Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Judging by the rules, Religion / nation bashing are just a few of the topics that can't be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    I already said it's not a scientific subject. What happens when you die is pretty simple, from a scientific perspective. From a scientific standpoint, your consciousness simply ceases to be once your brain stops functioning. You consciousness is simply a product of your brain's functionality, without it there is no consciousness.

What you're asking for is a religious discussion, not a scientific one. It's generally very easy to figure out what happens to souls. Simply open up whichever religious text you belief to hold the one truth and read about it. For instance, in Christianity I believe your soul will go to either Heaven or Hell, depending on how you've lived your life. There's nothing to prove or disprove, because it's all already written down.

There is no point in asking science to prove or disprove religious phenomena. You'll simply have to accept the scientific explanation, or the religious one.
    And you have scientific proof to back up this claim of "your consciousness ceases to exist" do you? I mean actual scientific evidence and not what you think happens or what others speculate happens I mean substantial evidence of the world/dimension/zone your consciousness enters or does not enter when you die.

Show me evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    And you have scientific proof to back up this claim of "your consciousness ceases to exist" do you? I mean actual scientific evidence and not what you think happens or what others speculate happens I mean substantial evidence of the world/dimension/zone your consciousness enters or does not enter when you die.

Show me evidence.
    Based on what we know of our brain, and how it works, there is no reason to believe in life after death. Based on what we know about our brain, it's safe to say that nothing magical happens when we die, we just simply cease to exist. Nothing stranger than imagining all those billion years before you were born, really.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance