Anyone figure out how the deep wounds glitch is happening?

Just randomly dueling a warrior and right before the duel ends his deep wound crits me for 53k. Not QQing, I'm aware its a glitch and it doesn't happen that often. Just want to know what to look out for.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wgtddx&s=5

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Just randomly dueling a warrior and right before the duel ends his deep wound crits me for 53k. Not QQing, I'm aware its a glitch and it doesn't happen that often. Just want to know what to look out for.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wgtddx&s=5
    from wowdb about deep wounds:

Your Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, and Devastate cause the target to bleed for [ 1,090 + 24% of AP ] Physical damage over 15 sec.
    and from 5.2 patch notes:

Deep Wounds damage has been increased by 100% for Arms Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    from wowdb about deep wounds:

and from 5.2 patch notes:
    Thank you for completely ignoring my post.

15+ Year Old Account
    >.>

His point is, that's how much Deep Wounds does - not a glitch - working as intended.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard deep wounds might be ignoring resilience?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Thank you for completely ignoring my post.
    I can't translate if the deep wounds damage is devided over 15 seconds or if it is a tick according to the current time Attack - Power.
    Assuming the later. 80000 attack power would cause 20000 deep wounds, which doubled if arms = 40000 which doubled if crit = 80000.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    >.>

His point is, that's how much Deep Wounds does - not a glitch - working as intended.
    As seen in the screenshot, and im rounding up, the average tick was 10k. The tick at the end was for 50k, rounded down. It randomly did 500% of its normal damage. On this minimal information you can gather by looking at the picture for a couple seconds, how would posting the formula for deep wounds be a valid response?

DW doesn't snapshot does it? Maybe he popped a lot of CDs/had trinks up/etc for that last tick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    DW doesn't snapshot does it? Maybe he popped a lot of CDs/had trinks up/etc for that last tick.
    Actually tested it and poping cds really doesn't increase the damage much.

>.>

typical example of moderator dousch's on mmo-champion. You should infract your retarded ass for not posting constructively on the fucking forum your supposed to moderate you fuck faced retard.

OT: I've experienced this myself many times, actually seeing highest at 64331 done to me in a RBG. This was like beginning of april, and the warrior was in 5.2 malev the 476 stuff with 476 wep against me in pvp gear 488. You are not alone and yes it does appear to be a bug. I have reported it, so have many others. Heres a link to a similar topic
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...th-deep-wounds

Some people claim that deep wounds is stacking while some others don't.

I heard deep wounds might be ignoring resilience?
    that might be the case

The tooltip damage split over 15 seconds (with 3 second per tick) on my warrior is (2.43 * AP) + 1090
    Assuming 63000 AP that is 154180 damage over 15 seconds or 30836 damage per tick.
    Assuming crit thats 61672 damage for that crit tick

That would also fit your ignoring resilience theory.

Althought if that was the case - there would need to be a mortal strike somewhere in the screenshot to refresh/recalculate the deep wounds treshold.

So what I just said - should be false.

15+ Year Old Account
    As seen in the screenshot, and im rounding up, the average tick was 10k. The tick at the end was for 50k, rounded down. It randomly did 500% of its normal damage. On this minimal information you can gather by looking at the picture for a couple seconds, how would posting the formula for deep wounds be a valid response?
    It's not the clearest way to demonstrate his point, but what he's suggesting is that given the formula for Deep Wounds, and that it is doubled on the PTR (and on Live on tuesday) - it's going to hit significantly harder than most people expect.

Deep Wounds deals 24% of AP + 1090 over 15 seconds, is increased as Arms by an additional 100% (5.3 buff), is increased by 25% by Seasoned Soldier (Arms Passive), and it crit - so double it again.

Given say... 40k AP - that means a crit would do 53450 damage: awfully close to the 52711 hit you took. Clearly the picture isn't showing the passage of time very well, it shows you take that hit (presumably ending the duel?), then take ~60k in healing, then be at full health - so it's hard to deduce what else is going on.

More likely what occurred is that you took that hit, the duel ended - either you or he zoned - it couldn't recognize that the Deep Wounds came from a PvP target - so it just assumed it was a PvE DoT - and ignored resilience. That bug has existed since Vanilla when one or both targets zone out with DoTs active.

