• Redemption

99 11.26%
  • Killed

496 56.43%
  • Other (or combination)

58 6.60%
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i would like to see something funny happen like for the raid.. final boss garrosh or w/e the whole raid appears..attacks him and kills him down to 20% hp.. then the sha embodiment starts to empower garrosh... he gains new abilities and recovers 70% of his hp.. also chains up the hero's.. so Sylvanas, Lorthermar, Cairne, and Voljin show up to help giving the raiders new abilities and breaking their bonds... afterwards garrosh gets killed down to like 1%.. traps the raid again, and knocks out the horde leaders.. turning back to the raid hes about to kill, thrall shows up and tries to reason with him, being too far corrupted garrosh doesnt listen.. but all of a sudden Gallywix appears and smacks garrosh in the head with a baseball bat, mob style lol. he hits him a few more times and Garrosh goes down.. finally dead... then Gallywix says "thats for not paying me!" he loots Garrosh and then leaves.

lol

but overall he should get killed or imprisoned. exiled doesnt make sense, what would stop him from coming back when u leave him unchecked? not like its hard for him to get around. i dont think he can be redeemed anyway. we hated him since nagrand so.. lol.

Personally, I think he deserves to die. Maybe he will come to regret his mistakes before the end and slay the force he unleashes like his old dad? The other option is he will die defiant to the last.

I cannot see him surviving as far too many people are baying for his blood now, besides the Alliance QQ backlash would be furious if he lived after everything that happened to Theramore.

I've seen people say that "thrall" would spare Garrys life. Nope is not going to happen. Thrall would kill _ANYNONE_ who threatens the hordes safety. He killed Jainas dad, and others who deserved it.

Garry and the way he is going Thrall would end his life with Doom hammer ready to do so (if it was up to him to decide) At the very least I could see him being exiled but to where?

For me personally after all the shit he has pulled and the horrible trian wreck of a character he is. I want his head in my bag ready to present to Thrall. Nothing less than this will appease me hatred of Garry.

Exile is too good. Then again, he would be fair game for anyone to find and execute as they wish.

Imprisonment is on one hand too lenient, on the other a definitive blow to his ego. I'm not sure if I want Garrosh to feel punished or tormented for the rest of his days, or just have him out of the way.

... so, yes, I think killing him is the best choice. It removes the chance for him to return at a later date -- the writers won't have a chance to redeem Garrosh if they so chose, and he won't have the opportunity to raise a rebel army of his own.

It may just be that I'm hoping for too much but I've been thinking alot in the last couple of days that we might be fooled into thinking that Garrosh is the last boss when it's quite possible we're in for a surprise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    People QQ about EVERYTHING. Even the smallest.
    Except AoE looting. Everyone fucking loves AoE looting and would go as far as making it their sole reasong to resub...
    *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    Fuck it, I'm going all in. WoW will lose 30 million subs when WoD launches and the remaining -22 million subscriber deficit will bankrupt Blizzard entirely.

Killing him off would prove Blizzard handled his character development VERY poorly. For once I want a character to be redeemed. He should do his father proud (after making similar mistakes).

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I've seen people say that "thrall" would spare Garrys life. Nope is not going to happen. Thrall would kill _ANYNONE_ who threatens the hordes safety. He killed Jainas dad, and others who deserved it.
    Rexxar killed Admiral Proudmoore, not Thrall.

And Garrosh needs to be spared, because if it's a kill out of vengeance then the Sha would consume the person that kills Garrosh. Haven't people learned enough of the Sha by now? I thought these ideals were hammered in enough by now.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Killing him off would prove Blizzard handled his character development VERY poorly. For once I want a character to be redeemed. He should do his father proud (after making similar mistakes).
    Yeah, killing him off is basically giving in to all the people who considered him a badly written character. I still think he has a lot of potential if he's redeemed, he could be like his father or somewhat a younger Saurfang. Brash but a very skilled fighter.

Him being the pinnacle of uncorrupted Orcs would be the perfect candidate to take it on with the Legion. For him it's personal. Nobody hates demons more than him.
    Let him kill some massive demon like his father, but instead of dying in the process let Garrosh live.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Rexxar killed Admiral Proudmoore, not Thrall.

And Garrosh needs to be spared, because if it's a kill out of vengeance then the Sha would consume the person that kills Garrosh. Haven't people learned enough of the Sha by now? I thought these ideals were hammered in enough by now.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 12:57 PM ----------

Yeah, killing him off is basically giving in to all the people who considered him a badly written character. I still think he has a lot of potential if he's redeemed, he could be like his father or somewhat a younger Saurfang. Brash but a very skilled fighter.

Him being the pinnacle of uncorrupted Orcs would be the perfect candidate to take it on with the Legion. For him it's personal. Nobody hates demons more than him.
    Let him kill some massive demon like his father, but instead of dying in the process let Garrosh live.
    Rexxar killed him but Thrall was the one who ordered he be put down dont forget that.

