Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Don't know how accurate it is (think I might look into some ghost rider comics this weekend) but according to marvel wiki Reyes is not possessed by the spirit of vengeance. He's possessed by a satanic serial killer.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Roberto_Reyes_(Earth-616)
    Yes, I've talked about it several times in this thread. I'm not sure if you read that article through properly;
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wiki
    The Ghost Rider appears as Robbie's reflection, and Robbie asks the Rider what it is, to which it responds; "The real question is...what are we?". The demon reveals itself to be a spirit named "Eli", and offers Robbie a chance to seek vengeance towards those who have done wrong. After some brief thought, Robbie accepts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wiki
    The spirit was later revealed to be the spirit of his estranged uncle Elias Morrow.
    So, the satanic serial killer spirit inside the comic version of the Robbie GR is Elias Morrow, Robbie's uncle. However, that, as we know, is certainly not the case in the MCU. So, again, we have no idea what's powering Robbie in the show.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-11-04 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    snip
    I've been thinking about it, and I feel like Reyes will be dead at the end of the storyline - since that was his original fate before "the devil" intervened. Makes things easier for SHIELD to clean up. We'll probably get a fleeting glance of someone on a motorcycle departing.
    (I've been using "spirit of vengeance" as shorthand for what's inside of him; honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they never directly address it.)
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    I disagree that Thor, or any Asgardian for that matter, in the Marvel multiverse are gods, irrelevant of who worships who.

To me, the requirement to be a god is that it be:

1) immortal & eternal - you cannot kill a God, ever; in Greek myths, the Titans (a specific set of gods) are just imprisoned, and even in Norse mythology after gods "die" in Ragnarok their essence lingers and they are reborn;

2) unbound by the rules of physics & magic - gods don't only wield magic - they wield the divine; let's say the Greek gods were real: they don't follow the laws of our universe, and as such are gods;

3) their origin is either from another god or from a mystical beginning, such as, let's say, Ra being born from a primordial egg or Gaia coming into being from the Chaos.

Yes, I have put some thought into this
    Hmm...

When J. Michael Straczynski brought back Thor from the dead, literally, (All of Asgard died through the cycle of Ragnarok, and stayed dead long enough to break the cycle) he wanted to put the god back in the God of Thunder. And he satisfied all points you brought up. Those were the issues where Thor warns the US govt through Iron Man (after a humiliating beating by two-shotting him) away from Asgard but telling him that he'll have the entire country going through Noah's greatest hit and surpassing it if they ever trespass. ("Do not let them forget what a God of Thunder is, and what that means.") After which, he summons the ghost of Steve Rogers (he was dead at that time) asking him if he wants to be avenged.

None of which Storm could ever do.

Of course, how the writers are dealing with him now...is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmm...

When J. Michael Straczynski brought back Thor from the dead, literally, (All of Asgard died through the cycle of Ragnarok, and stayed dead long enough to break the cycle) he wanted to put the god back in the God of Thunder. And he satisfied all points you brought up. Those were the issues where Thor warns the US govt through Iron Man (after a humiliating beating by two-shotting him) away from Asgard but telling him that he'll have the entire country going through Noah's greatest hit and surpassing it if they ever trespass. ("Do not let them forget what a God of Thunder is, and what that means.") After which, he summons the ghost of Steve Rogers (he was dead at that time) asking him if he wants to be avenged.

None of which Storm could ever do.

Of course, how the writers are dealing with him now...is just embarrassing.
    I agree some writers will write him as a proper god, but I confess I have little knowledge of actual events in the comics.

Are Asgardians probably naturally or artificially evolved from previous lifeforms? If so, they are not gods. If not... Well I may begin to question my position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    I agree some writers will write him as a proper god, but I confess I have little knowledge of actual events in the comics.

Are Asgardians probably naturally or artificially evolved from previous lifeforms? If so, they are not gods. If not... Well I may begin to question my position.
    This is a pretty wildly arbitrary definition to use, and you don't really have any basis to justify it. Especially since most of those pantheons in myth were created through pretty normal baby-making between gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is a pretty wildly arbitrary definition to use, and you don't really have any basis to justify it. Especially since most of those pantheons in myth were created through pretty normal baby-making between gods.
    Well, any and all definitions are arbitrary actually. This is the one I'm sticking to though.

It depends on the writing.
    Originally, Thor's origins were never questioned since he was already known via myth.

Later, it was "discovered" that Asgard was founded by Odin for the purpose of defending the nine worlds from the Celestial Host when they would come to judge Earth in particular. (He absorbed the life essence of all asgardians, except Thor, and was 2,000ft tall, wearing the Destroyer armor and wielding the dread Odin-sword.)

Later, it seems time-lines were getting afu because of writers doing all kinds of shit.

Here, he taps into his mother's abilities over the Earth and creates a chasm.

