accounts.. I finally got it. Nice xmas present.

Before this(I lost my screenshots) I got TLPD after like 5-6 months camping, after that I had a huge string of luck and got Aeonyx, Fiery Warhorse, Raven Lord and the Swift White Hawkstrider in 3 days.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2014-12-25 at 10:58 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno