Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
    Yes, because it takes 10-15 minutes with a tank that's going slow. Wait, nope. Tank going slow usually means the dungeon is taking double or more time than is neccesary. You know why DPS say go faster? because they're used to tanks going faster, hrm what a strange concept! There's such a thing as bad, slow tanks? Who knew!
    If you assume a dungeon is going to take 20-25 minutes, and it takes 10, great. You assume it's going to take 10 and it takes 25 you're pissed off. It's just a matter of mindset going in. Not everyone wants to play the game at the same pace, so if they aren't playing at a pace you like, deal with it and don't be the faceless asshole. Your choice. Bad players are part of LFD, but bad players doesn't equal bad people. If you use the dungeon finder to put your groups together, the inherent 'risk' is you'll have to deal with people of different skill levels, different maturity levels and different personality types. If it makes your blood boil to do that, then don't use the system.

I use LFD because there's almost no way to wipe in there no matter how bad the players are and I don't care about how fast it goes. I won't go near LFR because I hate the group dynamic and don't find myself able to shrug of the raid wiping mistakes that happen. That's my choice.

My biggest gripe is the hunter/warlock pet taunt thing. I'll usually ask once or twice for them to turn it off, maybe 1 in every 5 will respond, otherwise as soon as the pet taunts off me I'll just leave that mob alone and go grab the next pack and hope the pet dies. Sometimes asking nicely just isn't enough.

On the flip side, the very first time I tried tanking ToES LFR, despite having read the dungeon journal, I still messed a few mechanics up while tanking and even though we got the kill, got votekicked after Lei Shi because apparently, I was "terribad". Didn't wipe or anything, just didn't pay close enough attention to stacks and the other tank died. I've also seen that kind of thing happen to other tanks when I've been DPS a lot, I feel sorry for the poor guys. Fail a taunt swap? Get votekicked. Go half afk as dps/heals? Faceroll to victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tank random dungeons. The more we pull, the better. If there are too many mobs pulled... I know I am not going to be the one dying. I have too many cooldowns for that to happen. Yesterday I tanked a LFD and got Jade Temple. The whole thing was done in 8 minutes. Near the end, one guy chimes in "I like this tank." That is my reward for running fast dungeons, besides me getting stuff done efficiently Also, who need a healer when you play a blood dk.

Deleted
    I usually try to pull fast and see how much the grp can handle. I don't wait for ppl going afk or babysit the grp, just focus on performing and pulling. I never have someone tell me "go", more often I get cries about going too fast.

As dps I may pull extra mobs to tank if it's just common sense to kill all together or if I know I can tank em given a healer heals me. I see completing a dungeon as a group effort, some tanks believe its their job and rest are just along for the ride, those people are just bad.

Indeed it's the lack of confidence and lack of being relaxed while tanking is the issue. You don't have the confidence to tank a lot or fast, you just don't have the fluidity to your gameplay, you're not relaxed when tanking. Some dps pulls mobs and it makes you frustrated coz not easy to get aggro.. People that are actually good don't feel the same emotions when tanking stuff as the tanks with low experience do.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    So you want me to spend all my mana healing your aggro hunger pet? Ok, don't bitch when I don't have mana to heal you, the Huntard....

Pets take a fraction of the damage as people. One small heal here and there isn't a problem if you are even half a decent healer.

Hmmm if you are talking about a pet that is tanking nvm. I thought you were talking about just in general.

Deleted
    I hate it when the healer is slow and gets mad because I'm running off when he's still over 50% mana. I also don't like it when I don't need any heals and so the healer just stands still instead of doing some DPS.

I also hate it when I pull an entire section (as in, corridor-boss) and open the damage meter to see the DPS doing 30k across 20 mobs.

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be tanking if you're not confident in your ability to make the run as fast as possible, and deal with potential lone-wolf DPS. The game (in terms of non-raid content) is no longer designed to be played slowly; CC is gone, hard trash mobs are gone, hard bosses are gone. DPS already have a huge waiting time to even get in the dungeon. Wasting MORE of their time because you don't know how to use cooldowns on trash while your healer gets a tick of drink off (if he even need to drink at all) just so you get to feel like the boss man is incredibly selfish.

With good DPS I encourage them to pull mobs for me; the quicker stuff is in combat, the quicker I can get it piled up for AoE. It only takes 1 hit to rip threat from a DPS these days.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-05-21 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinny View Post
    Don't take me wrong. My main is tank, and I love tanking more than doing anything else. But to address both of your points:

You are probably too slow for the DPS, which is frustration for them as well. If you can pull 2 grp together and you are only pulling 1, the instance will take almost twice as long.

