Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If they get this right, it will make for the second seige champion in the game that I can think of.
    Which one is first?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    There is nothing wrong with his playstyle. If you think the fact that not many people play him is reason enough for the rework then they should be reworking more than half the champions in the game by the same reasoning.
    Exactly. I find "Xerath rework" as an "We don't have many champion ideas, so we gonna refresh old ones now" which will destroy experience and fun of those who play them, but oh well, who cares abour a few % player, right? Masses matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Which one is first?
    AP kog maw is seriously a siege champion. You are way far back hurling artileries. Poking the enemy team down/getting them out of position all while saftly practially across the map. Kog is my favorite mid character.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

AP kog maw is seriously a siege champion. You are way far back hurling artileries. Poking the enemy team down/getting them out of position all while saftly practially across the map. Kog is my favorite mid character.
    Aaaah, true. I and my bro play AP Kog mid from time to time, most of the teams say "report kog for troll" until they notice that it wins

10+ Year Old Account
    AP Kog was brought up a few times as the better siege caster by Morello, which is all the more reason to rework Xerath to fit his intended role. He is supposed to be a siege caster, yet is outplayed in that role by an off-build.

And AP Kog is a good example of what Xerath should have been. He can sit back and damage you for days, between W, Q, and R. Unless your getting dived hard, no one should be able to reach you. Kog isn't going to burst anyone down, he is gonna sit back and cut away at your health with his spells. Xerath doesn't do that. He waits behind everyone, throwing out some W > Qs until his ult comes up. Then his 100-0 bursts someone and goes back to poking. That's not siege. In fact, it's almost exactly like how Lux plays.

Now quite sure how you see AP kog as an offbuild since it is now and always has been equally viable to the regular AD build. But, Kog does not out siege Xerath as Kog OOMs himself in less than a minute if he spams is ult enough to be considered sieging. Also, AP Kog can outburst a lot of regular AP champions..... So I am not really sure what your overall point here is suppose to be. Also, Lux is a pretty badass siege champion too with all of her high range poke.

I am thinking we have very different ideas of what sieging in LoL entails. If you think it means sitting there slowly poking and forcing them to go back and heal then you are wrong. Sieging is simply supposed to either force a fight or kill a turret, nothing more or less. Any champion with long range poke does this, and the majority of them can nuke a moron who has bad positioning. Look at AP Nidalee, best siege champion in the game with only a single long range attack. An attack that can 100-40% even some of the tankiest champions in the game and can 100-0 squishy APs and supports in a single hit. But because she does so much damage on that one single attack I guess in yrou mind that makes her not a siege champion at all? I dunno.
    I'm guessing by 'off build' he means an alternative, presumably less popular one (Xerath has no real alternatives), not necessarily a weaker one.

The way you're using it, siege is no different from poking.

Still, why touching Xerath while http://www.lolking.net/champions/ (click "Popularity" to sort by it) soo many champs are behind and also soo many close to him in popularity. With soo many champions, there will always be many under 3% popularity.

Siege and poking are pretty much the same thing. Utilize long range to whittle down the enemy team in order to kill a turret or force a team fight. There is no difference between the 2 in high ELO. Maybe in low ELO they mean different things, but then again that is why some people would be in low ELO.
    No they aren't, I mean the words mean completely different things. While I will agree that they are similar siege is long range sustained damage while staying clear of getting damaged yourself. Poke just like the word implies is not much damage many times at a range that is not melee also is susceptible to counter attacking because the range is not that far.

Think SC2 Siege tanks vs. reapers.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

No they aren't, I mean the words mean completely different things. While I will agree that they are similar siege is long range sustained damage while staying clear of getting damaged yourself. Poke just like the word implies is not much damage many times at a range that is not melee also is susceptible to counter attacking because the range is not that far.

Think SC2 Siege tanks vs. reapers.
    I think it's futile to any longer argue that definition of poke, for since Nidalee's spears are considered poke, the not much damage component of your definition goes out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poking in LoL is very close to sieging, he's not wrong. When I think poke, I think Nid spears or Normal Ez Qs. Single ability, deals it's damage, then your safe for a bit till the next poke comes in. Easy(ish) to dodge and countered by heavy sustain.

Sieging I see as constant damage. Ez Qs when he goes blue build only with multiple spells, not just the one. Imagine Xerath as he is now only instead of dropping Locus after one Q, you stay in Locus and weave ults casts (which would be W post-rework) and AA "bombs" between them. Constant damage from long range. Not enough to 100 - 0 them, but enough to force them off an objective or out of a fight.

The latter is my understanding of how Xelnath is trying to rework Xerath.

True siege? Triple Karthus' cast range and spam bombs. Constant dmg from far away. This is what Xer will be, but having 3 skills at once.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Not a big remake, they are changing his R to be the attack the roots him in place, and the ability that did root him in place is now his old R ability but it will instead have charges similar to akalis ulti.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 01:27 PM ----------

Its a single swapping of ability, not exactly a rework. And yes he worked fine, but he did not feel great , his play style was rather awkward tbh and this change will fix that with little to no effort.(out side of the many balance whines it will generate in the first week or two)
    Well, then hes atleast viable !
    I didnt like the old him, nice, good range and all, but lacked so much utility/dmg, its was

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize, even with the remake, Xerath will still nuke people 100-0 if he waits for 3 charges right? This is how he will end up being played thus the changes change nothing but to make his early game more dangerous and harder to shut down.
    Only it's only two charges and much weaker since it's no longer his ult. If he can still 100-0 burst people post rework, Xerath would be incredibly unbalanced.

LoL =/= SC2[COLOR="red"]
    Analogies are complicated huh?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I guarantee you he will be bursting people 100-0. If he can't, he won't be played as much as he is now, which will only lead to more buffing/remaking.
    I wasn't aware he was such a popular pick at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    I wasn't aware he was such a popular pick at the moment.
    What he means is that Xerath's pick rate will go negative.

I didn't think it was that hard to understand. haha. Thanks for clearing that up.
    I guess what I meant to say is "I don't think I ever see Xerath picked at all these days", but then one person's experience is by no means objective. ^_^

Funnily enough I ended up getting Xerath in ARAM the other day. 64% magic pen was too much for my enemies to handle, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does not surprise me as they recently stated xerath being the 2nd least payed mage despite his good win ratio

Deleted
    Xerath is one of my favorite mage champions in the game, so I hope that the rework will make him better. The downside is that he will probably become mainstream, and one the advantages of playing Xerath is that many don't know what to do against him. Also if he's too good he might get banned or picked in every game so I can't pick him.

Xerath has been a design failure even during his own beta - riot was warned by beta testers of this, but they ignored the warnings as to not waste resources.

Currently Xerath offers mediocre damage, almost no crowd control, no self defense, no mobility and ZERO team support/utility.
    In short, he is worth absolutely nothing.

Hopefully their rework of Xerath will make him less useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would rework Quinn a bit.