Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Abattoir View Post
    Our guild is by no means hardcore, but is currently 12/12 norm and would have been a little further if we had not made the decision to change from 10 to 25 man just after the start of the tier which meant teaching/gearing/getting to know new members.
    I heal as Resto along with, usually, another druid, a Holy priest, a pally and a shammy and tbh so far I cant see what all the whining is about. Maybe once we start hitting the harder HC modes I will but up until now all 5 of us have been taking turns topping the meters depending on what fight it is and never is anyone so below the rest that I've though it was due to the spec being broken, usually its just down to that fights mechanics or someone having an off day.
    Our new buffs will be welcomed but really I don't see why theres so much hate. If your only priority is topping WoL then your not playing the game right.
    Your Paly just suck. Holy Priest are worst them resto druids. Shamys should be ahead of you for most fights too.

Quote Originally Posted by Abattoir View Post
    Our guild is by no means hardcore, but is currently 12/12 norm and would have been a little further if we had not made the decision to change from 10 to 25 man just after the start of the tier which meant teaching/gearing/getting to know new members.
    I heal as Resto along with, usually, another druid, a Holy priest, a pally and a shammy and tbh so far I cant see what all the whining is about. Maybe once we start hitting the harder HC modes I will but up until now all 5 of us have been taking turns topping the meters depending on what fight it is and never is anyone so below the rest that I've though it was due to the spec being broken, usually its just down to that fights mechanics or someone having an off day.
    Our new buffs will be welcomed but really I don't see why theres so much hate. If your only priority is topping WoL then your not playing the game right.
    You're not even into heroics.
    So it doesn't matter, all the specs can do decent in a casual normal mode 12/12 level, you could top meters as a MM hunter, arms warrior, sub rogue on 5.2.
    The inbalancements matter on heroic, when bringing a resto druid over another disc or holy paladin would be shooting yourself on the foot for no reason.

If you arnt getting out healed by the disc or pally, then its not you doing amazingly well, its them doing amazingly bad, an average disc priest should always out heal a resto druid hands down!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,

I'm new on these forums, have been following the discussion for a while, but just decided to register to give my 10 cents.

I have been playing since EU release and druid since TBC/WotLK. Rolled Resto /Moonkin for MoP for our 10 man setup, which was kinda new thing for me since I've never played healer as main. I have played countless healer alts though. Nowdays we have T15 11/13 HC, with me healing as the third healer, next to Disc priest and Holy Paladin. I play Moonkin only on Horridon and Lei Shen.

I think the main problem with Resto Druids is that the incoming damage is way too bursty for us to handle. Of course our hots are strong, but they usually just fill your overhealing, since smart heals snipe all the heals before hots can affect, and their healing is just plain random. On a fight like Tortos HC, Resto Druids shine, since they can just blanket rejuvenation on everyone and fill people's shields over time. Also Absorbs are kind of a proactive heal, which also effectively increases the target's max hp.

Compared to other classes, Druid is just clumsy at healing. Mistweavers do same things better. Shamans bring great AoE area heal, are the best single target healers and have powerful raid cd's. I think I don't need to explain why Paladins and Priests are better.

Lately I have been thinking about rerolling and our raid leader approves this to keep the raid competetive. Probably will reroll another disc priest, since not only does it heal better, it also brings significant amount of extra raid dps. It's not like druid is a bad healer... it's just not competetive against other classes. Also since I play dps occasionally, Shadow Priest brings about the same amount of dps as a Moonkin and same buffs. It also has raid heal utility that doesn't need to be channeled and dispersion for soaking high damage.

I love my druid, but hate to play a class that is underpowered and thus hinder our progress. If 5.4 brings some significant changes to Resto Druid (which I strongly doubt) maybe I don't have to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazer View Post
    Hello,

I'm new on these forums, have been following the discussion for a while, but just decided to register to give my 10 cents.

I have been playing since EU release and druid since TBC/WotLK. Rolled Resto /Moonkin for MoP for our 10 man setup, which was kinda new thing for me since I've never played healer as main. I have played countless healer alts though. Nowdays we have T15 11/13 HC, with me healing as the third healer, next to Disc priest and Holy Paladin. I play Moonkin only on Horridon and Lei Shen.

