The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Exactly this. Also Xbone DOES have a relea date and has since E3. PS4 doesn't have a release date yet but they were still creaming Xbox in presales. If you really think that doesn't mean anything you know absolutely nothing about business.
    Lol you clearly know nothing of business, just because they didn't say the exact release date means nothing when it comes to pre-orders, they said it would be in the holiday season so everyone knew it would be very close the Xbox release, SO it's a pointless comment to make that it's somehow better just because they didn't have an exact date-.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol you clearly know nothing of business, just because they didn't say the exact release date means nothing when it comes to pre-orders, they said it would be in the holiday season so everyone knew it would be very close the Xbox release, SO it's a pointless comment to make that it's somehow better just because they didn't have an exact date-.-'
    I think that was his point because Zeta made the comment the Xbone didn't have a release date so its preorders meant nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rylangel View Post
    I think that was his point because Zeta made the comment the Xbone didn't have a release date so its preorders meant nothing.
    Well the quote of his i replied to said how PS4 doesn't have a release date and still out pre-ordered, which ofcourse means nothing, But ofcourse that's the problem with how this forum handles quotes, things can be written differently if you follow the entire thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    This just in,

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...tising-in-Mind

I mean. Really?

You would think with the disastrous unveiling that they would try to "butter up" their potential customers ... nope, dig that hole deeper.
    Even when they're trying to save their skin they still end up shooting themselves in foot.

But despite all this I still feel like the vast majority of the people who own/plan to own consoles either aren't keeping up with the current info or just will flat out not care about it once they're released.

While pre-orders are obviously an indicator, people should putting so much emphasis on them since the actual number of consoles sold within a few months of release far FAR outnumber the amount of pre-orders made.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They recanted the DRM becuase the community at large didnt like it. Saying its becuase of shit presales is retarded as they never said that was the reason and you have no way of proving its the reason.
    Let's take a gander at the timing. Between unveiling and E3 they were getting pummeled by negative feedback and articles. Following E3, the popular sentiment hadn't changed. It wasn't until after a week of pre-orders that a change was made, and during this time every publicly available measure was showing the PS4 obliterating the Xbox One in terms of overall pre-orders. The popular consensus between analysts, journalists, and pretty much everyone else is that the change was made in direct response to this more than anything else.

Of course they're not going to say, "We're removing the bits people are complaining about because we're not selling enough consoles." That's going to earn them no popularity points. They're going to do what any company would do and use the most positive angle, which is the angle of listening to consumers and responding to their feedback...and in this case the feedback was the low number of pre-order sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I'm not sure where you got that from. It's not better because it doesn't have an exact date. It's better despite not having an exact date.

My knowing nothing about business comment really had nothing to do with the release date though but rather that presales does have an impact on a companies decision. I'm sorry if I worded that in a way that wasn't clear.

This just in,

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...tising-in-Mind

I mean. Really?

You would think with the disastrous unveiling that they would try to "butter up" their potential customers ... nope, dig that hole deeper.
    People get the wrong idea of what MS means when they say advertisements. the second they hear the word, they cringe at the idea of some stupid life insurance company that pops up before you watch a video, or some popup window asking you to try the newest laundry detergent that cleans stains best. It's not that type of Advertisement. It's simply showing you related content on the dashboard that you MAY be interested in, it could be advertising a new season of the walking dead since you've every season before, or it could be letting you know when a double XP weekend of COD is going on since you've played 20+ hours of Ghosts last week. You are getting the wrong the idea about MS 'forcing' ads down your throat with popups and you're over-exaggerating. Gaming is a community with news, events, and reveals everyday and the only way people find out about them is if MS puts one little icon on your screen and you wanna cry about it. if that's the case, you should just stay in your home and look at the same basic "startptions:quit" screen because heaven's sake you're actually interested in something being advertised
    This is what I get from that article, look at the xbox 360 dashboard now there is maybe 1 ad now which isn't even an ad but an redirect to an informative page about the whole cloud thing or something. What you see is blocks with recommended games/dlc/sales and music/movies/apps in their own category.

Serious I feel like a lot of people just come here to only bash the xbox one/Microsoft. Well good for you, we know you will buy a ps4 but if you only come here to bash then please leave this thread because you bring nothing to this discussion. Stop this fucking circlejerk it is already going on for far to long, you don't like the xbox one or MS well thanks for stating your opinion but we get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    This is what I get from that article, look at the xbox 360 dashboard now there is maybe 1 ad now which isn't even an ad but an redirect to an informative page about the whole cloud thing or something. What you see is blocks with recommended games/dlc/sales and music/movies/apps in their own category.

Serious I feel like a lot of people just come here to only bash the xbox one/Microsoft. Well good for you, we know you will buy a ps4 but if you only come here to bash then please leave this thread because you bring nothing to this discussion. Stop this fucking circlejerk it is already going on for far to long, you don't like the xbox one or MS well thanks for stating your opinion but we get it now.
    It seems like some of you only want to praise it despite obvious problems. There's plenty of discussion to be had and it doesn't all have to be positive.

It seems like some of you only want to praise it despite obvious problems. There's plenty of discussion to be had and it doesn't all have to be positive.
    xD xD It becomes more and more clear why it's called Xbox1. This is not a gaming console anymore. It's TV Box with camera and mic that tries to feed you as much bs as you can stomach for $500.
    I'm trying tho think of the time I bought a console that had avertisements touted as one of the epxeriences....still havent thought of one, first time for everything. Just as the xobx was on the up, they throw this out there...its comical.
    So LOL! At 11.33 mins in when angryjoe asks "it must be very simple to disable the 24 hour online check in?" and this fucking douche grabs his mic and says "I'm sorry, are you on the development team?" In a gesture like "STFU moron! Your feeble brain can't comprehend how difficult it would be to do that!"