As for redemption he frankly does not deserve it. He is a monster flat out. It would serve no purpose but for fans of his father to feel better about it. Nothing more. If he is to be killed its to serve justice (and we have enough info to support the fact that he needs to die. The only sha that can affect anyone is the Sha or pride as its the only one left free so you can't use that as an excuse (all the other sha are on Pandaria the one thats still at large is PRIDE so unless they are too prideful its not an issue)

Well for one thing I don't want him just killed off. I like Garrosh so it would be nice to see him redeemed somehow like maybe there was a sha controlling him which was the reason he was being so violent. If not that maybe imprisoned somewhere and either being a major boss character somewhere in the future or at some point something really bad is happening and they are desperate for help and they need Garrosh so they have to go and break him out, eventually leading to Garrosh becoming good again. Garrosh is one of my favorite characters so it would be nice if they could keep going with his story. All he wanted was to make the Horde the strongest of the two factions but unfortunately he's doing it in a way that he just flat out wants to rule all of Azeroth and kill anyone who gets in his way. In a way too it's also sort of kind of Thrall's fault for not being there for the Horde and to keep Garrosh and his followers in check. I mean where was Thrall all that time? In the Orc starting area teaching the little Orcs about Shamanism. Thrall claims the Horde to be his but he was taking his sweet ass time coming back. If he was there to reclaim his rightful spot on the Horde maybe none of this would've happened. He put Garrosh there just as a sub. It wasn't like Thrall was quitting the Horde to become Captain Planet for the rest of his life. At least I'm pretty sure that wasn't the reason he left.
    Last edited by Geminiwolf; 2013-05-20 at 01:59 PM.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

The funny part here is, in the game Wacraft 2, Doomhammer was exactly like Grom and Garrosh before the stupid retcon in a novel started. I do not believe the sky is green, i just believe what i played years ago before wow even existed. I have my own view on Doomhammer and like him that way. Gives him personality. Brave and Brutal and a strong leader.

Period.

I think with such inconsistencies reverting his brutal nature making him a honorable dueller, its not really worth someones time to invest in this fiction, plagued by retcons outside of the game, that only a small audience knows about.

That said, it doesn't matter if Garrosh is evil, neutral or good, gets killed or exiled or even stays the warchief. It will be retconned anyways.

This inconsistency with the story alone is a reasion to launch an all new and fresh wow2. And this time make the story right, written by only 1 guy without retconning anything. Its the way i prefere and consume my stories and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Common knowledge but i do not accept it. Can't handle a story to strangers and call it canon. No wonder people do care less about wow's story. So its save to say wow's lore is pretty messed up by co story writers outside of blizzards games design and a ton of unecessary retcons.
    Well just because YOU don't accept it doesn't matter for anything then. The same as someone claiming the sky is bright green, someone tells them "... no, its blue', and you respond 'I DON'T ACCEPT IT!'.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Well considering you were going on about how we were just inferring stuff from quotes and other parts of history for our arguments and that such wasn't really proof yet you were doing the same thing as Garrosh has never openly stated any of this one way or the other and we're basically both looking at different interpretations of what he's said and done, yeah, you were dismissing (or attempting to dismiss) our arguments with something that renders your own null and void.
    I'm simply avoiding a discussion that will never have an end, because i understood after pages of reasoning that you will never get my point, no matter what i'm saying; then, if you have the misplaced arrogance to belive that for this my argument is hollow and you have the unquestionable reason about it, good for you.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-20 at 04:30 PM.

The funny part here is, in the game Wacraft 2, Doomhammer was exactly like Grom and Garrosh before the stupid retcon in a novel started. I do not believe the sky is green, i just believe what i played years ago before wow even existed. I have my own view on Doomhammer and like him that way. Gives him personality. Brave and Brutal and a strong leader.

Period.

I think with such inconsistencies reverting his brutal nature making him a honorable dueller, its not really worth someones time to invest in this fiction, plagued by retcons outside of the game, that only a small audience knows about.

That said, it doesn't matter if Garrosh is evil, neutral or good, gets killed or exiled or even stays the warchief. It will be retconned anyways.

This inconsistency with the story alone is a reasion to launch an all new and fresh wow2. And this time make the story right, written by only 1 guy without retconning anything. Its the way i prefere and consume my stories and lore.
    Theres a lot in the story thats inconsistant. But I doubt we would ever see a "wow2". Only Wow - expansion thats overhauls x y z.

I get that you hate certain characters or ways they have been changed. It happens unfortunately. Like with Thrall being torn away from the horde. I never wanted that. I wanted Thrall to be more involved but not in the way it happened in Cata (aside his personal love story/being a dad which I think its a good development)

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Or are you the kind of guy who just says what he wanted and then close your ears and go with nananananana can't hear you ! I mean... really I'm not making assumption of anything these quotes are from Garrosh not from my imagination ok?
    So sad. You may have this "nananana" crap feeling about me just because i haven't discussed with you, but with the other guy, and i said that i'm done with this discussion. I'm not denying facts (that don't exist, no matter how hard you try to belive so) but i simply decided to stop arguing, because i made enough of it with essentialy no results at all. I apoligize with you for this, but i simply tired of reasoning again with you after i did for so much time with madgod and, as i said, with no results at all.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-20 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Theres a lot in the story thats inconsistant. But I doubt we would ever see a "wow2". Only Wow - expansion thats overhauls x y z.