Normally, if a DPS pulls, he normally plays a tank and simply does what he would have done to teach you how to get better. Don't take it negatively. I am never angry at DPS who pulls unless they pull so much that causes wipe...

EDIT:

Very simple math here:

Say there is an instance with 11 enemies. If the maximum number of enemies you can take is 10 (if all 11 are pulled, its a wipe). There are the following 2 cases where the DPS pulls more than you do:

1. you only pull 5, and the DPS pulls another 5 for you. You finish the instance almost twice as fast thanks to the DPS. You are the idiot here, and the DPS is the genius.
    2. you pull 10 and the DPS pull the 11th, causing wipe. You are the genius here, and the DPS is the noob.

These two cases are exactly what I was saying in my comment: "As long as the DPS pulls and does not cause wipe, he is a genius and you are a noob."

Just a point off topic.. This imho is what is wrong with 5 mans in wow. Its just a spam AOE fest. You might as well just have one mob per trash pull. Gone are the says of CC this and CC that. No strategy at all now. Just see how big a group you can pull and AOE it down.

On topic.. I hate it when you've just tanked for the past 3-4 hours straight. A person just logs on in guild and whispers or says in guild.... HEY! You come tank some 5mans for me. I just got on and ready to go. And complain that you aren't a team player even though you just tanked for the past 3-4 hours straight when they weren't online.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    OK new thread, what pissed, Dps, Healers, and Tanks that actually know what they are doing off???

You guessed it, these kind of Tanks^^

Newsflash, ppl aren't saying "go" or pulling trash to annoy you. They are doing so because they are bored out of their minds waiting 30 seconds between every pull for you to update Facebook (or whatever slow Tanks do while in an instance).

Pick up the pace or leave, nothing more annoying than Tanks thinking they are entitled to slow down the rest of the grp just because they are the Tank.
    Sometimes between pulls I will stop for roughly 8 seconds. Why? To let my runes get off CD so I can actually ATTACK the next group. This doesn't happen frequently as I try to plan ahead and keep blood tap ready to go for instant runes to Death and Decay with, but this is usually the only time I will stop unless the healer needs mana.

This is still too long for a lot of impatient DPS who love to pull on their own.....

If you pull it: you can tank it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Hunters/Locks who won't turn off taunt or use non-tanking pets. I no longer taunt and I allow the boss to kill the pet.
    I have been a tank ever since I started playing except when I came back for mid MoP. I rolled a hunter first and a warlock 2nd - I am constantly guilty of not turning my pets taunts off.. I have officially stopped playing them and am leveling a warrior.. I am not sure why I leveled them anyway.. I don't like pets or ranged...

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    I have two perfect recent examples of idiot DPS pulling. Guess what, it's the tank's job to pull, not yours. You want to pull, go roll a tank.

1st example, just zoned into the start of an LFD, guess what, I'm not in tanking spec or gear. I'm about to respec, moron dps starts pulling like it's their job, I can't respec, because idiots are being idiots doing jobs that aren't theirs.

2nd example, Oondasta, 2nd tank doesn't know his job or positioning very well. So I'm setting up raid markers from a safe distance on the ground to show him the proper positioning before I pull. Some idiot mage thinks he's doing the world a favor and pulls (from the opposite side of course, since that's where the DPS is supposed to be.) Naturally since Oondasta is not tauntable and is running away from my position, I have run to scramble to try and catch him, meanwhile all the DPS have already started in. End result? many people dead before agro and position are properly established, wipe. Because some dumb mage wants to be a tank.

These are the rules of the game, The tank pulls. The tank and healer set the pace. You are dps, you do dps, you do not pull, you do not determine the pace of the instance, and in the case of LFD, you are not needed.
    Whoa calm down... How long will that LFD take you with just you and a healer?

The only thing that bothers me when I tank (or anything for that matter) is consistent stupidity. If someone is causing the group to slow down or die consistently I get annoyed.. Otherwise I just go with it.. If DPS pull, so be it. If we wipe because someone does something stupid, so be it.. The only time I have expectations is when I am not in some form of random group..

Deleted
    I actually don't mind pet taunts that much and no-one has ever told me to go faster.

