Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    On that particular note, it kind of does mean that considering they're are not even in the same relevant industry.

Multiple companies subject to PRISM is irrelevant because its like a sunk cost in marketing. They could have signaled the initial value with customer choice or incentive but Microsoft business decision was all about restrictions and no value. That's all the kinect will ever be.
    Kind of reminds me of internet explorer 6.
    You dont know what thier entire plan was becuase we will never get to see it since all the internet crybabys qqed after the little information from e3. We will NEVER know what they had in full store regarding future game prices, Digital download prices, ect. Since after 2 weeks of internet crying they backed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    Microsoft collaborated to deliver encrypted user data to nsa.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ta-to-nsa.aspx

You're a bad consumer if you buy an Xbox One, plain and simple. Mindless sheep are still mindless if they don't care that they are being spied on 24/7.
    Too far. I can't convince myself to overlook this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You dont know what thier entire plan was becuase we will never get to see it since all the internet crybabys qqed after the little information from e3. We will NEVER know what they had in full store regarding future game prices, Digital download prices, ect. Since after 2 weeks of internet crying they backed out.
    Its comments like that is why people keep calling you out on the bullshit you keep saying.

It was not "internet cry baby's crying" it was people standing up for what is right and not dealing with the anti-customer bullshit Microsoft was trying to pull. Sorry I pay $$$ for a game it belongs to me the only exception is MMO's because while I did buy the game to play it I must play on there servers therefor its there game. Unless every single game coming out for it is a MMO then that rule dose not apply to them and I should be able to play it offline and while I'm taking a shit if I want to.

By the way the internet was up in arms for longer then 2 weeks the XboxOne Reveal happen almost a month before E3 and the change happen around 1 1/2 months after the Reveal. Microsoft made the change because they seen the system was not selling and if you think reserves don't mean anything you really are clueless.

You keep calling me and people like me a fanboy when we are far from that. We just refuse to deal with the bullshit the company's try to feed us and I hate to bust your bubble and I know you won't believe me but people like you who defend a brand to death is what makes the market so shitty because they know no matter what they do that "Loyal" fan base will still buy it and it dose not matter if its a console/game/movie/car or anything in the middle.

Fine you like something whatever but to call those who don't cry baby's and fan boys just makes you look like a idiot. Unless they was going to pull a Steam with there DRM there was no good way this was going to turn out and that is the problem with DRM. Always Online DRM is bad it add's more links to the chain that can be broken. At lease with steam after I download the game I can go into Offline mode and play it forever it just require's being online once unlike the original plan for the XboxOne.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because what they were showing wasn't worth it. If they had gone into their longterm plans of why things like the daily checkin were important and what the benefits would be both in the immediate future, and long down the line, they would have done better. But between the initial reveal and the E3 press conference, they've had one of the most colossal communications failures in recent years.

People complained because the benefits that currently were being discussed weren't compelling enough for the additional restrictions being included. Hell, they couldn't even provide a compelling argument for the daily checking beyond, "It will keep your system up to date!"

And yup, every time people complain about something they're always crybabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its comments like that is why people keep calling you out on the bullshit you keep saying.

It was not "internet cry baby's crying" it was people standing up for what is right and not dealing with the anti-customer bullshit Microsoft was trying to pull. Sorry I pay $$$ for a game it belongs to me the only exception is MMO's because while I did buy the game to play it I must play on there servers therefor its there game. Unless every single game coming out for it is a MMO then that rule dose not apply to them and I should be able to play it offline and while I'm taking a shit if I want to.

By the way the internet was up in arms for longer then 2 weeks the XboxOne Reveal happen almost a month before E3 and the change happen around 1 1/2 months after the Reveal. Microsoft made the change because they seen the system was not selling and if you think reserves don't mean anything you really are clueless.

You keep calling me and people like me a fanboy when we are far from that. We just refuse to deal with the bullshit the company's try to feed us and I hate to bust your bubble and I know you won't believe me but people like you who defend a brand to death is what makes the market so shitty because they know no matter what they do that "Loyal" fan base will still buy it and it dose not matter if its a console/game/movie/car or anything in the middle.

Fine you like something whatever but to call those who don't cry baby's and fan boys just makes you look like a idiot. Unless they was going to pull a Steam with there DRM there was no good way this was going to turn out and that is the problem with DRM. Always Online DRM is bad it add's more links to the chain that can be broken. At lease with steam after I download the game I can go into Offline mode and play it forever it just require's being online once unlike the original plan for the XboxOne.
    I didnt call you a fanboy in that post. Get off it.

All i saw after e3 was complaining. Despite the console being 5 months away and next to no information but the little that was put out at e3 being available people were unwilling to wait to hear more about the new system and immediatly decide and bitch. Its like seeing a 2 minute preview for a movie then going on an escapade on how the movie is shit and how you think it should be. Sorry but those 2 weeks after e3 was some of the biggest qq and pointless bitching iv ever seen based on that. now IF we had had a full picture instead of just a portion then i wouldnt be saying this but again we knew next to nothing.

Too far. I can't convince myself to overlook this one.
    Are you going to stop using the other services that did exactly what MS did? No you wont.

Note: Zeta should not become a lawyer. Your "legaleaze" is not good.

All i saw after e3 was complaining. Despite the console being 5 months away and next to no information but the little that was put out at e3 being available people were unwilling to wait to hear more about the new system and immediatly decide and bitch. -snip-
    ...the idea is to NOT make mistakes before the release.

Also note it was not the complaints that changed things... it was the pre-sales of the Xbox One. If it was the complaints, they would've changed things 3 weeks after Adam Orth "Left".

If your favorite soft drink company announced they were adding untested/untreated rat urine into your favorite beverage to "enhance the flavor to make it unique, would you simply wait to try it out BEFORE you raise an eyebrow and say "Hold up... I'm not sure if I want untreated rat urine in my drink"?

10+ Year Old Account

All i saw after e3 was complaining. Despite the console being 5 months away and next to no information but the little that was put out at e3 being available people were unwilling to wait to hear more about the new system and immediatly decide and bitch. Its like seeing a 2 minute preview for a movie then going on an escapade on how the movie is shit and how you think it should be. Sorry but those 2 weeks after e3 was some of the biggest qq and pointless bitching iv ever seen based on that. now IF we had had a full picture instead of just a portion then i wouldnt be saying this but again we knew next to nothing.

Are you going to stop using the other services that did exactly what MS did? No you wont.
    The problem with that is not with the information they didn't provide but with the info they did. That's why people raged. To use your movie trailer analogy, imagine a movie of a popular movie franchise was announced, you get all hyped for it, you eagerly away for the trailer to come out, you've waited several long years for this tiny glimpse of the this movie series that you hold so very dear and close to your heart....and then the trailer shows the movie as a completely different genre to what it used to be. Instead of being an action sci-fi series set in space, the trailer now shows that it is a movie about NFL. Instead of showing you an awe inspiring vista of futuristic worlds it shows you the stats screen of a fantasy football league, and then a clip of how you can watch something else whilst watching the first movie.

That's why people were all "QQ" (as you put it) about it. Forget about the controversial DRM, the always online functionality, the ever watchful, always listening Kinect and the fact that Microsoft were known (as early as 2011) to have no compunction over handing over the personal data of its users...forget all that and boil it down to the core product, the game console itself...and what did its reveal actually reveal? Nothing. What did it have to show at E3? Well, I remember a lot of pre-rendered trailers and a couple of games running on tricked out PCs, I don't happen to recall seeing many Kinect titles during their conference though...hmm, probably a wise choice but what does that say about their confidence in it???

You seem to be operating under the misguided belief that anyone saying anything against Microsoft is a "crybaby" or simply "pointlessly bitching" for the sake of it....Look, it's great that you like Microsoft, it really is, but you're just coming across as being contrary for the sake of being contrary, playing God's Advocate for Microsoft. They're far from infallible, and they fucked up big time here, that's why they've changed their policies. Not because of internet outrage but because sales aren't what they expected. Something for you to consider, Windows 8 has been out for just under a year and they're still just only getting around to putting back in features that they'd removed after sales had been mostly terrible....think how badly the Xbox1 must have been doing in terms of pre-order sales to change it's entire concept five months before it's even released.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

SNIP
    So you're saying people should just pay out over £400 on a console, despite knowing it's pros and cons because it might be better at the point of release?

And you're right, not enough information was given out at the reveal (you know, the place where you REVEAL the thing you've got), so people asked for more info. And when they were given it, they all said they didn't like it.

You're as bad as the people that were posting about FF14 before it released for the first time. Don't worry guys, it'll get better next beta! Don't worry guys, it'll be better at release! Don't worry guys, it'll get better after the first patch! Thankfully it has gotten better after tottally re-designing the game. Which is almost exactly what Microsoft has had to do with it's console.

Expecting anyone to spend any amount of money because of "good will" and past performance from a pervious console, on the hope that i'll meet your expectations is absurd.

What would you use as an excuse, if Microsoft had said the exact same things as they did (always online, no trading games, family share etc.), but the console came out 1 week later? What magical shining white-knight defence would you have come up with, to tottally support a company that you may or may not get paid to defend (and if you don't get paid, then why are you sticking up for Microsoft?), if people had said "Jeez, this console sucks balls! They're not going to change this within a week, i'm buying a PS4!"

