Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Who pays: HAHAHAHAHA! Fucking called it. Delicious. It's pretty obvious when you look at the design of the cash shop that it's almost exclusively funded by subscribers at this point. I don't really think they're going to do much for F2P players since their model has fucked them from the start. We're just going to see a game and Cartel Market that will continue to be designed for the subscribers who spend money in the cartel market all the time. That's not necessarily a bad thing, and they've found their niche market which is good. But again, fucking called it.
    did this AT ALL really surprise anybody ??? i mean really even with the 350k cred cap it STILL would be useless for prefs and F2P to invest in their cash shop except for the occasional boost.

this is news that i already knew and it prolly a good foundation of why subbers are getting hit with the CM pay wall for stuff that SHOULD be included in their sub fee. As long as subbers continue to be the main source of the CM coin purchases they will in the end always have subs hit with pay walls for stuff that should be included.

its personally fine with me as nothing so far has been anything i am remotely interested in as a sub

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote: Originally Posted by dawginole View Post
    -sssp: Super secret space project is definitely still in the works. And i quote: "it is awesome!" but no details given.
    Will cost CC
    -guild ships: This is one of the devs pet projects. He has been working on it for a very long time and swears it will be amazing. But they don't want to release something without the bells and whistles.
    Will cost CC
    -guild stuff: Other guild stuff mentioned was an increase in the number of guild bank tabs/slots as well as a way to auto collect a tax of some kind that goes into the bank. Lots of stuff on the "wall of crazy".
    Will cost CC
    -housing: In the works, on the wall of crazy.
    Will cost CC
    -legacy messaging: If you remember, the last patch prior to 2.1 introduced a bug that caused any messages being sent to a player that just logged off and back onto an alt to automatically go to the alt. This immediately went on the wall of crazy to be implemented properly at a later date so that if you are talking to someone and log to an alt you will get to continue your conversation.
    Will cost CC

...I kid ofcourse

this guy says he jokes but knowing BWEA it will be eaxctly this sort of thing

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of this actually happens it will be a bonus ( but dont expect much )
    I want some new damn class companions
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    If any of this actually happens it will be a bonus ( but dont expect much )
    I was always under the impression that we would get one with Makeb and along the line people have been asking if we would be allowed to send more than just 5 companions crafting etc. . Whatever happened to that?

Btw. I'm just playing with a friend of mine on the republic side and while we were on Hoth we both realised that neither of us is using the advantage of the holocall function at all. I always thought you need to be close by but he was across the map just stepping out of his class instance and could participate. I mean while there are a lot of things I would like to see better... SWTOR actually does have some nice "features" but in my case I just don't use because I'm not used to it.

Just found this on the official forums.... ootinicast.com

6) Why aren’t Dreadtooth Masks under hoods and why aren’t they Legacy in the new Collections?

Damion/Eric/Jesse: They are an item they want you to earn on your individual character, not as part of a Legacy. It’s part of the high end-game content. There would be many technical issues to overcome in order to make that happen. Also it’s a HELMET in their view, not a mask, and you don’t usually put hoods over helmets.
    w.h.a.t.?

9) More Open World PvP?

Jesse Sky: Difficult to implement and no plans ATM. If we do see more it’ll be more like the Gree event.
    what part of "PvP" are they talking about here? The most frequent PvP I see there can be seen anywhere.... and not in the "specified" PvP area.

7) Why weren’t the Cathar discounted for subscribers?

.........Cartel success equals more resources that BioWare can have to develop more game content.....
    I leave it for those stating that whatever resources they get out of the Cartel Market would not be used for game content but for pure profit on their part.
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2013-05-22 at 07:56 AM.

Cathar costed 600 CC - every subscriber get 600 CC each month... so cathor got introduced for free? /discussion not needed

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Cathar costed 600 CC - every subscriber get 600 CC each month... so cathor got introduced for free? /discussion not needed
    Cathar wasn't the object of my quote, it was a quote under that point which didn't necessarily had something to do with it. However I was under the impression that your montly allowance is based on your subscription time (180 days gives you 600) + more if you have a security key (which is not required to become a subscriber)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Righhhht...

