Deleted

Fel flame to refresh dot

I’ve read somewhere that if you cast an immolate with a strong proc or cooldown like dark soul you should refresh it only with fel flame for the rest of the fight so immolate will tick with that extra from the procs for the rest of the fight, is that true?

No, whenever you refresh a DoT(-s) with Fel Flame it will update the DoT with your current stat values, it doesn't prolong the buffs you had when applying it.

Edit: Install and use the add-on AffDots to help tracking DoT powers, you'd also notice what the current power of Immolate is before and after casting Fel Flame. Basically, the add-on shows a percentage based on what your current DoT-power is at. If it shows 100 then the DoT is at the same power as it would have if you re-apply it, if it is at 50 then it would drop down to 50% of the damage it currently has if you re-apply it and finally if it is at 150 then it would gain 50% damage if you re-apply it.
    Last edited by Clevix; 2013-05-20 at 06:24 PM.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krenail View Post
    I’ve read somewhere that if you cast an immolate with a strong proc or cooldown like dark soul you should refresh it only with fel flame for the rest of the fight so immolate will tick with that extra from the procs for the rest of the fight, is that true?
    that information is like 2 years old, does not work that way anymore

The only time I ever use fel flame to fresh my dots if at a 10 stack of wushoolays so I can refresh all 3 within the 2 second window if I don't have an extra shard to burn