I think the main problem with Resto Druids is that the incoming damage is way too bursty for us to handle. Of course our hots are strong, but they usually just fill your overhealing, since smart heals snipe all the heals before hots can affect, and their healing is just plain random. On a fight like Tortos HC, Resto Druids shine, since they can just blanket rejuvenation on everyone and fill people's shields over time. Also Absorbs are kind of a proactive heal, which also effectively increases the target's max hp.

Compared to other classes, Druid is just clumsy at healing. Mistweavers do same things better. Shamans bring great AoE area heal, are the best single target healers and have powerful raid cd's. I think I don't need to explain why Paladins and Priests are better.

Lately I have been thinking about rerolling and our raid leader approves this to keep the raid competetive. Probably will reroll another disc priest, since not only does it heal better, it also brings significant amount of extra raid dps. It's not like druid is a bad healer... it's just not competetive against other classes. Also since I play dps occasionally, Shadow Priest brings about the same amount of dps as a Moonkin and same buffs. It also has raid heal utility that doesn't need to be channeled and dispersion for soaking high damage.

I love my druid, but hate to play a class that is underpowered and thus hinder our progress. If 5.4 brings some significant changes to Resto Druid (which I strongly doubt) maybe I don't have to reroll.
    Well mate we all Have same kind of issue and we are yelling to Dev Teams to look into instead of Buffing Mushroom rather than Change in mechanic

Deleted
    You know, if efforlescence healed 4 people smartly, instead of within a crappy 10 yard radius, id be quite happy with using my druid, i can do really competitive HPS on *most fights ..
    However on fights where we are constantly spreading, such as Jinrokh (ez yea but still) half our main heal is being tossed out the window.

Druids utility isnt bad, its especially lovely on fights like magaera where we are constantly cramped together, however other classes also benefit from this, and dont need such a tight packing to utilise their healing spells, therefore overall they are much better. It is frustrating, because i have been healing on multiple classes since wow was released, but specifically druid, and found that there is always something much better that does roughly the same thing (we blanket raid wotlk, disc priest blankets raid with shields, we have powerful hots in mop, other classes have equally powerful hots which have nice BURST healing attached to them, such as monk with uplift)

Blizzard need to re-design how we create our healing in future if they want to do burst damage encounters consistantly, or make mushrooms work exactly like treants do for moonkin now (which btw are excellent, used em on tortos heroic, they work lovely on adds, however the swiftmend from the new resto treants surely cannot outheal a swiftmend/wildgrowth sotf combo....) in where they have a small cooldown timer but can explode for X amount of damage to anyone in X yards from the druid, providing burst utility and keeping our "on the move" healing style.

Whatever the weather, i will still keep using my druid - the new meta gem has played into our hands beautifully and gives us a good ability for blanketing, however we need that burst and efficient spot heals to compete

Our raid's druid did much better tonight, I'd definitely say it's "more fair" at least.

One thing is that it seems the biggest contribution to druids being there is Tranquility. Which is good because druids are at least able to compete on the charts. However, what concerns me is druids basically revolving around Tranq, and hence being left with a sloppy remaining toolkit using that as an excuse. (almost sounds a bit like Cata)

Now you know how a RShaman feels when their top 3 heals will be healing rain, healing tide totem (their 3 min CD), and healing stream totem.

The similarities between the class healing styles are edging towards each other.

Deleted
    i disagree, druids are not revolved around tranq at all... tranq is normally 4th or lower on my healing... and even if it is 3rd it will still only be around 10-15% of my total healing.

Around 40-50% is normally rejuv, then 10-15% is WG, 10-15% is mushrooms, then comes tranq.

on fights like magaera, shrooms will destroy tranq in healing, especially now with the buffs

I've got no arguement that druid is bad... it has good throughput... its just the class's ur combined with makes it bad (pala/priest)

i think its a little unfair that a monk does everything a druid does... just better... but hey, wot can u do!