Thread: IRS Scandal

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You missed evidence.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 06:23 PM ----------

Vyxn by your own definition speculation requires incomplete evidence.

I'm still waiting for what evidence you have.

Means and motive and opportunity aren't evidence. Shit you have motive. Is that evidence you did it?
    I demand evidence that he didn't do it, because until then, he could have done it. Because speculating that someone could have done it until evidence is presented otherwise is how our justice system works damn it!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I demand evidence that he didn't do it, because until then, he could have done it. Because speculating that someone could have done it until evidence is presented otherwise is how our justice system works damn it!
    Unless you're Vxyn, in which case you cry to mods about how people are using this same reasoning to show all the crimes you might be guilty of.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So you admit that you're being unethical (I wouldn't go so far as to say immoral), but that doesn't mean you're going to stop.

Seriously, dude. You may want to get some perspective, or something.
    dont you dare try to take the moral high ground on me. your defending a president that wont call a terrorist attack for what it is. he is labeling it as work place violence and by doing so denying the victims and the families benefits that would be given if it was a terrorist attack, and he is doing it for political gains so he can claim no terrorist attack on US soil happened on my watch,

then we have him and Hillary bold face lie to the families of the Benghazi victims that it was caused by some you tube vid and locking a man up for making that vid for expressing his first amendment right and he is still locked up. so please stop this moral high ground bull shit

And stop with the Bias BS also every one has indicated their bias and using that bias in what they do, say, and the decissions they make. you included

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    dont you dare try to take the moral high ground on me. your defending a president that wont call a terrorist attack for what it is. he is labeling it as work place violence and by doing so denying the victims and the families benefits that would be given if it was a terrorist attack, and he is doing it for political gains so he can claim no terrorist attack on US sole happened on my watch,

then we have him and Hillary bold face lie to the families of the Benghazi victims that it was caused by some you tube vid and locking a man up for making that vid for expressing his first amendment right and he is still locked up. so please stop this moral high ground bull shit

And stop with the Bias BS also every one has indicated their bias and using that bias in what they do, say, and the decissions they make. you included
    No not really. Endus already said he doesn't like Obama on things. You are being very bias and backpedaling.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

dont you dare try to take the moral high ground on me. your defending a president that wont call a terrorist attack for what it is. he is labeling it as work place violence and by doing so denying the victims and the families benefits that would be given if it was a terrorist attack, and he is doing it for political gains so he can claim no terrorist attack on US soil happened on my watch,

Bringing up random accusations against Obama that have nothing to do with his post doesn't exactly scream "I HAVE A SOLID ARGUMENT"

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop throwing the truth in my face, it has a liberal bias.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    dont you dare try to take the moral high ground on me.
    Based on the arguments you've presented and in this post the outright lies asserted, he doesn't have to try to take the moral high ground. You've abandoned it some time ago. It's there for the taking. Nice try on changing the subject. It won't work.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    am i part of the justice system does my speculation influence the justice system dam i have more power then i think, you can speculate all you want because speculating is just that speculation it holds no weight, (other then mine according to you) i admitted that many times it is done for debate reasons
    me being upset about that malicious speculation was more to do with forum moderation bias then anything i was getting tired of the constant personal attacks and had to raise a big stink about it before something was done 12 hours later but if i or anyone in the right made those same types of attacks action would be taken swiftly

am i part of the justice system does my speculation influence the justice system dam i have more power then i think, you can speculate all you want because speculating is just that speculation it holds no weight, (other then mine according to you) i admitted that many times it is done for debate reasons
    me being upset about that malicious speculation was more to do with forum moderation bias then anything i was getting tired of the constant personal attacks and had to raise a big stink about it before something was done 12 hours later but if i or anyone in the right made those same types of attacks action would be taken swiftly
    Not to discusss moderator actions too much but I really think you're seriously underestimating the amount of leniency the moderators are showing you, even just in this thread. People (including a good few mods) have taken time to construct an argument, approached you on your level instead of talking over your head, tried their hardest not to sound condescending (pretty well I might add) when dealing with information that should be common knowledge to anyone attempting to participate in intellectually honest discussion and all you've done is thrown it back in their face and accuse them of bias.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Based on the arguments you've presented and in this post the outright lies asserted, he doesn't have to try to take the moral high ground. You've abandoned it some time ago. It's there for the taking. Nice try on changing the subject. It won't work.
    ok point to the lie im calling you out make your argument that I told a falsehood and prove it as much with facts and sources to those facts give me some evidence other wise you speculating which is fine but label it as much

I will give all of your a few hour to do so. i have things to do I will be back to crush your argument some more when i get back

15+ Year Old Account
    I will give all of your a few hour to do so. i have things to do I will be back to crush your argument some more when i get back
    Good that someone who gets his argument crushed on a daily basis might get to retaliate
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Civil servants shouldn't be allowed to invoke the 5th amendment when pertaining to the execution of their official duties. But, that's just me.
    And why not?

