Question for Durumu hardmode

I'm fire and I'm on ice breaking duty (obviously), would it make more sense to just continue on boss and spread dots to the other ice patches? Or just focus on the ice patches themselves?

Unless you're stacking shamans/locks i'd advice focusing ice, dying to the first 1 or 2 walls depending on the rng of which side it choses can happen quickly. By this point you should have enough gear to make the enrage easily, if not it's usually not dps that needs fixing. But doing life drain properly

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm fire and I'm on ice breaking duty (obviously), would it make more sense to just continue on boss and spread dots to the other ice patches? Or just focus on the ice patches themselves?
    If your raid can get away with you having lower damage on 1 icewall, your overall damage to all icewalls will help + the boss will help the encounter more if you just spread from the boss, but for example if you have 5 people dead in the raid and deathbeam is coming in a way that you need to go through, you need to dps the wall directly.

I combust the boss, impact immediately, find a wall segment on the assigned side that has combustion on it, then pillar off of that impacting the combustion / ignite with ~9-10sec left again, then go back to boss as dots and other people's cleave should finish remaining walls. This gives you combustion damage to anywhere from 4-6 wall segments.

You can also toss NT up on multiple segments if wall damage is an issue for your raid, but as fire it's not particularly optimal to do so.