Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bliz didn't make heroic scenarios to satisfy everyone, its there for people who enjoy a challenge and yes, it is a challenge even if you wrecked it in 13 minutes. Its certainly not as easy as the regular scenario and the rewards are better. If you don't like panda's then don't play them. If you dont like alliance then dont play alliance. If you don't like fishing don't do it but don't poo-poo people who do enjoy that content.

If you don't like it then don't do it and leave those who do like it alone.

Blizz keeps screwing up the non-raiding content, they added in challenge modes for 5 mans, but then took out any sort of gear progression from them - effectively killing them off for anyone besides guys taht want the transmog or have enough time on their hands (most that have a good chunk of time would prefer to put that time into gearing their toons up).

Now they have heroic scenario's, which have potential but from what I've heard they are a breeze too, they should've done the thing where it brings all of your gear down to 489, that way it'd actually be a legit challenge. If this appeases the casuals though and keeps the raids coming, I don't mind too much, but scenarios simply can't replace dungeons in terms of fun and mechanics IMO. The final nail in the coffin for 5 mans may have been placed with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the heroic scenarios although they are a bit of a challenge for me since my healing gear ilvl gets me in... but I'm dpsing in crappy gear. Had a few times last night when everyone managed to get themselves killed and I had to save the day in long drawn out fight or survival. Makes you feel more core to the success of the group rather than zerg zerg zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Blizz keeps screwing up the non-raiding content, they added in challenge modes for 5 mans, but then took out any sort of gear progression from them - effectively killing them off for anyone besides guys taht want the transmog or have enough time on their hands (most that have a good chunk of time would prefer to put that time into gearing their toons up).

Now they have heroic scenario's, which have potential but from what I've heard they are a breeze too, they should've done the thing where it brings all of your gear down to 489, that way it'd actually be a legit challenge. If this appeases the casuals though and keeps the raids coming, I don't mind too much, but scenarios simply can't replace dungeons in terms of fun and mechanics IMO. The final nail in the coffin for 5 mans may have been placed with this.
    By the next expansion tanks and healers will be phased out of everything but raids. Scenarios are the test. If they are successful, which they will be since people will feel forced to do them for the "loot drops" (I saw no loot all of last night), then there will likely be no more 5 man dungeons in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    By the next expansion tanks and healers will be phased out of everything but raids. Scenarios are the test. If they are successful, which they will be since people will feel forced to do them for the "loot drops" (I saw no loot all of last night), then there will likely be no more 5 man dungeons in the future.
    Yah seems to be the direction they are going in, it leaves me wondering though if they will try to find a way to phase out tanking or healing from raids as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I LOVE them. Here, I'll slow it down so you get how I really feel
    I L O V E T H E M !
    No more waiting, no more idkwtfIamdoingheals, no more iamgodbowandworshipthedogshitonmyboots tanks, just insta-pop and cap points. not that I am saying every heals and tank are like that, but in randoms it is often that way, and you know what? I don't even mind spamming trade for a few ppl to do it, it's a short wait, b/c again, no waiting for specific roles, AND I get to rekindle my servers social structure just
    {----} this much, and every little bit makes me smile, makes the ppl I party with smile, and I see them around the server later.
    THIS BUILDS COMMUNITY IF YOU AREN'T BEING A LOSER TO EVERYONE ALL THE TIME.
    What's to hate?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I like scenarios because

-I am a DPS and I dont need to queque for 10-15 mins
    -Some of them told an story or something about the lore
    -Some of them have something in the gameplay more than "tank get agro, healer heals, dps do damage"

Yes, I like scenarios

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    When you say demolished I bet you were also wearing 522 equipped iLvL? The Heroic Scenarios are designed for a group of people in 480/490 gear overall which if you wear gear like that then it is appropriately challenging. Just because you have more gear than the place require doesn't mean it's a joke. That's like saying your guild steam rolls Mogu'shan Vaults in your ToT gear and it's too easy.
    Couldn't agree more.

People nowadays expect everyone to have the same ilvl as they have, but the ilvl of each player is much wider from eachother, And if you got gear that is way to high for that kinda instance, well then ofcourse it's easy.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    I will put this right here...

Blizzard:
    It would have been nice to have more dungeons while leveling in Pandaria, as there wasn't enough variety. This is something that can be improved upon in the future.

