Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PvP More Enjoyable in 5.3

Tonight so far PvP seems far more enjoyable than before:

- I'm not dying instantly one on one even against someone with more gear. Skill is playing a factor and I've been able to take down people wearing tyrannical
    - The class roles is helping both sides be more balanced meaning fun battlegrounds where skill matters.

So far tonight I've played in 5 bg's and for the first time every single one has been a challenging struggle to win. Every time was close, and we lost a few, but the groups seemed evenly matched and not a single battleground was either a crushing defeat or a overwhelming victory.

What has everyone else been experiencing so far tonight?

Damage going around seems to be weird lol.
    Last edited by pkm; 2013-05-22 at 02:09 AM.

AFKing in Orgrimmar because 5.3 doesn't hit EU until tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

- I'm not dying instantly one on one even against someone with more gear. Skill is playing a factor and I've been able to take down people wearing tyrannical
    - The class roles is helping both sides be more balanced meaning fun battlegrounds where skill matters.

So far tonight I've played in 5 bg's and for the first time every single one has been a challenging struggle to win. Every time was close, and we lost a few, but the groups seemed evenly matched and not a single battleground was either a crushing defeat or a overwhelming victory.

im most excited about the more resilience and less power people will have. at the moment on live (eu) on my paladin with 65% resi and 400k health ive been killed by rogues in stun lock.

im looking forward to pvp next expansion aswell with what blizzard last night about CC and more DR on CC.
    dragonmaw - EU

Not playing but hoping it will improve the experience for those who do
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Gotten stomped in just about every BG I've done due to the other team having 4 healers and our team having 1 healer and 3 hybrid DPS queued as healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Gotten stomped in just about every BG I've done due to the other team having 4 healers and our team having 1 healer and 3 hybrid DPS queued as healer.

has this been a common problem for anyone else?

people raised this concern with blizard and they said they dont think it will happen. but people would do this if it meant quicker queues.

it cant be worse than live though, i got into a WSG once and my team had 6healers, had another one a while back with 7rogues, that one was fun.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    has this been a common problem for anyone else?

people raised this concern with blizard and they said they dont think it will happen. but people would do this if it meant quicker queues.

it cant be worse than live though, i got into a WSG once and my team had 6healers, had another one a while back with 7rogues, that one was fun.
    Blizzard actually said that they were aware that it MIGHT happen but its still better to have people queue as healers and have a chance
    to get a balanced matchup instead of just ending up with a team with no healers. I would probably agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It tries to balance them but it definitely isn't perfect yet by any means. We had a Temple where we had only 1 healer. We won

It tries to balance them but it definitely isn't perfect yet by any means. We had a Temple where we had only 1 healer. We won

I preferred the old queuing.

Edit: All 7 healers were actually healers, we lost 500-1600 because we never had enough offensive pressure to kill anything. The other team had 2 healers.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-05-21 at 11:27 PM.

Wrong, I still lose a lot of games, this is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeginNoslen View Post
    Wrong, I still lose a lot of games, this is bullshit.
    The question is how are you losing? Are you losing because people are making mistakes or are you losing because the gear disparity is so high everyone is being smashed to death? Are you losing after a hard-fought battle? You're not going to win 100% of your battlegrounds. Not winning =/= game isn't balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

but but but Darsiiiiii - I want to GLOBAL PEOPLE > <

10+ Year Old Account
    Still got globaled by dp + insanity. Burst is retarded as before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching livestreams on top rated arena players and all I've seen so far is ferals doing INCREDIBLE pressure combined with affl locks, resto shaman healing totem nerfed, rdruid mushrooms work like lay on hands and paladin divine protection bugged. Venruki is playing his monk atm and he did a 100k rising sun kick through barkskin. So yeah. IDK!

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Watching livestreams on top rated arena players and all I've seen so far is ferals doing INCREDIBLE pressure combined with affl locks, resto shaman healing totem nerfed, rdruid mushrooms work like lay on hands and paladin divine protection bugged. Venruki is playing his monk atm and he did a 100k rising sun kick through barkskin. So yeah. IDK!
    Cdew, Azaels and Venruki are destroying everything with WW Monk, UA Lock, RSham. Holinka tweeted that there were no intended nerfs with Healing Tide so it looks like that's just a bug.

Also as Illiterate said Shadow Priests still destroy everything with Insanity.

Honestly, i think pvp is more balanced, im now able to beat up disc priests (or at least touch one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    but but but Darsiiiiii - I want to GLOBAL PEOPLE > <
    i am going to miss this on my rogue if im honest.

nothing funnier than watching some pve hero jump around backpeddling in WSG, then me killing in a stunlock, gonna miss that.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i am going to miss this on my rogue if im honest.

nothing funnier than watching some pve hero jump around backpeddling in WSG, then me killing in a stunlock, gonna miss that.
    That works on full pvp geared heroes too tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    That works on full pvp geared heroes too tho

my rogue isn't geared enough to burst pvp geared players down that fast though :P some classes i can, but things like DKs just fuck me over everytime, they just go immune to stuns and then obliterate me for 120k
    dragonmaw - EU