Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    There's a list of differing ilvl proc values towards the bottom of the OP. I believe there's also a formula listed there that you can use to determine the proc rate based on the ilvl. While it won't increase the amount of stats that you get from the rune proc when you bump the ilvl (wouldn't that be amazing?), it will increase the RPPM, slightly and increase the amount of static agility. If you double upgrade the rune, it will increase the proc rate from .8 RPPM to .86 RPPM. Since rune is our second biggest DPS increase, barely eked out by a good MH weapon, I'm planning to upgrade my MH, OH, and rune tomorrow.
    What was posted in the OP was the multiplier for the item level of the trinket. The actual Proc rates are as such:

.92 * (1.1) *(1/(1.15^((528-item level)/15))) * (1 + Haste % [Haste Rating] / 42500])

ilvl - RPPM with 0 Haste Rating
    502 - 0.794275054 - LFR 0/2
    506 - 0.824436125 - LFR 1/2
    510 - 0.855742505 - LFR 2/2
    522 - 0.956976727 - Normal 0/2
    526 - 0.993316083 - Normal 1/2
    528 - 1.012000000 - N Thunder 0/2
    530 - 1.031035355 - Normal 2/2
    532 - 1.050428758 - N Thunder 1/2
    535 - 1.080204971 - Heroic 0/2
    536 - 1.090316775 - N Thunder 2/2
    539 - 1.121223682 - Heroic 1/2
    541 - 1.142313495 - H Thunder 0/2
    543 - 1.163800000 - Heroic 2/2
    545 - 1.185690658 - H Thunder 1/2
    549 - 1.230714986 - H Thunder 2/2

As I pointed out in the proc rate, haste does affect the proc rate, so if you have 1 RPPM and have 10% haste, the new RPPM is now 1.1 RPPM. Also to get the AVERAGE proc rate is 60 / (hasted RPPM). So as our example, with 10% haste our hasted RPPM is 1.1. 60/1.1 = ~54.55 second interval.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-05-21 at 11:03 PM.

So from this list, would I be right to assume that a lower ilvl version may actually be more beneficial (proc-rate wise) to you than a higher one? For example, if you're running with a 2/2 upgraded H-TF version with a lot of haste, you'll be swimming in procs - probably proccing faster that you can generate stacks of TeB to use it properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkidy View Post
    So from this list, would I be right to assume that a lower ilvl version may actually be more beneficial (proc-rate wise) to you than a higher one? For example, if you're running with a 2/2 upgraded H-TF version with a lot of haste, you'll be swimming in procs - probably proccing faster that you can generate stacks of TeB to use it properly?
    Even with 8500 haste, the 549 ilvl proc rate is about once every 40 seconds, which is just about perfect.

WolframAlpha showing the proc rate in seconds: link
    Last edited by Jocias; 2013-05-21 at 12:00 AM.

This is good news. And why I leave the maths to others.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is good news. And why I leave the maths to others.
    Also keep in mind that there is a 22 second ICD so if it does proc early, at worse you would still have 6-7 stacks of TeB when it does proc.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-05-21 at 01:19 AM.

Out of curiosity, has anyone mathed out a point at which you'd be better not to react to the proc? Obviously it depends on your mastery value pre-proc, but at what number of stacks are we talking when it's going to be better to ignore the proc entirely? I suppose that using just 1 stack is still going to be an increase since it only takes a few seconds to replace that stack anyway, but would there be a point when it's going to be worth just saving the stacks until the next proc? Hopefully that makes sense

Out of curiosity, has anyone mathed out a point at which you'd be better not to react to the proc? Obviously it depends on your mastery value pre-proc, but at what number of stacks are we talking when it's going to be better to ignore the proc entirely? I suppose that using just 1 stack is still going to be an increase since it only takes a few seconds to replace that stack anyway, but would there be a point when it's going to be worth just saving the stacks until the next proc? Hopefully that makes sense
    Since mastery stacks scale linearly, I'm willing to guess that you should use your brew at any number of stacks when there are 1-2 seconds left on rune unless you are anticipating a specific mechanic where it would be best to hold because you wouldn't be able to use the full duration or a damage buff is coming and you want as many stacks as you can get. (IE Lei Shen about to go into interim phase, or Jin'rokh about to call up his puddles)

Towards the bottom of the OP, I mention in part of the advanced section that 4 stacks with re-origination is worth 10 stacks without. My basic philosophy is that you'll get more out of your stacks from re-origination than if you used them on their own, so I almost always burn my TeB with re-origination unless it would go completely to waste, like if it procs just before Lei Shen goes into transition.

A simpler version of the formula if you want to eyeball things is that, since going up 15 ilvls multiplies the RPPM by 1.15, each 1 ilvl is worth about 1% more RPPM.

To be even more handwavey, that means the reduction in proc interval is also about 1% per ilvl. So going to a 2/2 upgrade will cut your time-between-procs by about 8%, so eg. if you have an average 50s CD with your haste now, you'll shave off about 4s of that by upgrading.

Doing the math for real, it looks like a 2/2 upgrade is actually worth 7.2% reduction in proc interval, so 1% per ilvl isn't too bad as a rough estimate. It gets less accurate the bigger the ilvl jump, so eg. going from a 502 LFR to a 522 N would look like a 20% upgrade, but it's actually only 17%.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2013-05-21 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typing is hard

Towards the bottom of the OP, I mention in part of the advanced section that 4 stacks with re-origination is worth 10 stacks without. My basic philosophy is that you'll get more out of your stacks from re-origination than if you used them on their own, so I almost always burn my TeB with re-origination unless it would go completely to waste, like if it procs just before Lei Shen goes into transition.
    So you did, my apologies. You're right, as a general rule you'll always want to use whatever stacks you have unless you're in a particularly daring mood and want to game the proc rate to go off when you've got another dmg multiplier coming up soon.

Now, to get the trinket to actually drop. At least I'll know what to do with it when it happens

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a list of differing ilvl proc values towards the bottom of the OP. I believe there's also a formula listed there that you can use to determine the proc rate based on the ilvl. While it won't increase the amount of stats that you get from the rune proc when you bump the ilvl (wouldn't that be amazing?), it will increase the RPPM, slightly and increase the amount of static agility. If you double upgrade the rune, it will increase the proc rate from .8 RPPM to .86 RPPM. Since rune is our second biggest DPS increase, barely eked out by a good MH weapon, I'm planning to upgrade my MH, OH, and rune tomorrow.
    I look back and realise it's a silly question, but this was exactly the in-depth answer I was looking for. Brilliant - thanks!
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid