Unholy Stat weights question

I was looking at the unholy guide on EJ and a recent post by Mendenbarr shows that with AMS soaking, as our gear level increases so will the value of crit, eventually causing crit to outweigh haste in our priority. Curious as to what my personal stat weights were i simmed my character and sure enough crit came out on top of haste with my current gear. Is there a certain haste rating where crit would become more valuable than haste?

My character's name is Orrimer on US-Kargath for anyone interested in looking at my gear and helping me out.

Thanks in advance,

-Orrimer

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a really difficult point to reach that you'll have crit sim higher then haste (at least for this tier), given you're only at 507, it'll still be Haste > Crit > Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrimer View Post
    Is there a certain haste rating where crit would become more valuable than haste?
    When you'll find yourself GCD capped through AMS soaking. I found that threshold at ~10k haste rating (traditional UH), but it depends on a lot of individual factors (for example latency).

Awesome, thanks for the clarification

Just curious, i have never simmed anything, so I'll ask...just in my head it seems like if you stacked mastery, you'd get crazy blood plauge, SS, FS, and death coil hit? Just wondering, i will probably try it anyways lol. but thats just what i was thinking in my head

You would actually get a huge boost in disease damage. Mastery stacking is useful for AoE situations where there are 4 or more targets and you'll be spreading your diseases to anything and everything.

Not sure about SS and FS as i believe they are based off of weapon damage.

true forgot that lol, just remembered they did shadow dmg, but SS shadow would do up, as well as death coil, but you wouldnt get as many DC's as if you went haste, so i dunno lol thats y i asked, new to DK's in MOP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    Just curious, i have never simmed anything, so I'll ask...just in my head it seems like if you stacked mastery, you'd get crazy blood plauge, SS, FS, and death coil hit? Just wondering, i will probably try it anyways lol. but thats just what i was thinking in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrimer View Post
    You would actually get a huge boost in disease damage. Mastery stacking is useful for AoE situations where there are 4 or more targets and you'll be spreading your diseases to anything and everything.

Not sure about SS and FS as i believe they are based off of weapon damage.
    Mastery increases our Shadow damage but it's just a percentage of our overall damage: a good portion of our damage comes from 1) pet, 2) frost fever, 3) autoattack, and 2 of our main attacks are physical (FS and a part of SS) and those aren't affected by our mastery.

That's why, on AOE situations, crit would be a better stat than mastery because it increases ALL our damage and not just the shadow portion of our damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    [...]a good portion of our damage comes from 1) pet, 2) frost fever,[...]
    Did u mean blood plague ?

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    that's what I was wondering lol. But I see his point besides that lol. thanks, again I was just curious haven't played DK since end of cata a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    no, he means frost fever, he's listing significant damage sources that arent shadow (frost fever is ~10% of our damage, since we have that passive 60% inc to diseases)

Deleted
    Oh thx! Didn't read his sentence like that.