Thread: Dual Wield UH

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Dual Wield UH

So my alt DK received two 528 1H when I was using the 496 Axe with no Sha-touched gem. Due to this upgrade I'll obviously have to play frost which is a bummer because I enjoy UH more, especially since the patch. I know Blizzard has stated that DW UH is not viable but my question is why? What hinders DW UH so much? Is there one big reason that prevents DW UH from doing decent damage, or is it a multitude of little problems?

New to the class, was just curious.

no abilities use your offhand weapon, unlike frost

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So my alt DK received two 528 1H when I was using the 496 Axe with no Sha-touched gem. Due to this upgrade I'll obviously have to play frost which is a bummer because I enjoy UH more, especially since the patch. I know Blizzard has stated that DW UH is not viable but my question is why? What hinders DW UH so much? Is there one big reason that prevents DW UH from doing decent damage, or is it a multitude of little problems?

New to the class, was just curious.
    Every Unholy ability is based off of Main Hand weapon damage ONLY. Dual Wield Frost is only viable because Frost has a passive that lets their offhand contribute to Frost Strike and Obliterate. Even then, assuming same ilvl on weapon choices, Dual Wield Frost in ToT is weaker than 2h Frost and Unholy.

sudden doom procs are normalized, so same amount with a 2h as with 2 1hs, your strikes scale only off of main hand wep damage. not viable at all to dw UH

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    no abilities use your offhand weapon, unlike frost
    Basically this. There's no benefit. You get more white hits, but the only thing that Unholy can proc off hits doesn't proc with offhand hits anyway (Sudden Doom).

No benefit, lots of loss in weapon strikes.

It worked a long time ago, but not for very long