Blizzard is here to add content, not remove it.
    A smart company never does such a thing, so don't say weird statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Scenarios in general are fun because they don't require balancing around class mechanics.

Essentially, you can't have a group wiping ability, because you're not suppose to have a tank, so the actual "boss fights" have a limited amount of room in terms of mechanics.

There are ways around this like in the "Blood in the Snow" where you have Moira constantly healing you so that you can increase the level of mechanics by having NPC assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

I feel like you want all non-raid content to be everything - if you want a challenge, you've got challenge modes. If you want loot, then you've got heroic 5-mans (which I'll admit, get obselete pretty fast), and now these heroics scenarios which have a chance to drop gear almost on par with normal mode raiding gear, but also give a huge amount of VP for time invested. So...what you really want is some truly challenging 5 man content that rewards you appropriately with higher level gear? So maybe like...a brutally hard 5 man heroic added with each raid tier that drops normal/lfr sort of loot? Not a bad idea...I imagine something like that would be pretty popular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    Anyone else feel like blizzard got lazy, They say everyone prefers scenarios, but every person I encounter in them hates them, and these so called heroic scenarios are supposed to be a bit more challenging, A few friends and me went in and demolished it in probably 13 minutes or so? I was just wondering what everyone else feels about scenarios over more dungeons.
    This is pretty much how I look at it:
    Normal Raiding > Heroic Scenarios > Scenarios > Gunshot to head > LFR/Heroic Dungeon.

Heroic Scenarios were not as difficult as I would have liked them to be, but they are still way more fun than regular dungeons.

Honestly, if it weren't for challenge modes, I'd rather they just phase dungeons out of the game and focus on scenarios. Especially if it means more raid content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Honestly, if it weren't for challenge modes, I'd rather they just phase dungeons out of the game and focus on scenarios. Especially if it means more raid content.
    Agreed. Scenarios reuse areas already in the game world, and I don't mind that at all. In fact I find it good for the area's to be revisited, it's a world that is supposed to be alive, you are supposed to revisit places, not just leave them behind once you've seen them.

Dungeons require loads of extra artwork to be made, to then be mostly left ignored and missed as the groups rush through them. In the case of scenarios, not only do you get more resources to spend on raids, you also increase the chance for people to actually see all the awesome areas that they have made.

I like scenarios. Yay subjectivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make each of the mini bosses have a loot table, make them cross realm (seriously Bliz, fuck off with regression, these really aren't that hard to justify the relam only bullshit), and I'll be happy with these replacing dungeons. Until that happens, I want progressive heroic 5-mans back.

These aren't supposed to "replace" dungeons. These are "in addition to".

There's no new dungeons because there's no time to make them and Blizzard doesn't want catchup dungeons like Cata.

I agree with them completely. Catch up dungeons are retarded.

If blizzard didn't bribe (mostly) casuals with 516 gear, HC scenario's would be completely ignored by most after a couple of weeks.

I understand that blizzard wants to experiment with different kinds of new pre-raid content that is easier and cheaper to produce, but to keep pushing these clearly not very popular concepts by bribing players with efficiency is just silly imo. I'm looking at you too rated battlegrounds. If Blizzard didn't bribe PvPers with conquest, very few would even bother with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    If blizzard didn't bribe (mostly) casuals with 516 gear, HC scenario's would be completely ignored by most after a couple of weeks.

I understand that blizzard wants to experiment with different kinds of new pre-raid content that is easier and cheaper to produce, but to keep pushing these clearly not very popular concepts by bribing players with efficiency is just silly imo. I'm looking at you too rated battlegrounds. If Blizzard didn't bribe PvPers with conquest, very few would even bother with them.
    I don't need the gear from them at all but I'm running them for the valor. New quickest way to valor cap by far tied with maybe CMs.

This game has always been about the rewards, regardless of what anyone says. No one would raid either if gear didn't drop as seen back in Vanilla very very frequently by pugs trying to run MC and people not going because they don't need anything in there anymore.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-05-22 at 11:03 PM.

I like the idea of scenarios, I just didnt like the rewards before. Now that they are actually worth doing, I like them.

Deleted
    We ran some heroic scenarios today ... i didn't realize we did them on heroic until the end of the first one, but we pretty much outgear them already so that's not exactly a negative.
    However, i did die once in the second run. In tankspec. Just because i didn't focus for a second. That's something that didn't happen outside of raids or brawlers guild for several months. Therefore i like them