Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which Trinkets for Fire?

Trying to determine which trinket to keep. I'm under the impression that Unerring Vision sucks.

Wushoolay's Final Choice (502)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95669
    1218 Hit + 1107x10 Int Stacking Proc

Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance (502)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95772
    1218 Crit + 6088 Int for 10s

Unerring Vision of Lei Shen (502)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95814
    1218 Int + 100% Crit for 4s

Breath of the Hydra (502)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95711
    1218 Haste + 6088 Int for 20s

I assume this tops them all, as the other trinket

Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (522)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94510
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-05-23 at 05:10 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Use BoTH and Cha'Ye's

10+ Year Old Account
    I should be clear, too. I'm using the 502 versions, not 522.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I should be clear, too. I'm using the 502 versions, not 522.
    Doesn't matter. VP trinket is hot garbage on a garbage platter with a side of trash for fire.
    The haste proc is quite short and very hard to make good use out of.

Chayes and BotH are better, unless you really need hit then use chayes and wush.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    VP trinket is hot garbage on a garbage platter with a side of trash for fire.
    Why is an static Int + Haste proc bad for fire? >.>

Haste only benefits combustion and your bombs so unless you have the haste proc when you use combustion its terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as u only have the 502 versions use VP + ChaYe.

If u have LotC Hc 2/2 i would prefer that over the VP. But no other 502 trinkets.

The valor trinket isn't garbage for fire, but it does make things alittle more difficult when it procs with lust.

Since all your trinkets are 502's, the valor trinket would be an upgrade over any of your 502 trinkets. I personally would use the valor with the crit trinket ( Cha'Ye)

Use your valor to upgrade the valor trinket as well so it's at a 530 ilevel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by henzington View Post
    Haste only benefits combustion and your bombs so unless you have the haste proc when you use combustion its terrible.
    This is why it's bad in a nutshell.
    Not only is the proc a fairly short duration compared to other haste proc trinkets, if you don't refresh a bomb or get lucky and have it up before you combustion it's haste proc is worth next to nill for you.

Compare that to cha-yes which gives you static crit, always nice, and a huge int proc, again always nice.
    Or even compare it to BotH which gives you static haste, reforgable to hit or crit and static haste > proc haste imo, and a huge int proc.

If you were frost it would be a whole different ballgame, but you aren't so it isn't.
    Keep your VP trinket where it belongs, collecting dust in your bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Cha-Ye's (502) > Wushoolay (502) > Hydra (502) >> The one from Elegon (HC 2/2) > Lei Shen (502) > VP trinket (522)

The VP trinket is crap, only an acceptable choice if you just level your character (at least for fire).
    Last edited by mmocb78ce50268; 2013-05-23 at 12:53 PM.

502 RPPM trinkets > 522 valor trinket

The only reason you should be using the 522 valor trinket is because you don't have Wush, Cha-Ye's, or BoTH.

So your choice for your second trinket goes to Wush or BoTH since Cha-Ye's is amazing for fire.

Wush has a potential for higher combustions but that is just another RNG game you will be playing.
    BoTH will be more consistent but does not allow you to use Frost Bomb (not that many mages use Frost Bomb for the average fight, but if you do for any reason, the BoTH proc is useless)

BTW go ahead and DE/sell the Lei Shen trinket. It's crap for all Mage specs

Deleted
    TLDR: 2 trinkets is very nice to have as a fire mage. It allows you to have a trinket EVERY deep freeze. However you give up more POTENTIAL burst every 2 deep freezes. (i.e. 1st deep, 3rd deep, 5 deep, etc...)

well in my opinion (and im no rank 1 glad or anything. i rbg a lot but thats about it. maybe ill try to get a real arena team going but anyways) it depends.

I tried out the double on use trinket thing but for me it was pretty useless because i had 3 since im an engineer. giving up the passive trinket i gave up a lot of burst so i just went back to that.

imo your giving up more potential burst damage for more consistent burst. (i feel like i phrased that wrong)

uhh its like your giving up BOOOOOOOM NUKED for BOOM bomb but you can BOOM bomb more often. iv heard some mages like the double on use and some dont. personally i dont. mainly because i already have 2 on use with normal trinket + gloves.

my first initial burst is always disgusting with passive trinket + on use trinket + jade spirit + lightweave back proc.

second burst i usually get my on use glove trinket and sometimes jade spirit and passive trinket depending on how long i wait for second burst. depends on whats happening.

from there it kinda restarts i can usually line up the big deeps with the 2 trinkets i have.
    [/URL]
    if your an engineer than id say go with the passive trinket because you already have 2 on use trinkets so your gucci. ( im assuming your human)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seosopt View Post
    TLDR: 2 trinkets is very nice... etc etc...
    I honestly have no idea what you were trying to say for most of this.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I honestly have no idea what you were trying to say for most of this.
    He thinks you're asking about pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bostwick kingsley View Post
    502 RPPM trinkets > 522 valor trinket

The only reason you should be using the 522 valor trinket is because you don't have Wush, Cha-Ye's, or BoTH.

So your choice for your second trinket goes to Wush or BoTH since Cha-Ye's is amazing for fire.

Wush has a potential for higher combustions but that is just another RNG game you will be playing.
    BoTH will be more consistent but does not allow you to use Frost Bomb (not that many mages use Frost Bomb for the average fight, but if you do for any reason, the BoTH proc is useless)

BTW go ahead and DE/sell the Lei Shen trinket. It's crap for all Mage specs
    Gah. I just lost UVLS to a mage in our group today. Had no idea it was shit for them.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Wush and Cha'yes are amazing. In good gear (14500 crit rating+) when you reach 7+ stacks of wushulays with heating up + pyroblast you can usually go fireball pyro pyro pyro

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    As long as u only have the 502 versions use VP + ChaYe.

If u have LotC Hc 2/2 i would prefer that over the VP. But no other 502 trinkets.
    ^This. BotH got a strange Uptime so only take this trinket Hc(tf) VP Trinket´s Uptime is pretty good so same opinion like Abraxis

Given the choice between a N LotC (2/2; 497) and VP trinket (2/2; 430) what would you go with? I have had terrible luck with trinkets and have a N BotH (2/2; 430) and would like to figure out which would be better until another trinket drops. Would you pick the same for frost?

Cha-Ye > Breath >= Wushoo >>>> Volatile >> UVLS

iLevel doesn't matter, except when comparing Heroic UVLS to Volatile, which then probably gets a bit better just for the Int.

Breath and Wushoo come very close, it's more or less preference. Cha-Ye dominates because of the crit and highest RPPM (due to half duration and being on crits, which we excel at). Volatile and UVLS suck shit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fixed that for ya. Preferences have nothing to do with it.
    This man speaks the truth, although I would say cha-ye = wushoo >> breath