Couple days later they 180 the decision and turn off the online check just like that LOL!
    So what I got from this is Microsoft wants you to pay 500$ for there console 60$ a year+your time Warner cable cost to watch tv on your XboxOne.

My cable just switched from "Insight" to Time Warner and its cost is around 150$ or so a month that is cable/phone/internet so overall you are paying a little over 700$ at first cost and around 170$ a month "if you pay for xbox live monthly" to watch tv on your XboxOne.

also it seems you will not get all channels just around 300 or so of them 300 is a lot but there is tons of movie channels and all that it seems you won't get at this time.

Is it just me or is that really stupid.

Also as it stands right now Time Warner may be the only ones working with Microsoft to do this. So if you got something like dish network you may not get to but that can change.
    I can quote a lot more people stating their opinion over and over again because they don't like the xbox one or ms. The only one praising it is zeta. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/ was worse 10 days ago but they finally stopped the circlejerk. But I guess I should not care it just annoys me sometime.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-29 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    I can quote a lot more people stating their opinion over and over again because they don't like the xbox one or ms. The only one praising it is zeta. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/ was worse 10 days ago but they finally stopped the circlejerk.
    I can quote you praising, or at least defending crappy business practices too

This is the Xbox One discussion thread. Not the Xbox One discussion discussion thread. Keep things on topic please.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    This is the Xbox One discussion thread. Not the Xbox One discussion discussion thread. Keep things on topic please.
    but but but...if its not the xbox one discussion thread what can we discuss :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure where you got that from. It's not better because it doesn't have an exact date. It's better despite not having an exact date.

My knowing nothing about business comment really had nothing to do with the release date though but rather that presales does have an impact on a companies decision. I'm sorry if I worded that in a way that wasn't clear.
    Ok Either I'm reading this wrong or we are both saying the same thing lol, I was saying how the fact it has no release date doesn't matter, like you say, it has better presales either way, the release date doesn't come into it, Or am i reading something wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    WTF #@*@(#FKS..........

You do know comments like that are what cause's universes to explode right? Is that even a rule it makes no sense at all. Its like the chicken or the egg comment.

If you talk about the XboxOne discussion thread you are still on topic because its in the XboxOne Discussion thread talking about the XboxOne.

So really your comment makes no sense because talking about the XboxOne Discussion thread inside the XboxOne Discussion thread breaks no rules to sum it up....its nit picking.

I do get the point if you saying it tho its just odd sounding lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-29 at 08:14 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I can quote you praising, or at least defending crappy business practices too
    I don't think I praised MS or Xbox one but you can look it up I guess. I know the console and MS got both flaws and most of the time I try to explain or you can say even defend something that get thrown around on the internet. Say like claiming every demo on the E3 from microsoft was running on high end pc's.

yea sorry but some posts lately were not bringing anything to this discussion IMO. This post too so I just go cry in a corner now.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    PS4: 18 unified compute units (1.84 teraflops)
    vs
    360: 12 compute units (1.2 teraflops)

Pretty clear who the winner is here. Not by a small margin either.

PS4: 8GB GDDR5 (176GB/s bandwidth)
    vs
    Xbone: 8GB DDR3 RAM (68GB/s bandwidth) plus 32MB of ESRAM (102GB/s)

More work for the developers as they have to move data in and out of the ESRAM for processing with the small size of the said ESRAM limiting things that could be done - not to mention the limitations of the 68GB/s DDR3 RAM.
    Wasn't the ps3 more powerful than the 360? Yet most of the games on the ps3 would only run at 720p... and every game (not found one that doesn't) runat 1080p on the 360... proving that power literally means fuck all.. if you don't know what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Wasn't the ps3 more powerful than the 360? Yet most of the games on the ps3 would only run at 720p... and every game (not found one that doesn't) runat 1080p on the 360... proving that power literally means fuck all.. if you don't know what to do with it.
    Yea I guess the ps3 was more powerful but it all depends on what the developer makes out of it. The console hardware stays the same but if you look at the graphics progression from the beginning of both consoles and at the ending of both. Games like Red dead redemption/Last of us/Max payne 3 which looked really good IMO.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-29 at 08:16 PM.

Both run most games natively at 720 and then upscale to 1080. The PS3 had a very slight edge in power, but the cell processor made it hell to take advantage of.

I remember a few games run natively at 1080p, but that's uncommon.

Power does matter. It also matters how effective you are at harnessing that power. And considering we know that dealing the ESRAM is more difficult than a single standardized block of it, it's not a stretch to assume that it will take quite some time for the full RAM to be effectively used in the Xbox One.

It's common knowledge that while stronger PS3 had unfamiliar architecture that most developers struggled to take advantage of. Both PS4 and Xbox1 are basically normal PCs in a box with PS4 being even less complicated than Xbox1 while being considerably stronger. I mean MS can talk about their cloud, but nobody knows what to do with it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - The Results - IGN Versus

Was the ign versus video you posted before the results to this lengthy survey?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...console-survey

Survey itself took like 30minutes to fill out, so I damn well wanna see the results!!
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2013-06-29 at 08:46 PM.