10+ Year Old Account

So your opinion is that because you are biased, everyone else must be biased and therefore their arguments questionable?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So your opinion is that because you are biased, everyone else must be biased and therefore their arguments questionable?
    yes it is why i ask for source on stated facts, i expect the same in return and it is why i post them when i state a fact or questioned about one

10+ Year Old Account
    dont you dare try to take the moral high ground on me.
    I'm not taking "the moral high ground". I was responding to this;

am I morally wrong to speculate in his involvement yes it can be concedered that i will concede to that and if you want to call the moral police on me feel free to do so
    You conceded that you were morally in the wrong. I thought you were being too hard on yourself, so mitigated that to just "unethical". Being less hard on you than you were is not "the moral high ground".

I was pointing out that if you know what you're doing is unethical, you should probably stop.

your defending a president
    I'm really not. I'm defending everyone's right to not be accused of wrongdoing without evidence. In this case, it happens to be Obama. If it were a Republican being attacked by Democrat pundits without any evidence at all, I'd take the same stance.
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-05-25 at 07:37 PM.

Deleted
    yes it is why i ask for source on stated facts, i expect the same in return and it is why i post them when i state a fact or questioned about one
    If you are making a claim and then someone refutes the claim it's up to you to prove your point, not theirs to disprove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then, it is my opinion that adopting a mentality where everyone is fraught with bias is ultimately unhealthy and leads you to discarding views that you would otherwise view as legitimate. It is a trap that many people on both sides of these discussion fall into, and it is the reason why compromise and agreement is so rarely reached across the aisle even on a national level.

“After consulting with counsel, Chairman Issa has concluded that Ms. Lerner’s Fifth Amendment assertion is no longer valid. She remains under subpoena,” Frederick Hill, communications director for Issa, said. “The committee is looking at recalling her for further testimony.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...fifth-invalid/

so i was right as usual, how many arguments did i crush with this one Endus is one of them People that are a lot smarter then all of us has determined that Lerner did wave her 5th amendment right by making that statement and now she can be charged with contempt of congress if she doesn't answer questions in the hearing
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-05-25 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark Basseley Youssef (take your pick on his name since he has apparently used many), the maker of the said video, was convicted of bank fraud in 2009 and placed on five years probation. Now I have no clue at all why he decided he needed a driver's license with a false name but he did and that's a violation of parole. So he makes a name for himself with his little 14-minute film, gets questioned by police who pick up the violation, and eventually gets sent to jail. The right is all up in arms about him being a political prisoner but doesn't seem to have a lot to say about the bank fraud and clear violation of parole. Except that he should apparently have been given a slap on the wrist and sent on his way...because we're all for law and order except when we're not. But the facts remain he was on parole, he violated that parole and was sent to jail for violating that parole. Anything else is just supposition and assumption. In any case he wasn't locked up for making the vid or expressing his first amendment rights. To say he was is a lie.

There are a ton of people in jail for a lot longer than a year for violating parole on minor drug charges. You violate parole and you're at the mercy of your situation. Sucks for him. He should have been more careful about his actions.

FYI: The characterization of the Fort Hood incident as workplace violence was indefensible and I'm happy enough that the President made some news in his speech the other day by terming it 'violent jihad'. I trust that the military will change that decision and make things right. You can blame Obama for that or you can blame Robert Gates (a Republican by the way) for that since he was in charge of the Defense Department. There's enough blame to go around. I suppose it's easy enough to fall back on "Well, the President is the Commander-in-Chief and could just have that changed" which is likely true enough except that doing that lays himself open to charges from people like yourself that he's behaving like a dictator if you disagree with the action. Right?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-25 at 07:43 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    “After consulting with counsel, Chairman Issa has concluded that Ms. Lerner’s Fifth Amendment assertion is no longer valid. She remains under subpoena,” Frederick Hill, communications director for Issa, said. “The committee is looking at recalling her for further testimony.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...fifth-invalid/

so i was right as usual, how many arguments did i crush with this one Endus is one of them People that are a lot smarter then all of us has determined that Lerner did wave her 5th amendment right by making that statement and now she can be charged with contempt of congress if she doesn't answer.questions in the hearing
    No you weren't right so you can keep your arrogant comments to yourself. Obviously the 5th amendment assertion wasn't enough which has nothing to do with Obama.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi