View Poll Results: Do you think this was rape?

Voters
610. This poll is closed
  • Yes, i do think it's rape - no means no.

107 17.54%
  • I'm undecided, it's not very clear and it's a large grey area.

128 20.98%
  • No, this isn't rape and the women is ruining the mans life.

375 61.48%
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    And yet, she ruined his life.

What a jolly world we live in.

Deleted
    A minute of rape is still rape, just because he stopped after that does not mean it is ok.

As a person who hates cheaters.

She deserved what she got, and much worse.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-05-20 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    A minute of rape is still rape, just because he stopped after that does not mean it is ok.
    But going to jail for it is going too far. It's not like he was a sexual predator.

Honestly very situational but depends how she said stop... I know thats very arbitrary but he didn't seem to do a lot wrong if he kept going for a minute without realising she was super serious. He was drunk so probably wasn't paying the most attention, and she was too so her memory of it may be less than perfect. She didn't appear to be very forceful if she just said stop but let it go on for a minute. She ruined this guys life for 1 minute of drunk sex where he probably didn't realise he was doing very much wrong at all.

Plus he did apologize for what happened (I know sorry doesn't cut it w.e) but again I raise they were both drunk and he did have consent initially, totally think this woman just ruined someones life for very little being done
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    As a person who hates cheaters.

She deserved what she got, and much worse.
    You might want to re-read. It was the single friend who had this happen.

I wasn't into it from the start, and about 5 minutes in I ask him to stop. He didn't.
    This is the only part that is relevant. He didn't stop, ergo rape (non-consensual sex). Consent isn't a binding contract until the entire deed is done: people are allowed to change their minds.

Yes, she showed poor judgement. Yes, she made mistakes. No, that doesn't excuse what was done. It was rape.

Personally, if I had some sort of say in how the matter progressed, I'd not want charges to be pressed assuming the guy was genuinely remorseful for what he had done. He did indeed stop at some point, and apparently apologised... So assuming he was actually remorseful and showed genuine guilt and wanted to make reperations, I'd keep it out of the courts.

Ultimately, it's her choice though. She's the victim and she had every right to press charges if she felt that to be the best course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    ps. If its true... I hope she does really get raped one day.
    Wow, that was incredibly unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asked to stop + did not stop = rape.

pretty simple.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I agree with you rich, it wasn't fully clear on why he stopped - but i think it was the crying/ panicking part that made him realize what he was doing.

Because she did *ask* him once, and he didn't stop.

I wonder: for 5 minutes what they were doing was totally fine, and suddenly from 1 second to the other it feels horrible? i mean even if she didnt like it anymore for whatever reason i cant see why she would suffer from it if it continues for a few seconds more. i dont think she did anal and her ass got wound or somethin...
    i had telefon sex with a girl a while ago and she was afraid while doind it and said no and i dont know and so on all over but i knew she didnt mean it and she was horny. its not always as black and white as people think.

Technically it fits the definition of rape, but it surely doesn't sound or seem like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    That's called rape dude.
    He stopped after a minute.

I'd say it's iffy at best. Weren't they both drunk?

Deleted
    Just another note to people,

Please don't post comments stating you're hoping the women will be raped again, it's unfair, unnecessary and just plain cruel to all victims of sexual assaults.

I've reported the most clear cut dreadful comments i've seen - so just try and keep it civil in your responses.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    After 5 minutes? She changed her mind... seriously.
    NOT A RAPE. Stupid bitch made the guys life a nuisance for 2.5 years.
    Its such bitches who should be locked up in jail.

ps. If its true... I hope she does really get raped one day.
    You hope she gets raped... I really wish people would actually learn how serious the things they say are. You honestly wish for someone to get raped? You're a terrible person, or just an incredibly immature child.

It's rape by legal definition: she did not consent, therefore it was rape. She is the victim of a crime, therefore she had every right to press charges. If someone is taking a baseball bat to your car for 1 minute, then stops, do you say that's ok? Not a crime, he only did it for a minute!

Besides: how many seconds does someone have to stop fucking someone after he or she said no? 1,2,3 ? its kind of dumb to say its immediatly rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Anowyn View Post
    You might want to re-read. It was the single friend who had this happen.
    Feel like a jerk now.

A friend (Sam) was just proposed to by her at the time boyfriend

Well then, lol.

It is rape. Worth someone going to jail over? not really. The woman is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Technically it fits the definition of rape, but it surely doesn't sound or seem like it to me.
    True, technically fits as rape but the raper should not be seen to "justice" and jail time for it. I seriously think this is an honest mistake.

If she says stop quietly whilst loud music is pllaying but proceeds to lay there and not assist in stopping him, is that rape?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

This story is misleading. You let him have his way for five minutes, said stop to someone on the 6 minute mark and he did stop when he thought it was real? That's not rape, you cant mess with his head like that and expect a full 180 in a second. The girls a whore. If you're going to make some many mistakes you know are your own and he still stops even after you mess with his head, if anyone raped anyone she raped him.

She also needs to pull her head from her ass and realize every choice has consequences. She should have left with whom he came with, the second she stayed was like scream to him "I have interest in you.."

Im going to get to the meat of the question here in a moment. But I wanted to point out that you asked for an intelligent and mature conversation. Then when someone points out the part of the story they feel is sufficient to give a definitive (from their point of view) answer you respond with
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'm not saying it isn't, if you felt intelligent enough to read further - but alas you didn't.

(I view it as rape the moment either partner doesn't want to continue in said activity but the response on Reddit was so diverse i wished to post it here, and see the reactions/ views.)
    Might want to reconsider your expectations.

As for the question. According to the law it has all the elements it needs to be rape in my state. The mutual consumption of alcohol doesn't excuse the continued sexual conduct after she asked him to stop.

However, in my mind I don't have enough information to give a definite answer of my opinion without concern for re-victimizing this girl if she'd ever stumble on this forum.
    Last edited by zeekphreak; 2013-05-20 at 02:58 PM. Reason: clarification
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.