Until I see a game play video I refuse to care.
    If it's on rails they can go and kiss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    If it's on rails they can go and kiss it.
    What if its....in a "tube"??? /sarcasm

I always felt like on rails when leveling my pilots in SWG....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I always felt like on rails when leveling my pilots in SWG....
    If you repeat anything enough, it can start to feel 'on rails'. I levelled over 50 Ace pilot toons in SWG. My record was 7 Aces in 7 days. By the 3rd Ace I felt the 'rail syndrome' kicking in. Once an Ace though I'd go PvP in Deepspace and nothing in there felt 'on rails' tbh.

The SSSP better be everything I always wanted...and more! /shakefist

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Worst justification I've ever heard.

I leave it for those stating that whatever resources they get out of the Cartel Market would not be used for game content but for pure profit on their part.
    It's just tragic that people keep accepting this excuse as to why we've seen little outside of the Cartel Market since the launch of F2P. I mean think about this: The answer to almost every question asking why something is a) on the market and not included in a sbuscription b) why it costs so much and c) why is it not discounted for subs at the least, is met with the same answer.

Well, we need it to sell well for us to make money and give you more things to spend your money on. Think about it, they literally said if the Cathar don't sell well they won't make more races...which will be sold on the Cartel Market anyways. So in order to give you content to buy, you must first buy the content.

So that should bring everyone to the question: Where the heck is everyone's subscription money going? Oh that's right, the initial funding of new cash shop items to make you pay more money. It's like you are an investor in removing more of your own money. Basically funding a pyramid scheme that is then taking advantage of you. It makes no sense.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

So that should bring everyone to the question: Where the heck is everyone's subscription money going? .
    Yup i'm pretty much there, that's why the next patch is so vital, after the clusterfuck that was 2.1 and the groundswell of grumblings from unhappy subscribers that came from that, they have to make the first patch after the paid content patch a really good one, if they slap in one flashpoint that takes 40 minutes to do and more cartel crap on the shop, im outta there and i suspect i'll not be the only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Never ever going to happen. IF the game continues to make money we may see another 1/2 HK-style companions available to everyone. But they will never add 8-16 new companions (1/2 new for each class).

Anyway, here's another interview from Dallas Cantina Tour: http://ootinicast.com/2013/05/corres...antina-dallas/ contains some similar answers but some new details as well - like future PVP being only Gree-like, they seem to be abandoning any work on open-PVP for the current time + Legacy Datacrons high on list of 'wants', legacy comms/transfer considered but they're worried about consequences. Ohh and they finally stopped pretending like SGRA just "didn't make it on time" for the game's launch and now straight out admit they never planned it before launch.
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-05-23 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's just tragic that people keep accepting this excuse as to why we've seen little outside of the Cartel Market since the launch of F2P. I mean think about this: The answer to almost every question asking why something is a) on the market and not included in a sbuscription b) why it costs so much and c) why is it not discounted for subs at the least, is met with the same answer.

Well, we need it to sell well for us to make money and give you more things to spend your money on. Think about it, they literally said if the Cathar don't sell well they won't make more races...which will be sold on the Cartel Market anyways. So in order to give you content to buy, you must first buy the content.

So that should bring everyone to the question: Where the heck is everyone's subscription money going? Oh that's right, the initial funding of new cash shop items to make you pay more money. It's like you are an investor in removing more of your own money. Basically funding a pyramid scheme that is then taking advantage of you. It makes no sense.
    The operation/ flashpoint passes for my toons would cost me much more than what I pay for the subscription, there is not that much choice if you still like to play the game (and I do just as much as when I started playing). However the moment the cash shop was announced, I already knew that we will see the "cool" stuff only in the market, just like it happened in EQ2 before and sadly but true, this model is working.

