Thread: IRS Scandal

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    If you don't mind, I'll try to approach each one.

Birthers: by no means represent the opinion of many conservatives. It was a small small group that got a lot of attention from liberal media outlets, because it painted C's as morons. Birthers are morons, but C's are not.

Religion: I'm not sure how this could be a witch hunt tbh. I think it's an important facet to know my leaders religious beliefs, as it gives you a peak at the morals.

Benghazi: not a witch hunt. This would be a legitimate scandal. It's definitely a negative for the Administration as a whole. It deserves investigation so, at a minimum, our diplomatic posts in these regions are better protected, and reinforced when attacked.

Guns: I don't believe any investigations have been put toward Obama and the gun debate. It may of been used as a slogan.
    what i find funny these scandal deniers that feel nothing was wrong with what was done even after everyone including the IG report and the ones involved all have admitted there was wrong doing. they are no better then the Birthers

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    what i find funny these scandal deniers that feel nothing was wrong with what was done even after everyone including the IG report and the ones involved all have admitted there was wrong doing. they are no better then the Birthers
    What I find funny is Issa's tenuous-at-best knowledge of the Constitution. Of course, there's only 1 Amendment of the Constitution that radical conservatives care about, and even then they misinterpret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Lets be real here, this has nothing to do with Democrat/Republican. If anything, the only reason this is "unexpected" is because people don't think Obama is on the same level as Nixon, and that's only because of a good PR campaign.

Politicians are politicians; using the IRS to harass/prosecute people (political organization OR individual citizens) is nothing new or surprising. This will pan out into nothing - I've been tired of hearing people yell about impeachment since Clinton, Bush, and now Obama. It's a joke. The only thing you should take from stories like this is that the IRS sucks, and if there is a political group that supports dismantling/restructuring it, you should vote for them. (Ron Paul, for example)
    Oh, so we should just get used to corrupt politicians?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Why has there been no talk about implementing a flat tax system? It would essesntially eliminate all these problems with the IRS and ensure that big businesses pay thier fair share of taxes, which is what everyone wants right?

As soon as any sort of shooting occurs, the media is up in arms about the need for an increase in gun control. Why has the media not brought up the idea of a flat tax to reduce the chances of something like this occuring in the future?

Logically, it would appear to be the next step in solving such issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Saint 504 View Post
    Why has there been no talk about implementing a flat tax system?
    Cause it has nothing to do with tax exempt status.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It has to do with the IRS abusing their power though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Not to mention it's severely regressive.

Why has there been no talk about implementing a flat tax system? It would essesntially eliminate all these problems with the IRS and ensure that big businesses pay thier fair share of taxes, which is what everyone wants right?

As soon as any sort of shooting occurs, the media is up in arms about the need for an increase in gun control. Why has the media not brought up the idea of a flat tax to reduce the chances of something like this occuring in the future?

because the Flat Tax is a conservative idea and of coarse anything that conservatives advocate for is bad

10+ Year Old Account

All taxes are unconstitutional now that money is speech. The more money the gov takes from me, the less speech I have. This is a known truth.

15+ Year Old Account

No, no it wouldn't. See this is what happens when republicans drum up non-scandals. They waste tax payer money through these hearings, threaten civil servants on c-span, and then suggest their own crackpot "solutions" to a problem that didn't exist. 501 c 4's, if anything, should be scrutinized, especially after they spent over 200 million dollars in the 2012 election. They are not allowed to have any overt political position or campaign for anyone running for office.

Citizens United decision started this whole tax exemption questionnaire, flooding the Cincinnati IRS office with 70,000 applications for 501 c 4's. The wording in the tax law is vague as shit, and to try to have a semblance of enforcement and following the vague wording written by congressmen 100 years ago, they mailed a questionnaire to 300 groups with varying keywords. Some were conservative, some were liberal, some had absolutely nothing to do with politics, yet they were all GRANTED.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Not to mention it's severely regressive.
    I'm always curious why libs are against a flat tax system. It would ensure that big, bad rich people would pay more than lower income people. What is your reasoning to be against it?

And it is relevant in this situation, because people should be more concerned with not allowing something like this to happen in the future. I know getting rid of the IRS would reduce Government power, which people on the left are against; but it would reduce the possibility of something like this occuring in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Oh, so we should just get used to corrupt politicians?
    only democrat corrupt politicians
    If this was a republican administration liberals would be outside the white house with pitch forks torches and rope

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm always curious why libs are against a flat tax system. It would ensure that big, bad rich people would pay more than lower income people. What is your reasoning to be against it?

And it is relevant in this situation, because people should be more concerned with not allowing something like this to happen in the future. I know getting rid of the IRS would reduce Government power, which people on the left are against; but it would reduce the possibility of something like this occuring in the future.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The constitution enables the federal government to collect tax; so by abolishing the IRS you would need a different tax collections agency.

Nothing illegal nor unethical occurred. The IRS office was flooded with 501 c 4's after the landmark Citizens United decision, essentially making campaign funding/marketing essentially a legal money laundering loophole for campaigns.

because the Flat Tax is a conservative idea and of coarse anything that conservatives advocate for is bad
    of "coarse" it's been shown to crush anyone who isn't a millionaire, it's not that it's a conservative idea that makes it bad...it's just plain bad to begin with.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:57 AM ----------

If this was a republican administration liberals would be outside the white house with pitch forks torches and rope
    the partisanship is strong with this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are blabbering about things that have never happened. Why do you think both parties are upset? Do you think any politician wants to defend the IRS?

I'm always curious why libs are against a flat tax system.
    Fuck politics. Maybe you should be asking why economists are against flat tax systems.

Stop blabbing rhetoric and learn what effects flat taxes actually have.

It would have been quite interesting to see the reactions of the left had this occured during the Bush administration.

It would have been quite interesting to see the reactions of the left had this occured during the Bush administration.
    it did, but you never heard a peep. using the IRS against your political foes has been a practice going on decades now, but only NOW is it a "big deal"

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing illegal or unethical occurred, the IRS office was flooded with 501 c 4 applications after the citizens united ruling, essentially making this 100 year old tax law a legal form of money laundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Fuck politics. Maybe you should be asking why economists are against flat tax systems.

Stop blabbing rhetoric and learn what effects flat taxes actually have.
    Ok, tell me why a flat tax would be worse than the current tax structure in the country? You don't have to go into some long drawn out rant either. Just a simple reason why will be sufficient.