Thread: MM Patch 5.3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I must be the exception here but I have always, since vanilla, loved MM play style. The only other spec I can tolerate is BM. I hate that Surv has been shoe-horned as the main raiding spec for a while now. Never liked the mechanics of it.
    I'm in exactly the same situation and I have the exact same views as you do.
    I still raid as MM, because I can. Fun is more important these days, for all of our raiders. We only do normals anyway, so it doesn't matter much, a dead boss is a dead boss, regardless of specs. That being said, I don't think MM is that far behind, if a MM player has years of experience with the spec (like Fullmetal89 and me), we can still do decent with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    I'm in exactly the same situation and I have the exact same views as you do.
    I still raid as MM, because I can. Fun is more important these days, for all of our raiders. We only do normals anyway, so it doesn't matter much, a dead boss is a dead boss, regardless of specs. That being said, I don't think MM is that far behind, if a MM player has years of experience with the spec (like Fullmetal89 and me), we can still do decent with it.
    While I absolutely agree that being a veteran MM hunter helps and makes the spec reasonably viable. The fact still remains that it hasn't been scaling well (admittedly hunters never scale well, regardless of the spec) and the MM toolkit feels too weak compared to how it was in the past. Aimed shot use to hit as hard as a Warlock's chaos bolt back in the day, now it hits like a we noodle. The old Chimera shot which use to add your serpent sting dmg over time to the shot was amazing and they should have never changed it. Not to mention that Arcane shot has been a weird ability for Hunters to have since we moved away from Mana. They should make arcane shot scale deal much more weapon damage and add bleeding damage as MM spec. Or instead of having so many buttons that do the same thing make Arcane Shot and ability that changes with spec, in MM it becomes Chimera Shot, in BM Kill Command, and Survival Explosive Shot. Bake in some extra effects to make up for the loss of an ability. Lastly I'd have to say that even with them fixing Powershot I still find the level 90 talents to be really unattractive, Glaive Toss is basically the only reliable ability not giving much variety between specs. I know other classes have the same problem so I'm not saying this is exclusive to hunters.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

A fellow MM here. I feel the exact same, I play as MM and have so since wrath (Got tired of the hunter in our guild not performing, so I rolled one to show him how to play, and fell in love with the class). Nothing would please me more in the game than to have MM as the go-to spec for raiding. I don't necessarily need a whole rework done to it, but certainly needs to be improved upon. I currently don't have any suggestions other than I miss the buff you got for standing still for 6 seconds (can't remember the buff name, steady aim maybe?). But the buff made sense, you aim better by not moving and would play well with MM.
    What I miss most about the hunter spec is that it was the only class with specs where IF you were good at MM, then you excelled, if you didn't, then your numbers just plain sucked, and Surv was the one you should stick with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back MM 2013 -- A campaign for justice.

I can still recall the days of MM in where its dps number greatly suffers when there was alot of movement in the encounter. I feel blizz is right in making MM a mobile spec aswell same with sv and bm. but what i think should be done are as follows:

1. remove careful aim and replace it with Killer Instinct - When your target life is 20% or lower you get a damage increase of 12% until the target dies. During Killer Instinct your Aimed Shot damage is doubled.

2. chimera shot - An instant shot that causes 300% ranged weapon physical damage and doubles all damage received by the target for 3sec. , refreshing the duration of your Serpent Sting and healing you for 10% of your total health. Applies the Hunter's Mark effect. Focus Cost 30

3. Bombardment - Your critical hits with Multi-Shot cause your Barrage skill to reset and cost no focus.
    Last edited by erbs101; 2013-05-22 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    While I absolutely agree that being a veteran MM hunter helps and makes the spec reasonably viable. The fact still remains that it hasn't been scaling well (admittedly hunters never scale well, regardless of the spec) and the MM toolkit feels too weak compared to how it was in the past. Aimed shot use to hit as hard as a Warlock's chaos bolt back in the day, now it hits like a we noodle. The old Chimera shot which use to add your serpent sting dmg over time to the shot was amazing and they should have never changed it. Not to mention that Arcane shot has been a weird ability for Hunters to have since we moved away from Mana. They should make arcane shot scale deal much more weapon damage and add bleeding damage as MM spec. Or instead of having so many buttons that do the same thing make Arcane Shot and ability that changes with spec, in MM it becomes Chimera Shot, in BM Kill Command, and Survival Explosive Shot. Bake in some extra effects to make up for the loss of an ability. Lastly I'd have to say that even with them fixing Powershot I still find the level 90 talents to be really unattractive, Glaive Toss is basically the only reliable ability not giving much variety between specs. I know other classes have the same problem so I'm not saying this is exclusive to hunters.
    Absolutely correct on all accounts. Arcane Short and the Level 90 talents are bugging me as well, I tried using Powershot because I wanted to make a difference and besides that, reduce button bloat (one cast every minute instead of four for GT), but it's just not viable, even for me (I'm already using TotH instead of DB). Besides, my tanks started grumbling because of the knockback. Alas, back to GT. And using Aimed as focus dump requires more haste than we can currently get (at least in non-heroic-gear), so we're stuck with Arcane Shot, again.

That being said, I'd still not change to a different spec. Because MM is awesome!