I get that you hate certain characters or ways they have been changed. It happens unfortunately. Like with Thrall being torn away from the horde. I never wanted that. I wanted Thrall to be more involved but not in the way it happened in Cata (aside his personal love story/being a dad which I think its a good development)
    After the Horde's mysterious retreat from Lordaeron and Grand Admiral Proudmoore's victories at sea, Lothar led the armies of the Alliance to liberate much of Azeroth and Khaz Modan (meeting up with Muradin and Brann Bronzebeard), eventually breaching the Black Morass itself. Lothar was killed at the foot of Blackrock Spire after a force of Alliance troops he personally commanded was ambushed by the Horde forces.

He became separated from the main body of his troops in what is perhaps the greatest battle in Azeroth's history. Amid the chaos, he was forced into combat with Orgrim Doomhammer, Warchief of the Horde; after a long and draining fight, Lothar was defeated in single combat after his sword was shattered by the Doomhammer, his skull crushed by a powerful blow from the legendary weapon. However, others believe that Doomhammer did not win fairly and Lothar was killed after being ambushed by a group of Horde's warriors. Regardless, his blade fell from his dead grasp, though it did not lie for long.
    Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Anduin_Lothar

Just so you know i am not alone with my humble opinion. For those weak novel defenders - i do not really understand you. Whats canon and whats not is not really written in stone by any means. Thus the story can't really be taken seriously, heh. My opinion is my opinion and as vaild as other opinions on the topic.

Common knowledge but i do not accept it.
    What are you, a pissed spoiled child? "Common knowledge" means simply that is canon. If you don't accept it is you that openly go against the canon story, not otherwise.

[This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-05-21 at 12:47 PM.

Common knowledge but i do not accept it. Can't handle a story to strangers and call it canon. No wonder people do care less about wow's story. So its save to say wow's lore is pretty messed up by co story writers outside of blizzards games design and a ton of unecessary retcons.
    While there are occasional minor mistakes, it's a very involved process between the authors and blizzard. There's a quote floating around somewhere I'm going to paraphrase here. "We don't just tell someone to write a book about Nova and let them run wild." Characters from the books make their way into game. Events from the books are very important to things that happen in WoW. Saying you don't accept the books as cannon is just plugging your ears and shoutting 'lalalala I can't HEAR you!'

Krasus, the Dragon Aspects sans Deathwing, Rhonin, Falstad, Vereesa, and more are all characters that appeared in novels and other side material before the games, yet play big roles in the game itself. Jaina becoming the leader of the Kirin Tor, the death of Krasus, Varian's character development in Wolfheart and Blood of our Fathers, the Sunwell Trilogy setting up the Sunwell raid story, all of these things have an impact on the game but were started in the novels and other side material. It doesn't matter if you or I like it or not. You and I do not get to decide what is and isn't cannon. Blizzard has decided the novels are cannon, and they work VERY CLOSELY with the authors as they write those books, so yes, the novels are indeed canon even if they occasionally have minor schisms with in game stories.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 11:21 AM ----------

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Anduin_Lothar

Just so you know i am not alone with my humble opinion. For those weak novel defenders - i do not really understand you. Whats canon and whats not is not really written in stone by any means. Thus the story can't really be taken seriously, heh. My opinion is my opinion and as vaild as other opinions on the topic.
    I go with the novelizations of WC 2 as canon over the game itself because:

1. They were written after the games, and are more recent and up to date lore wise.

2. They provide a singular, coherent narrative instead of two conflicting stories that offer very little in the way of storytelling.

3. Blizzard works very closely with the writers of the novels as I said above. They have to approve it, it's not like they get to run wild and throw any lore in that they want.

I'd say from an in character perspective, sure there could be rumors that Lothar was killed in cowardly means. But in canon, I'd go with the Tides of Darkness novel's version for the above reasons.

I think it would be brilliant if Garrosh actually wins.

So many players have come to expect that as the player you are the default 'good guy' and that you are eventually going to win. If WoW was a movie it would be incredibly boring, because as far as the storyline goes everyone is a badass immortal mary sue that always wins. I mean, from a literary point of view, the fact that the players defeat all of the Sha which represent basic human emotions means that as a character you will have beaten the 'human condition' by the end of MoP. So now we aren't just immortal badass mary sues, you need to add Vulcan Jedi on to that because we have triumphed over all possible flaws which can exist in a character.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...nger-democracy

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Old Horde was already corrupted in both invasions so thats what I meant.
    The Old Horde was nothing more than a twisted and corrupted version of what the Orcs used to be. Thrall didn't "civilize" the orcs, he just united them again as a Horde but with a conception of living almost similar to the old one the orcs had when living on Draenor, like the practice of shamanism, before Gul'dan ruined it.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-20 at 04:39 PM.

I always thought an exile would be a worse fate than death for Garrosh. Garrosh wants to die in battle. It would drive him crazy if we stripped him of his rank, weapon and put him back in nagrand in a shack somewhere where players could fly to. He'd live in shame and as a disappointment to the orcs and his father.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/