Now, Sony could suddenly go "Haha, syche! Thanks for the pre-orders suckers, we're blocking trading games and the PS4 will be always online!" but that's doubtfull. Microsoft had no plans of changing their goals. They wanted a walled garden, with their rules. It wouldn't matter if Microsofts stance on how its console will work was revealed 6 months or 6 days before you can buy it, people had legitimate and personal concerns, let them be known and Microsoft (thank Hell), responded.

Dismissing peoples concerns about always online, no trading, having to use Kinect, being spyed on etc. as "bitching" or "cry-babying" shows such a miniscule amount of empathy it's un-true. Don't play that "Well if you only earn 2 dollars a month you shouldn't be buyin' one!" card, the second you reveal to the world a product, anyone and everyone WILL have an opinion. If you can't back up that opinion with enough spin or reason to convert people to your cause, you're doing it wrong.

Analogy time! Microsoft is selling coffee, Sony is selling tea. Out of 100 people 90 of them want tea as that's what they're used to and only 10 want coffee because they'd like something different. Microsoft is clearly selling the wrong product, to the wrong people, despite how much profit they WANT to make from selling coffee. Right now it feels like Microsoft is shouting "Hey, look, we've made our coffee taste just like tea! See, that's what you wanted, right?" without realising that fusing them both together still tastes like crap.

All i saw after e3 was complaining.
    Because shockingly, the already unpopular aspects were still there and Microsoft continued to do a poor job communicating the important aspects of the console.

Despite the console being 5 months away and next to no information but the little that was put out at e3 being available people were unwilling to wait to hear more about the new system and immediatly decide and bitch.
    Yeah, people were bitching about what they knew. They're not going to simply sit around and twiddle their thumbs till launch to hope that Microsoft releases more info. They're going to be vocal about the things they like or don't like. This is nothing new. This is why communications plans are supremely important. Because if you're not ready to answer tough questions, defend your product, and make a compelling argument for it, especially when there will still be unknowns about it, then you're doing it horribly, horribly wrong.

Its like seeing a 2 minute preview for a movie then going on an escapade on how the movie is shit and how you think it should be.
    It's like seeing a preview followed by the director outlining the rest of the movie, but nothing about the outline of it is compelling at all.

Sorry but those 2 weeks after e3 was some of the biggest qq and pointless bitching iv ever seen based on that. now IF we had had a full picture instead of just a portion then i wouldnt be saying this but again we knew next to nothing.
    Microsoft sucked at communicating. So they took aspects that they knew wouldn't be popular (daily checkin, no more disk based play etc.) and didn't bother to focus too much about why those decisions are a leap forward and why they consumer benefits far more from it compared to the traditional setup.

The fact that they didn't bother to outline any kind of plan for the console at E3 to address concerns and provide a roadmap for the future was a huge failure on their part. People bitched because they didn't like what they saw. It doesn't matter that they didn't see everything, but it matters that what was shown wasn't to their liking.

Yeah, Microsoft is getting a lot of undue hate for that one. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not happy all those companies (Yahoo, Google, Facebook etc.) shared the info and all, but Microsoft is getting hit especially hard without them doing anything out of line with the aforementioned companies.

But that's what you get when you make some unpopular decisions that cause you to fall out of favor with consumers. They'll perceive things more negatively no matter what.

First off I wasn't saying you did in that post but every time I turn around you are calling me or someone else a sony fanboy.

Second I have done stated if Sony/Nintendo or anyone else did the same stunt that MS try'ed to pull I would be pissed at them as well. I do love how you ignore a lot of what others say and then try to put words in there mouth.

You want to know why MS is getting heat for the NSA crap over google/yahoo ect... its because of the choice's and bullshit they did before it. Ya I know no company is perfect and lots are greedy assholes but the thing is at lease when Sony/Nintendo/Google try to fuck me they buy me a drink first take me back to there place and show me a good time when Microsoft try's to fuck me they treat me like a low class hooker they fount in a back ally.

I think edge above me said it best.

Everytime I turn around you are calling someone a fanboy or a cry baby at the same time yelling about those who yelled about the shit Microsoft pulled.

Pot meet kettle.

Now I am personally done speaking to you because its clear where you stand.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-13 at 12:34 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    but again we knew next to nothing
    And yet we didnt see this from PS4, because it wasn't that we didnt know anything at all, it's just that what we knew was so poorly communicated, especially as what they did tell us was so damn restrictive and breaking from the norm that it needed to be explained better. This is not bitching or crying over nothing, we knew a hell of a lot, unfortunately what we knew just wasn't explained in anyway appropriately, alongside the usual conjecture and rumour mongering, and the PR with twitter (deal with it) and backpedaling was embarrassing and unhelpful in allaying any rumours, I do not know how you can come up with such nonsense. M$ sucked, it was the worst gaming reveal in the history of gaming, and has been judged accordingly.

