Streaming League With OBS! Need Help Configuring Settings!

Hello there! I am looking to stream League, WoW, Starcraft, and many other things on Twitch for friends, and others to watch. But mostly League.

I am using OBS to stream, but because of my internet connection, it's actually very hard to stream at high quality. My computer is top of the line, and I'm able to play absolutely everything on ultra with no problems. Things like video rendering are lightning fast!

Here is my Speedtest:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2716921503.png

And here are my specs:

CPU: Intel i7-3770K
    Memory: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 670

It's a fairly strong custom built rig that can tackle almost everything, but I just need to know what to stream at for the optimal settings with OBS!

Thanks in advance!
    My Armory Page - My YouTube Page - Tumblr

<Stage Clear> US-Kil'Jaeden - World: 426 - US: 91 - Realm: 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never streamed in my life, but I know that your computer can handle the streaming but your internet cannot. The upload is too low to stream 1080p, and then again with that speed, 720p would be a struggle.

I suggest upgrading/switching providers.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you getting 15 down but only 1 up? Usually it's much closer than that.

And I agree with Klutzington. The computer is fine. Your internet is the only think holding you back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    How are you getting 15 down but only 1 up? Usually it's much closer than that.

And I agree with Klutzington. The computer is fine. Your internet is the only think holding you back.
    I'm from denmark and a 20/2 connection where i am is pretty normal... i'm currently 50/5 i have no idea why most providers gives such a low upload..
    ofc there are also many providers giving like 20/20 , 30/30 50/50 etc

Deleted
    Your PC should be able to stream no problem, like everyone else is saying though - I'm not sure about your internet. You should probably just get a few friends to watch your stream and try it - see how it turns out. If you want to do it long term or get a lot of viewers though I think you're going to want to upgrade your speeds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Your PC should be able to stream no problem, like everyone else is saying though - I'm not sure about your internet. You should probably just get a few friends to watch your stream and try it - see how it turns out. If you want to do it long term or get a lot of viewers though I think you're going to want to upgrade your speeds.
    Pretty much this. I don't recommend anything lower than 2 mbps upload, with 5 preferred. If you are running ANYTHING else using any sort of upload bandwidth, you are screwed.

IF you have 1 mbps upload you'd have to max your upload at like 400 kbps, wouldn't be able to really stream except about 480p with a 5 quality rating through OBS, which would basically mean your stream is going to be laggy, stutter a lot, and look like garbage. It's unfortunate, but true.

I don't want to try and hijack your thread, but I have been wondering about streaming myself, I didn't know your DL/UL speeds had anything to do with it.

I'm sure my pc can;t handle it, but can my internet?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2745019543.png (did not know about this site either. lol)

If it can, then if my streaming doesn't work I'll know it's my pc.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I don't want to try and hijack your thread, but I have been wondering about streaming myself, I didn't know your DL/UL speeds had anything to do with it.

I'm sure my pc can;t handle it, but can my internet?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2745019543.png (did not know about this site either. lol)

If it can, then if my streaming doesn't work I'll know it's my pc.
    As Uggarthaholy says, minimum is around 2MB and that's not for streaming in HD. 5 should be able to do HD so you should be fine. Your UL speed is the most important thing because you're actually uploading the data to the streaming service in live time. If you can't get enough data up per second to keep your stream live, then it'll be pretty unwatchable.

One thing to bear in mind is also whether your internet provider has a data plan. Some companies (a lot of the companies in the UK, I'm not so sure about the USA) offer "unlimited" data plans where you can download as much as you want, but in the terms and conditions, they have a fair usage policy on uploading and will cap your internet if you exceed it. Just remember that every minute you're streaming you are actually uploading data constantly so if you have a data policy it will affect it.