Deleted

Help me understand how to use the sinister meta gem

Hey guys.

I rarely post in these forums, but i now need some advice or guidance on the legendary meta gem

Firstly i play affliction and i noticed that everytime the meta gem procs my dots get the effect (without being re-applied)
    When the 30% buff runs out the dots loses the effect as well :/

Same happens with Dark soul: misery it seems, did i miss something ? i thought the dots snapshotted the current stats and rolled with them even tho dark soul faded, does haste work differently compared to mastery / intellect?

Does this mean there is no reason for me to re-apply my dots whenever the mega gem proc? (the gain is lost after it runs out anyway)

Thank you in advance.

ps. the gem is really cool btw
    Last edited by mmocbd342347e3; 2013-05-20 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    i cant tell if your trolling tbh,

try this

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-of-dot-power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheeus View Post
    i cant tell if your trolling tbh,

try this

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-of-dot-power
    i wasnt trolling i just saw some very strange behavour when i was checking DS and the meta gem, if say my agony had 15 secs left on its duration and the meta gem procced, the dot went from 1.60 every tick to 1.23 every tick and after 10 secs it went back up to 1.60 with still 5 secs left on its ticking duration.

I`ll go back to what i was doing before and re-apply dots whenever i get some nasty procs

Thank you.
    Last edited by mmocbd342347e3; 2013-05-20 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Its just a tooltip bug on all dots it shows what haste u got atm but it's the haste you had when you cast the dot that matters so just ignore the tooltip when you mouse over your dots

Quote Originally Posted by Herminus View Post
    Its just a tooltip bug on all dots it shows what haste u got atm but it's the haste you had when you cast the dot that matters so just ignore the tooltip when you mouse over your dots
    Technically it's not a bug, as the tooltips just show values based on current stats.

It's more that you can't check the tick-time on DoTs by checking the tootlip.

Deleted
    the procs arent dynamically applied, so when the meta procs you'll need to reapply your dots to get its effect. what you see on the tooltips is just how your dots do dmg-wise with your current procs, nothing more, as your tooltip will change all the time based which procs/buffs you have.