Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    I don't want to look at the Agent Carter for spoilers reasons, as I'm yet to have watched it. How has it been?
    I've thoroughly enjoyed it personally. I feel obligated to mention that it's very much about a woman trying to work in a field that is male-dominated at a time where gender roles were much more rigidly enforced by society as a whole. That's not a bad thing (and honestly it does it very well, a character can be both chauvinistic and good at their job and even capable of heroism), but I've noticed that it's not everyone's cup of tea around here.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to look at the Agent Carter for spoilers reasons, as I'm yet to have watched it. How has it been?
    Not bad. It's basically Mad Men if when she wasn't a secretary Allison was a spy.

I hope they don't go down the tired "Oh no, I have powers now, I have to brood about them and be upset that I'm a fucking SUPERHERO" route. It's been done too many times. Have her get powers, freak the fuck out, find people to train her and become awesome .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I've thoroughly enjoyed it personally. I feel obligated to mention that it's very much about a woman trying to work in a field that is male-dominated at a time where gender roles were much more rigidly enforced by society as a whole. That's not a bad thing (and honestly it does it very well, a character can be both chauvinistic and good at their job and even capable of heroism), but I've noticed that it's not everyone's cup of tea around here.
    I don't mind that, unless they lay it on a little too thick. Thanks for the info.

I don't mind that, unless they lay it on a little too thick. Thanks for the info.
    Depends on your tolerance level really. Lots of folks find it overbearing, lots of folks find it character building/ background.

The first 4 episodes were slow and bland, building a foundation for an eventual story. Ep 5&6 were the good action adventure campaign I was looking for. 7 was okay, and hopefully 8 caps the series off nicely.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

I hope they don't go down the tired "Oh no, I have powers now, I have to brood about them and be upset that I'm a fucking SUPERHERO" route. It's been done too many times. Have her get powers, freak the fuck out, find people to train her and become awesome .
    Agreed. I'd say she needs to get the handle on her powers and fully embrace them by the end of the season at the very latest. Given her initial inability to control her powers and the hazard they are to her friends, it's expected for her to be freaked out in the beginning.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Agreed. I'd say she needs to get the handle on her powers and fully embrace them by the end of the season at the very latest. Given her initial inability to control her powers and the hazard they are to her friends, it's expected for her to be freaked out in the beginning.
    Oh for sure. I'm expecting a couple of fairly hilarious, but strangely intense episodes of her accidently ruining shit with her shake powers. As you said though by the end of the season at the LATEST she needs to be a fully formed Quake Inhuman, like a boss.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woops.

wrong thread

I am sure love will be the key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I am sure love will be the key.
    LoL I fuckin hope not... That would be borderline "Stop Watching" bad.

Deleted
    I don't watch SHIELD, but now that Skye's an Inhuman what do you think the chances are she'll turn up in the film? I'd quite like to see her in Infinity War P1, as part of the new team.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I don't watch SHIELD, but now that Skye's an Inhuman what do you think the chances are she'll turn up in the film? I'd quite like to see her in Infinity War P1, as part of the new team.
    The movie will likely focus on the Royal Family. Skye may or may not have a small role but I doubt anything major.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    The movie will likely focus on the Royal Family. Skye may or may not have a small role but I doubt anything major.
    I didn't mean in Inhumans actually. I meant in the Infinity War films. Obviously there are two groups of Inhumans, the Royal Family and those interspersed in human society. I think Skye would be a good addition to the team in IWP1. It gives the show a lot of importance without being entirely necessary to watch in order to understand her backstory. And it scores some diversity points as well as a side bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as we know... They've have confirmed that there will be AoS peeps in Age of Ultron, so I don't see why they wouldn't in IW as well. Especially considering that film isn't coming out for a few years, so by the time Skye will (or at least, should) be a super badass and they're going to need all the help they can get against Thanos.

Deleted
    Also what are the odds, really, that AoS is still going by 2018? SHIELD has picked up in quality from what I hear, but it's ratings are still not amazing (though they are more stable than in S1). Supposing AoS is cancelled, making Skye a fully fledged Avengers member would be a good way for the show to continue it's legacy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no telling what the status of AoS will even be by that time, we're talking 2019 here after all. For all we know it'll be canned by then and the actress will be busy with other things.

As far as we know... They've have confirmed that there will be AoS peeps in Age of Ultron, so I don't see why they wouldn't in IW as well. Especially considering that film isn't coming out for a few years, so by the time Skye will (or at least, should) be a super badass and they're going to need all the help they can get against Thanos.
    I haven't heard anything solid on characters crossing over between the show and the movie in Age of Ultron. I know Trippet's actor was spotted on set for AoU, but the mid-season finale made an actual appearance by him in the movie...unlikely. At this point given how packed Age of Ultron is going to be with characters, I wouldn't expect any of the AoS people to have anything beyond a very brief cameo. There is some possibility for the other way around happening, I know Hawkeye in particular has been brought up but nothing confirmed. The only movie character I know for a fact is going to be guest-starring in Season 2 is Sif, but that's not going to be a movie crossover episode.

Going forward into Infinity War, I think Marvel is going to try to include absolutely everyone whose characters are still alive, and whose actor's are available. It might only be for a brief cameo, but they'll be there. I could see a situation where Thanos launched a broad invasion of Earth and we see a montage of people fighting his goons all across the world. Skye could have a bigger role then that, but a lot of it depends on complexities that we don't know about at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Also what are the odds, really, that AoS is still going by 2018?
    That's the thing... It doesn't NEED excellent ratings, it just needs to not LOSE them money for it to be worth them continuing. They can use it to seed so much cool shit and as an anchor between the different movie franchise.

That's the thing... It doesn't NEED excellent ratings, it just needs to not LOSE them money for it to be worth them continuing. They can use it to seed so much cool shit and as an anchor between the different movie franchise.
    That assumes the network values anchoring the movie franchises more than they value a higher-rating, more profitable show in the same time slot.

season 3 of shield will air around the time civil war comes out yeah?

im guessing like the spider-man movie it will play into that, i think the captain america movies will end up having the biggest impacts on the shield series simply because its the most down to earth movies.

theyre going for a young, probably actual teenager spidey that they can use a long time (also ergo most likely cheap, which outside of cumberbutts all the casting choices have been in the cheapish range) could we see spider-man showing up next season?

their ratings have dipped a little lately, having spider-man come on for a little bit would boost it quite alot especially if it ties into civil war. and i feel like spider-man out of all the heroes have the greatest tv potiental, and alot of spideys villains could be done with shields lower tv budget.

they could do a lesser spidey villain like scorpion or something

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    That's a good idea. As Spiderman will probably be an unknown or near unknown at this point, he'll be cheap enough at the time of Civil War to appear on TV. And also, they're not too keen on any part of the show being required watching to understand the movies properly, but with Spiderman we've got an origin story that everyone is already quite familiar with. So you can delve into that on SHIELD while the movie goers will still get the gist of his story without watching.