Help with first PC Build

Hey guys I'm working towards my first gaming pc build and wanted to know if my current build has any issues with it. Cant post links so here's just a list of all my components.

**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor]
    **Motherboard** | MSI Z77A-G43 Gaming LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    **Memory** | [Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory]
    **Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive]
    **Video Card** | [Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card]
    **Case** | Sentey Eagle Plus Extreme Division Tower Case - 2 x 120mm Blue LED Fan Cooler / HD Audio / 1 x USB 3.0
    **Power Supply** | [Rosewill Stallion 450W ATX12V Power Supply]
    **Optical Drive** | [LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer]
    **Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)]

I don't see any issues but what I would do is get another 8GB ram stick or use 2 of the 4GB ones instead of just 1x 8GB and maybe put a little more money into a bigger psu like a 650w one with a good rating and maybe think about getting an SSD as your main drive. And this one is just my personal opinion but I would with a Nvidia video card. Otherwise build is looking pretty good.

Deleted
    A good 550W PSU would be better.

The 7870 is a nice card, a 660ti might be more worth you're money though.

I'd get the k version of that CPU and use msi's own overclocking tools to attain a modest OC. It's a 5 minute process, holds your hand through the process and youll see good results with WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your budget, exactly? The build could be tweaked a little in a few places.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Would certainly get an unlocked processor "k", also would be getting a 7870 xt rather than a ghz, would change up that psu as well (its note bad but would be cutting it fairly fine and i'm note a huge fan of multi rail psu's), would also certainly look at either 2 x 4gb sticks or 2 x 8gb sticks of ram to make use of dual channel. Also after market cooler (hyper 212 does well for the cost, using one i've got 4.4ghz stable).

If you could post a budget and location (if usa do you have a micro centre nearby?) and we can tweak it for you. Also if your not in a huge rush haswell is expected to drop june 3rd (so i've heard) so might be worth the wait.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slasher0161 View Post
    Would certainly get an unlocked processor "k", also would be getting a 7870 xt rather than a ghz, would change up that psu as well (its note bad but would be cutting it fairly fine and i'm note a huge fan of multi rail psu's), would also certainly look at either 2 x 4gb sticks or 2 x 8gb sticks of ram to make use of dual channel. Also after market cooler (hyper 212 does well for the cost, using one i've got 4.4ghz stable).

If you could post a budget and location (if usa do you have a micro centre nearby?) and we can tweak it for you. Also if your not in a huge rush haswell is expected to drop june 3rd (so i've heard) so might be worth the wait.
    You need to be careful there, as some of the "GHZ Edition" labelled 7870s are actually using the Tahiti LE chipset, like the 7870XTs.

Here's a list of changes I would propose:

1) get an unlocked processor for overclocking, and buy a cooler;
    2) Change the memory for a dual channel kit - you'll probably see marginal increases;
    3) upgrade to a 7870 XT graphics card, as it generally has the best price/performance point;
    4) Change the PSU for something like the XFX Core modular ones (I'd recommend the 550W version, is possible.)
    5) Get a Caviar Black over the Blue if it's going to be your OS drive.