I find this argument somewhat confusing. Asgardians while colloquially refered to as gods sometimes, are by no means actually gods in the formal sense. I don't think the MCU is trying to sell Thor as a god in a literal sense. Nor are the Asgardians bound by all the physical laws of Earth, but they are very much bound by some of the physical laws of Earth. Clearly magic is a thing Asgardians can do, and that magic can't be explained scientifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    On a side note, I still can't believe they are doing the whole lets take huge stretches of time off still. The show is taking three weeks off effectively the entire month of November, and then what coming back for two more weeks before taking three months off or some such nonsense. No wonder this show still can't get an audience beyond its core watchers it seems like they are always on break.
    This has been gone over several times. There are 34-35 weeks between late September (the traditional start of the network "season") and the end of May (to make sure that the May sweep is covered). Modern American TV shows only have 22-24 episodes per season. So there's 10-13 weeks during a given year that there won't be a new episode. The network aims to cover November, February, and May sweeps, plus there are pre-emptions for things like elections, so they can't just schedule all of their 'missing episode' time into one huge block over the holidays. So they spread out the gaps. Just like shows like CSI, Friends, M*A*S*H*, and X-Files did.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Back to Ghost Rider

My guess is that after he kills Uncle Eli, the Spirit of Vengeance leaves Robbie Reyes
    Unlikely because of the launch of a new Ghost Rider comic book, he won't be on the show, but he won't lose his abilities. This may have basically been a 6 hour commercial for Marvel's newest comic book.
    http://www.blastr.com/2016-11-3/robb...host-rider-run

I think no matter what it boils down to "aliens with superior technology". Sure, you could imagine humanity 1,000 years from now and how they could easily appear godlike to us. You could imagine another 10,000 years beyond that. If you keep going, there has to come a point where our imagination and collective sci-fi/fantasy work (books, shows, movies) is incapable of letting us even pretend to understand the tech.

Cavemen painting a wall with their best account of seeing a flying saucer? We wouldn't even be able to do that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    This has been gone over several times. There are 34-35 weeks between late September (the traditional start of the network "season") and the end of May (to make sure that the May sweep is covered). Modern American TV shows only have 22-24 episodes per season. So there's 10-13 weeks during a given year that there won't be a new episode. The network aims to cover November, February, and May sweeps, plus there are pre-emptions for things like elections, so they can't just schedule all of their 'missing episode' time into one huge block over the holidays. So they spread out the gaps. Just like shows like CSI, Friends, M*A*S*H*, and X-Files did.
    I get that part, however, AOS feels like they do the worst job of it. I don't feel like to doing the homework to see how their breaks stack up to other shows, however, it feels like while every other show is starting their breaks between late Nov/early Dec and coming back late Jan to early Feb AOS takes off early/mid Nov and goes until mid March. AoS does not take a week off they take three more weeks at a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I think no matter what it boils down to "aliens with superior technology". Sure, you could imagine humanity 1,000 years from now and how they could easily appear godlike to us. You could imagine another 10,000 years beyond that. If you keep going, there has to come a point where our imagination and collective sci-fi/fantasy work (books, shows, movies) is incapable of letting us even pretend to understand the tech.

Cavemen painting a wall with their best account of seeing a flying saucer? We wouldn't even be able to do that much.
    The "Power Cosmic" might be a more appropriate example.
    According to Thanos when he was asked by Annihilus;
    "You asked for the biological application of cosmic power, but biology presumes flesh. There are cosmic entities that are not of biology, beings of inert matter or pure energy. Once imbued with cosmic energy, form adapts to function. Biology is the least of it. Life Force on the other hand, there we find the answers we seek. We were blinded by own arrogance - we are of biology so therefore cosmic energy must be of biology as well, but this is not so.
    Call it what you will; aura, energy field, luminescence, call it a soul if it suits you. Cosmic energy is of life force, the singular energy that powers all life, biological or otherwise.
    It replaces the aura, the power cosmic is an energy parasite, for lack of a better term. Once imbued with cosmic energy the individual form adapts to accommodate it's function. This explains why no two wielders of the power cosmic resemble one another except in the most superficial ways.
    Galactus doesn't absorb cosmic energy into his form, he absorbs it into his life force, his aura. The aura feeds the biology, but the biology has nothing to do with controlling or storing the power cosmic."

Only a particular herald of Galactus has been seen doing things similar to what the "God of Thunder" has done.

No episode this week? Heh...

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    No episode this week? Heh...
    They said no new episode until the 29th, at the end of the last episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They said no new episode until the 29th, at the end of the last episode.
    ...They need to stop doing this shit. No wonder people fall off these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I still say we adapt the Japan TV policy (well not policy, but trend is a better word?) where they air a new episode every week unless something drastic comes up :P Though that'd require studios to give us about ~49 episodes a season (which won't ever happen), but one can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Well, it was unfortunately overshadowed by ya know..the presidential election which is slightly more important to most people.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Well, it was unfortunately overshadowed by ya know..the presidential election which is slightly more important to most people.
    Except, it doesn't have to take up the entire night. Everything they tell you in what the 4+ hour program can all be done in a hour. Instead of going "oh it's this way now, it's that way", etc

Well, I have mixed feelings. I get depressed after watching a MCU Netflix series in two days ... cause there's nothing left ... and AoS is dragging it on.