So you're saying people should just pay out over £400 on a console, despite knowing it's pros and cons because it might be better at the point of release?
    I think anyone that reserves a game console with as little information that was put out at e3 and NO RELEASE DATE is a moron plain and simple.

Expecting anyone to spend any amount of money because of "good will" and past performance from a pervious console, on the hope that i'll meet your expectations is absurd.
    I dont expect anyone to spend any money. I simple expected people to wait to hear more like even a fucking release date before loosing thier minds over shit thats 5 months out and will proboly change before release.

Because shockingly, the already unpopular aspects were still there and Microsoft continued to do a poor job communicating the important aspects of the console.
    One trade show and interview is barely communication.

Yeah, people were bitching about what they knew.
    And they knew jack shit as jack shit had been said about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeta, did you pre-order your Xbox one? Just wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think anyone that reserves a game console with as little information that was put out at e3 and NO RELEASE DATE is a moron plain and simple.

I dont expect anyone to spend any money. I simple expected people to wait to hear more like even a fucking release date before loosing thier minds over shit thats 5 months out and will proboly change before release.

Zeta, take those blinkers off, you're starting to look like a zealot. We had plenty of information, and we had plenty of communication, not just one trade show and one interview, stop while you're behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand not liking Microsoft or the XBOne because of certain features and I appreciate people are free to voice their concerns & criticisms and not just post positive opinions but I've seen the same two or three people do nothing but slam it for more than 150 pages of this thread, iterating the exact same points dozens of times each and I'm curious as to why? Doesn't so much resemble a discussion as it does some urge to convince people their entirely personal and subjective opinions are wrong.

I'm not 'hating' as the youths say and not necessarily asking anyone to stop, just find it strange not getting bored of rewriting the same post repeatedly over the course of 150 pages .

Just for transparency's sake I won't be getting one and think it's pretty poor from what I've seen so far.

You mean a reveal, a ton of interviews, a subsequent press conference, and even more interviews? Their communications strategy was absolute shit. There's really no way to defend their complete communications failure.

And that's the fault of whom? Microsoft. Not the consumers, who were reacting to the information they had access to, but Microsoft, who gave them said information. Consumers will react to whatever information is given by companies. So if companies give shitty, unclear, contradictory information, consumers will react accordingly. That's not the fault of the consumers, but the fault of those giving the information (in this case Microsoft).

Really now, it seems like you're intentionally trying to pretend that Microsoft aren't the ones who fucked up and are trying to place all the blame on consumers....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...d3b64812000025

Interview with Marc Whitten (Xbox One chief product officer). Family sharing likely to return after the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...d3b64812000025

Interview with Marc Whitten (Xbox One chief product officer). Family sharing likely to return after the release.
    That is good but I got one question.

First off I am not trying to flame bait or anything with this question.

The question is If family sharing is likely to return after release what was the real reason for the DRM setup they try'ed to do because at first they said it was put in place so they could do things like family sharing and all but now it seems it was not needed so what was the real reason?

I'm sure I know the answer to the question but felt like asking it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is good but I got one question.

First off I am not trying to flame bait or anything with this question.

The question is If family sharing is likely to return after release what was the real reason for the DRM setup they try'ed to do because at first they said it was put in place so they could do things like family sharing and all but now it seems it was not needed so what was the real reason?

I'm sure I know the answer to the question but felt like asking it anyway.
    We don't know yet how they will implement the family sharing. If they give us a choice to say you want family sharing you need a 24 check in and if you don't you can play always offline. The DRM and every day online checks seems to be something that prevents people from exploiting these features or whatever. I wonder what your answer is to that question?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    We don't know yet how they will implement the family sharing. If they give us a choice to say you want family sharing you need a 24 check in and if you don't you can play always offline. The DRM and every day online checks seems to be something that prevents people from exploiting these features or whatever. I wonder what your answer is to that question?
    The answer I figured it was is that the DRM was not needed from the start.

Don't get me wrong if they give everyone family sharing that is great but it also proves they where lieing when they said the DRM was needed to do it. At the start of it all they gave reasons to why the DRM was needed and now it is really starting to show those reasons was BS.

Don't take this as me taking a shot at Microsoft or anything because that is not my intent I am just pointing out that everything they said before the DRM change was pure bullshit and even now they are proving that to be true.

But in the end the gamer dose win because there won't be the DRM and they will still get that and other things.

The best of both worlds.