What annoys me most is how people won't let me pull multiple groups or won't let you skip mobs (especially annoying in GotSS and MSP).
    They think they're speeding things up by starting to dps as soon as I pull the first group but by doing so they achieve 1 of 2 things:
    -I have to stop running to get some decent agro on the first group before I can move on to the second group.
    -I keep running to the second group while the rest of the party gets killed or starts running in all directions.

If they would just keep running with me and wait with dps untill I pulled all the mobs it'll go a lot faster.

Minor annoyances:
    Frost nova
    The guys who will blame me for locking them out of bossfights when they decided to go afk right in front of the door.
    People throwing bombs on my head during the second boss in Niuzao Temple (I don't even think they're doing it to troll but they just genuinely don't understand what they're doing).
    People who will run ahead of me and pull when we are still fighting a trash-pack (I'm not kidding, I've seen it happen on multiple occasions).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Hunters/Locks who won't turn off taunt or use non-tanking pets. I no longer taunt and I allow the boss to kill the pet.
    I feel this one. Especially while leveling. At high levels I just let the pet die if they do it too much.

OP's 2nd point as well, one time I ran BRD and a dps pulled, I just let him die. What followed was some very colorful language I can see why it's annoying for them, but it's pretty condescending to see dps trying to make you go at a pace you (or the healer) might not be comfortable with.

I believe that communication is important here, but sadly it's been in decline since LFD came out... people just want to be in and out with no complications

Deleted
    Are you really all in such a hurry? What's the deal with waiting a few more seconds? Usually I consider those pulling dps or gogo people as rude. I fully understand that if dps have waited 10-20 minutes for a dungeon they wanna get done fast if they have something else to do. But couldn't it be said nicer than a gogo or a pull?

Note here I usually do fast pulls but sometimes I need to reply to an asked question, whisper or whatever. You can't influence those, nor can't you influence something rl going on like mailmen or important phone calls.

Would it break your pride to party chat something like: „Hey! I'm a bit in a hurry due to rl issues or incoming raid, … and underestimated the queueing time :-( Can we hurry up a bit please?“ instead of „gogo“? What do you think will create more positive resonance?

And even if the tank is a bit slower, not doing chainpulls, why do you want to push him? I usually don't push the below average dps people into more dps either and just let them come along.

I dislike LFD with none of my friends with me because it feels more like solo content with 4 other bots nowadays, especially when they can't even type a hi or whatever and when there is no way of real communication anymore.

What I even more dislike is those taunting pets and dks. I hate random dks taunting every time the taunt is ready not doing any dps. Or using unglyphed army. And I also hate good geared dps warriors charging on a boss pulling all cds and there is no way I could get aggro back for a long time.

Another thing that annoys me is when I try to masspull and some dps are focussing on 1 mob while they should clearly see that i don't stand on spot and attack it.

In heroics I heal, tank and do the dps as a mistweaver monk.
    I hate when the tank is slow and doesn't do his job.
    With that in mind, when I tank I pull as much as I can handle and the healer can manage, holds threat at everything and don't give a damn about if the dps goes afk.

Tanks are not suposed to stand at the entrence for 15 minutes, just check so everyone is ready and then just do your own race. And If you are a slow tanker, I hope for your sake I'll never be your healer :c

Deleted
    When someone thinks their wack but can't even pull 100k in a random HC.
    There's a limit to fun, my fun ends when I spend more time AoE tanking for your 40-60k DPS than we would have spent pack by pack.
    If the healer isn't good, it's probably not fun for him either.
    Last edited by mmocdd4fd472cb; 2013-05-22 at 08:04 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to my earlier comments about Trollduar LFR, I was proven right. I seem to remember a Dwarf Shaman pulling the Golem on the trash leading up Horridon whilst the other tank was AFK and about 14 of us dying because we still had a Spirit alive. Complaining I was pulling too slow, despite at one point dropping to 30k HP.

And also wipe on Council. People focused Sul and ignored Mar'lii who from Possessed went OP and exploded the raid.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

There are many things in this game that is annoying, but pet taunts must be the most..

Though yesterday I encountered some idiot DK in LFR. In a Magera fight he managed to use grip 13 times! Me and my other tank got extremly pissed at him, because he would grab aggro all the time.. And when we told him to stop (We actually managed to wipe, worst group I've had in weeks..), he got pissed at us and said we should be vote kicked for being bad tanks. This is actually the first time I've been glad I had recount, and could link it to the rest of the raid.
    He didnt get vote kicked however, but continued to do the same thing.. So I let him die, and the rage started. This time he however only used grip 9 times, so he was learning.

