Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you let your girlfriend or wife hangout with a bunch of dudes from work?

Lets say they had an event at work, and they all went out afterward to get some drinks. Would you let your girlfriend or wife hangout and drink with a bunch of dudes from work? Or would you trust her?

Doesn't make a difference because I trust my partner. If you are that insecure you can't handle your other half socializing with the opposite sex then I would put good money on the relationship having an expiration date. Trust is the foundation upon which relationships are built. Without it, it is just a matter of time before the building crumbles.

Deleted
    I don't have a girlfriend at the moment, but when I did I was (and still would be) completely fine with it. If I don't trust someone well enough, she wouldn't even be my girlfriend =P

I trust her completely.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Is this for real? She is not your property. I trust all my girlfriends. My g/f can do what she wants. It is her life. this is insane.

Last time I checked my wife is not my property so the question on whether I would "let her" is kind of moot.

I'm a little confused about this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Lets say they had an event at work, and they all went out afterward to get some drinks. Would you let your girlfriend or wife hangout and drink with a bunch of dudes from work?
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Or would you trust her?
    Are these two things mutually exclusive? Of course I would trust her, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that a lot of the comments are going to be attacking you for suggesting that it is either your choice or a choice that you can influence and not entirely her choice, right? Anything that even suggests a male EVER has any influence over a women is seen as oppression or sexism or misogyny or something. Oh look, just in the time it took me to write this post, two such people showed up.

Depends. If they are friends of mine that I actually know, then probably would have no issue. If they are just random people that I happen to work and essentially don’t know, then I would say no. Random men + random woman or women whose wellbeing the random men don’t actually care about + drinking often doesn’t end well.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Would I "let"? Not my choice.

Would I feel comfortable with it? Yes

Her going out with 1 guy, however, not so much - i'd voice my concern and deal with whatever she decided to do.

No, I'd obviously demand that she stayed at home like a PROPER WOMAN.

Then I'd hop into my time machine and go back to the 1950's, where I'm apparently from.

Let her?

If I didn't know them I would be skeptical as to whether or not I could trust them with the safety/wellbeing of my wife.

In the end it isn't my choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    You do realize that a lot of the comments are going to be attacking you for suggesting that it is either your choice or a choice that you can influence and not entirely her choice, right? Anything that even suggests a male EVER has any influence over a women is seen as oppression or sexism or misogyny or something.
    It was a sexist question, I calls ' em like I sees 'em.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-05-19 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be uncomfortable with it but I'm not going to say "Nope, not going" I'd just let her know that while I trust her to be faithful, I don't trust them since I don't know them enough to be around her while intoxicated.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-05-19 at 02:03 AM.

Going out drinking after work? What is she, like 20?

At that point in life I don't even consider it a serious relationship. It's a "casual relationship with implied/expected monogamy". The point of a long term relationship is to start a family, whether it's a family of two (husband wife, husband husband, wife wife) or more (children). Until the desire and foundation for that end is present, people are just creating undue stress upon themselves with the expectation of monogamy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how sexy her co-workers are.

Of course not. My wife is my property and she's not allowed to spend time in social events with other men. Give them permission to do that and the next thing you know they'll be wanting to vote and own land...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon View Post
    Of course not. My wife is my property and she's not allowed to spend time in social events with other men. Give them permission to do that and the next thing you know they'll be wanting to vote and own land...
    i see wat u did ther.

OT: Trust is everything in a relationship, especially Marriage. I'm completely fine with my wife hanging out with men as she is perfectly fine with me hanging out with women. My best friend is a woman and all it is is the trust you have in your partner.

going drinking with a bunch of dude lmao thats funny. the problem want be with me trusting her but trusting a group of dudes who are drinking. there has been many cases of these type of thing going terrible
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Also the whole "let" thing is not necessarily sexist. The obvious meaning of the word is "not be emotionally affected by".

But "let" is a more efficient and colloquial way of saying that.

"Would you not be emotionally affected by your wife going out drinking with a bunch of guys after work?"

Kind of like how you could ask: Does your wife let you spend money on online poker? Is that sexist? No. Because she's not actually going to physically stop you. The question is whether or not she'll allow that to affect her emotional relationship with you.

To say that the OP question is sexist and implies slavery is reaching for straws at its finest.

EDIT: Dear OP, never use unclear colloquial English on the internet. You must always communicate your point clearly in formal language when talking on the internet otherwise people will take it out of context and completely ignore the actual question.

Sincerely, Gheld.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-05-19 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon View Post
    we cant allow that they gotta know their place...in the kitchen lolz
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Deleted
    no, i've let my ex girlfriend(s) to go out with their ''friends'' and i've gotten royally fucked coz of it, like let's say my last ex cheated on me when i was in the army and got to know about it 1 year after i got out of army that she had cheated me with my friend(and he was her friend too) while i was in the army (now im a bloody mess coz of that), i've trusted them like 120% (1 woman demolishing ur trust no problem, but 6 wth?).
    so no when (if) i get a chance to meet a new woman im intrested i will be very cautious.
    women are evil creatures from hell i tell you, lying, scheming and only caring about them selves

well that's the picture all of the most of the women i've met, so please don't judge me as sexist ahole