However, it's just a game at this point, it's no longer a "passion" as Bioware keeps on showing that subscriber don't really matter because they exclude every chance they got to show "us" that a subscription is worth it. It's almost opposite to what it has been when F2P was implemented. F2P was too restrictive and the gap to subscriber was too large so they kept closing the gap more and more without realising that they need to adjust their subscribers up and if the gap is closing, naturally people will feel that their subscription isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    They promise that you will never be able to "buy power" from the CM and I was personally guaranteed the ship parts fiasco would never happen again. The CM will be strictly for vanity items and buying access to content for F2Pers.
    good

couldnt care less about the rest though, empty promises including some we are hearing since beta

the next patch is supposed to be a major content update? it better be, after the last one had 0.
    see you in 6 weeks.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    However, it's just a game at this point, it's no longer a "passion" as Bioware keeps on showing that subscriber don't really matter because they exclude every chance they got to show "us" that a subscription is worth it. It's almost opposite to what it has been when F2P was implemented. F2P was too restrictive and the gap to subscriber was too large so they kept closing the gap more and more without realising that they need to adjust their subscribers up and if the gap is closing, naturally people will feel that their subscription isn't worth it.
    And the worst part is that there re several avenues to pursue that won't prevent them from overly monetizing through the cash shop like they already do, but provide a much better all around solution.

Basically they go with the developer having their cake and eating it too, when they need to be delivering that to their customers. As a small example, their current setup needs to either provide things like customization and races, etc to their subscribers at no cost, to justify the fact that instead of renting it they could buy it for slightly more money. The other solution is to increase the stipend/lower costs, while allowing more limiting things like Op access be permanent unlocks.

This way as a subscriber, you can at least feel that they have the goodwill to allow you to 'buy your way out' of your subscription at some point in the future via your stipend.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    good

couldnt care less about the rest though, empty promises including some we are hearing since beta

the next patch is supposed to be a major content update? it better be, after the last one had 0.
    see you in 6 weeks.
    2 Weeks. Patch 2.2 is scheduled for June 11th. We should be hearing more about it any day now. /Fingers crossed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    2 Weeks. Patch 2.2 is scheduled for June 11th. We should be hearing more about it any day now. /Fingers crossed.
    2 Weeks seems to be optimistic, IF (and a big IF) its a "huge" (BW's defination of that word ofc) content patch it'll need more than 2 weeks on the PTR, before release.

Theres supposed to be a post about 2.2 and beyond today

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...34#edit6345634

"Actually I was just working on a post with one of our Senior Producers which you will see tomorrow that will answer this very question. Also, since I seem to be teasing things today, that post is going to tell you about more than just what is coming in Game Update 2.2..."

Maybe we'll find out then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    2 Weeks seems to be optimistic, IF (and a big IF) its a "huge" (BW's defination of that word ofc) content patch it'll need more than 2 weeks on the PTR, before release.

Theres supposed to be a post about 2.2 and beyond today

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...34#edit6345634

"Actually I was just working on a post with one of our Senior Producers which you will see tomorrow that will answer this very question. Also, since I seem to be teasing things today, that post is going to tell you about more than just what is coming in Game Update 2.2..."

Maybe we'll find out then.
    Yup, we should know more by tonight.

The June 11th date though seems important as they never give out such specific dates on patches so much in advance. Could it be because this year's E3 starts on June 11th also? No clue but if it is linked in some way then 2.2 will be released on that date, warts 'n all.

The bugs are piling up atm and new untested content won't help my sanity. Oh well, we'll know more later today.

later today.....

Hello everyone,

My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
    New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
    Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
    Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.

We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.

By July 9th Ops groups will have had four weeks to cut their teeth on Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. That’s when we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! New mechanics and unique loot for you.

July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run. Per community request the Event will scaled up to level 55 on this next run!

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:

New Flashpoints
    New Daily Area
    New Recurring Event
    Significant graphical upgrades

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 04:41 PM ----------

forgot the link

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138