So yeah:
    1. Pet and non-tanks that taunts
    2. DPS that pulls (I just let those die)
    3. DPS that does no dps in LFR, making the fight last for ever. (As mentioned, that shit LFR yesterday, I was 3rd dps as blood dk with 69k dps..)
    4. Other tanks in LFR that taunts when ever they can, but not when they should because its on CD..
    And that pretty much sums it up for me I guess.

On the "Dps that tells me to 'go' in instances", never realy had that problem, as I just pull what ever I can see (DK tanking feel kinda OP at times, first tier I ever tried tanking ^^), and keep my self up with Death Strikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I only really have 2 problems in pug groups that can be annoying.

1) Hunters and Locks who don't turn off growl / threatening presence / unglyphed stampede. If the pet dies it's there fault, but I like all my threat plates to be the same colour so I know there all attacking me and not beating the crap out of one of the melee dps.

2) Challenge Mode style. This doesn't affect me since I run them like CM's when tanking, quicker and lots of vengeance so they die faster. But I let the group know before I start pulling, ask for no roots etc. This only bother's me when I'm not tanking on an alt, seeing player's run off ahead of the tank and then having to put up with them arguing for 10 mins about how they both suck because the tank is too slow. Not everyone has done CM's and run's them at that speed.

Body Pulls and Extra trash doesn't bother me. This is because I have a hunter and I love Barrage in 5 man's. If the tank moves and the mob follow's, Barrage can and sometimes does pull extra mobs. Accident's happen, I just pick them up when tanking and tank them. If I don't they'll probably go for the healer eventually.

Got to admit though. When Im tanking, 1 player will sometimes die in Scholomance. I love this 5 man. Can round up full rooms and LoS them around the corners ( Monk Transcendence ftw ). I do always say " LoS pull, stay here " but will occasionally get 1 player who didn't see chat then runs in and dies. It may seem like it takes longer but it's far quicker for rounding up caster's, which Scholo has alot of.

Pet taunting. Only so much in that I notice I lose aggro on a mob and then quickly trying to get it back only to realise a pet taunted it. I then ignore it. If it dies it dies ill get the mob back anyway.

Other than that no issues with tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado shanks View Post
    I love tanking first and foremost; however, some things annoy me.

1. When I'm tanking a heroic and someone simply says "go". I'm definitely being hypersensitive about this one, but there's just something really condescending about it for some reason.

2. DPS that facepull (I generally let them tank whatever they pulled)

Would love to hear what pisses other tanks off.
    pull faster then. we are near the end of mop when u can faceroll aoe dungeons. ive had 3 dps in a random group on my pally tank where they were all pulling over 80k single target dps.. and nearly 100k each in mobs. ran temple of the jade serpent and finished it in 8 or so mins. ive never seen a healer go oom, maybe a few times on druid healers but most are idiots that overheal spam and wonder why their oom.

as a tank the only thing i hate are hunter pets autotaunting. i can try and let them die, but most of them have so many survival skills or cds, or aoe protection that they wont die even if i afk for 10 mins on a boss. lfd bosses dont hit for shit anyway.

i love seeing dps facepull mobs for me, most of them are helping by doing over 120k dps. and if its a challenge for me to work for so be it. I had a dk with howling blast spam doing 300k in the shado pan mobs at the start.

the only other thing that annoys me is people who go afk at the start of a dungeon especially if their dps, like really? you just waited 15-20 mins for a dungeon to pop and u want us to wait another 5 because you chose to go afk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    OK new thread, what pissed, Dps, Healers, and Tanks that actually know what they are doing off???

You guessed it, these kind of Tanks^^

Newsflash, ppl aren't saying "go" or pulling trash to annoy you. They are doing so because they are bored out of their minds waiting 30 seconds between every pull for you to update Facebook (or whatever slow Tanks do while in an instance).

Pick up the pace or leave, nothing more annoying than Tanks thinking they are entitled to slow down the rest of the grp just because they are the Tank.
    Tanks are entitled to set the pace of pulling mobs, that is why they are the tank. Dps set the pace of killing them and healers set the pace of how quickly can you pull the next group. I'm just as entitled to slow down the group as the DKs spamming necrotic strike (or any similar such things from other classes) or the healer spamming Flash Heal/Flash of Light/Healing Surge/Regrowth/Surging Mists when everybody is at full hp. If you want to talk entitlement then you should start with the shitty dps who think they are entitled to determine how many mobs the tank pulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.