Alternatively, something else happened that you aren't really telling us. For example, you took a single hit from Bladestorm right before the Deep Wounds tick - did he pop Bladestorm when you had less than 60k health?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

It's not the clearest way to demonstrate his point, but what he's suggesting is that given the formula for Deep Wounds, and that it is doubled on the PTR (and on Live on tuesday) - it's going to hit significantly harder than most people expect.

Deep Wounds deals 24% of AP + 1090 over 15 seconds, is increased as Arms by an additional 100% (5.3 buff), is increased by 25% by Seasoned Soldier (Arms Passive), and it crit - so double it again.

Given say... 40k AP - that means a crit would do 53450 damage: awfully close to the 52711 hit you took. Clearly the picture isn't showing the passage of time very well, it shows you take that hit (presumably ending the duel?), then take ~60k in healing, then be at full health - so it's hard to deduce what else is going on.

More likely what occurred is that you took that hit, the duel ended - either you or he zoned - it couldn't recognize that the Deep Wounds came from a PvP target - so it just assumed it was a PvE DoT - and ignored resilience. That bug has existed since Vanilla when one or both targets zone out with DoTs active.

Alternatively, something else happened that you aren't really telling us. For example, you took a single hit from Bladestorm right before the Deep Wounds tick - did he pop Bladestorm when you had less than 60k health?
    I'll give a bit more context, it happened a second or so before the duel ended, right before my swift reflex got the duel ending shot in. I was at around 70% health right as the duel ended. Never dropped below that. It was not instanced, and there was no phasing issue we are on the same server. As i said it happened before the duel ended so resil and armor should have been factored in.

And i understand the point he made, he made it without even looking at the screenshot where within seconds he could have seen the normal tick compared to the abnormal one. Which is where i posted my comment on how he pretty much ignored my post.

100% Guarantee that it is the similar glitch to leaving an arena/bg with dots on you that allows them to ignore resilience since you were out in the world when this happened.

Look at the log, it was ticking for 9k, then im guessing the duel ended since there are no more actions after that and it suddenly ticked for 53k. Hell the biggest tick ive ever seen in PVE (normal targets) is an 80k crit with full cds and raidbuffs.

Edit: Im even more sure doublechecking again. He didn't use an MS or Tclap to reapply deep wounds since the last 9k tick so theres no way even blowing cds/procs would have any effect.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-05-20 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    100% Guarantee that it is the similar glitch to leaving an arena/bg with dots on you that allows them to ignore resilience since you were out in the world when this happened.

Look at the log, it was ticking for 9k, then im guessing the duel ended since there are no more actions after that and it suddenly ticked for 53k. Hell the biggest tick ive ever seen in PVE (normal targets) is an 80k crit with full cds and raidbuffs.
    But thats the thing, it happened BEFORE the duel ended.

10+ Year Old Account

2 things. It's a dot and it's on live (See the high amount of PvP Power).

One thing is sure, that something is not right. I'll have my guesses on it ignoring resilience as a 50k tick is rather ridiculous imo.

edit: just checked recount from my guilds warrior, seems he hits 30k, crit 60k average in full PvE gear with multiple hc pieces including weapon. 50k is just nuts in PvP.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-20 at 08:51 AM.

Because client and server can disagree on timing, something like what Yvaelle said is the most likely. The value is VERY similar to a resil-ignoring dot, which is a known bug with spotty effects. The events could have been:

1)- You won the duel. A part of the server knew this, but the clients didn't- and it's possible that the combat daemon didn't either yet.
    2)- There was a DOT tick. The combat daemon checked your status and saw you weren't in PvP combat, and either the same or a similar bug occurred.
    3)- You took the damage, and the client caught up and told you what happened with the duel winning, and the part of the server (remember shit is crazy threaded over there) that understands those statuses finally wiped your duel debuffs as in normal at the end of a duel.

Yes it's a bug, and yes, it's just what deep wounds hits for- without resil.

It's interesting that resil basically chops by 1/3rd damage taken. It makes for a rather surreal experience, honestly.