View Poll Results: Will WoW's graphics ever improve?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Yes, activision will make them more life like

2 25.00%
  • No, they will continue to be outdated and ugly

6 75.00%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Will WoW's graphics ever improve?

I don't think I have ever known of anyone within the last 2-3 years that would call wow cutting edge graphically. Since activision seem content to allow wow to stay pre-2010 in their graphics does anyone think that they will ever improve?

I wouldn't call WoW's graphics "cutting edge." I wouldn't call WoW's graphics in 2004 "cutting edge."
    Activision doesn't have anything to do with World of Warcraft.
    The graphics are constantly improving as expansions come out. MoP Graphics definitely > BC graphics.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Graphics have been improving each expansion.

WoW will never be Warcraft/Skyrim hybrid. Its just not the style.

Flawed poll is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    I don't think I have ever known of anyone within the last 2-3 years that would call wow cutting edge graphically. Since activision seem content to allow wow to stay pre-2010 in their graphics does anyone think that they will ever improve?
    wow isn't the type of game you play for the graphics and never was.

10+ Year Old Account
    It lies in part to the graphical style - cartoon - and the engine of WoW and that part won't change. To be honest, I don't play WoW for the graphics (the sharp the better I know) and so you should too. Why Minecraft and tons of indie games with retro graphics are so popular? Graphics are not everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    I wouldn't call WoW's graphics "cutting edge." I wouldn't call WoW's graphics in 2004 "cutting edge."
    Activision doesn't have anything to do with World of Warcraft.
    The graphics are constantly improving as expansions come out. MoP Graphics definitely > BC graphics.
    Yeah the company that owns the division that develops wow has nothing to do with them.

Genius.

Deleted
    Improve to the extent that it means the majority of the player base can't run the game? No. That would be silly. Much like the limited options on this poll. WoW's graphics have always been improving but just about the absolute worst business decision that Blizzard could make would be to pour resources into getting the game to the level of say, Guild Wars 2, only to find that half of their player base can no longer run the game to an acceptable level.

Many of these new and "pretty" games are corridor or tunnel based MMOs. Even the aforementioned Guild Wars 2 doesn't have as large a seamless world as WoW and instead tries to trick the player by presenting lots of little rectangles to play around in. I'd personally rather have slow, incremental, graphic updates and an expansive world to explore.

Deleted
    I only hope the Old models get new ones....Also a Revamp of all creatures with new models so everything is nice and shiny

I believe wow still has potential,And its not dying.

Yeah the company that owns the division that develops wow has nothing to do with them.

Genius.
    Activision doesn't own World of Warcraft.
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard.

Genius.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Graphics have been improving each expansion.

WoW will never be Warcraft/Skyrim hybrid. Its just not the style.

Flawed poll is flawed.
    Virginal neckbeard is virginal

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2013-05-22 at 04:21 PM.

I like the style of WoW. I don't want it to change.

But I do want the new updated models.

Well I am a neckbeard, but I am not a virgin.

Kudos on you though, you've exposed yourself and this thread as the pointless dribble I thought it was.

Maybe make a poll that actually covers the number of differing opinions. Its not my fault you can't see all sides of a point.

Deleted
    The graphic design of WoW's new content it generally top notch. Technically wise it never will since then their market would drop due to fewer not being able to meet the systemrequirements properly. That part also gets updated with each expansion.

Deleted
    Activision has virtually no influence over WoW's design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh aren't you mature.

Wows graphics are fine. I love the art style of wow. Sometimes i find myself staring at the beautiful landscapes of Pandaria for minutes at a time.

WoW has never been cutting edge graphics wise which allows for a wider audience to play the game as not everyone has the money to upgrade their computer every year.

Deleted

Genius.
    Since Activision is not the developer, then that doesnt have much to do with it since Blizzard has been proven sucessefull doing their thing. Its the same with Disney distributing Pixars movies. You wouldnt call Pixars movies a Disney movie unless you're clueless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compare the graphical quality of something from Classic to something from MoP. There's a very noticeable improvement. Even between Wrath and MoP, there's some obvious graphical improvements.

If you mean updating old models to newer ones, that depends. We already know the player models are being updated. I don't think it'd be worth the development time to redo a lot of the older models for NPCs, though, or buildings and stuff, unless they're going to be used in newer content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not even going to vote in this flawed poll.

Activision will still exist as a subsidiary owned by Activision Blizzard...
    Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. ... is currently a subsidiary of American company Activision Blizzard.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment
    /rainbow /star