Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Gnomes got the pinnacle of gnomish bossraiding in Mimiron, their prototype and father of fathers. They should be good for another 6 years.
    Yea cuz the Mecha-gnomes are related to gnomes.

Actually, the reason WoW lost a lot of subs recent is not because of the game is old,the game sucks or shit like that but it's because of not enough trolls. GC said that they are working on it but he didn't promise if there will be enough troll to satisfy players.

Trolls are just cheap cannon fodder for Blizzard, they are easy to use villains. Although a lot of people like Vol'jin, most don't care much for trolls or their lore and the playerbase of the race is quite small.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    the playerbase of the race is quite small.
    he.
    hehe.
    HEHAUEHAEUHAUEHAUEHE.

Walk into any 25 man horde raid and check the % of trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you call massacring them at every turn and having even their smarter tribes turned into straight villains to be killed for loot, yeah... few other races get that kind of favouritism.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Huh. This is like complaining there are too many human bosses. Or Dragons.

Trolls are one of the oldest races on Azeroth, older then Elves even. They are widespread (though not as numermous as they used to be), so it makes sense for them to be involved in some capacity in most places.
    You shouldn't forget elves are more or less just another form of trolls they are like cousins. ;P

OT

They build vast empires and were the most dominant mortal species on the planet, until the elves came to be. I guess that is why they get so much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Yea cuz the Mecha-gnomes are related to gnomes.
    They are actually. Gnomes are mecha-gnomes that got hit by the Curse of Flesh.

I'm ok with this, since Gnome's are so easy to kill. I remember forming raids to just knock off Mekkatorque. Silly little tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Its a game, build a bridge and get over It.
    Building a bridge is actually an awful idea if one wishes to encounter less trolls.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    (Dev Interview at the next blizzcon)

Argus expansion pack :

the first patch of the Argus expansion is the raid of Zul'Argus, which is a troll empire...that appeared out of nowhere in Argus. and the whole raid is about Troll lore...

and though Argus is the Draenei homeworld we wont see much of the Draenei but the Orcs will attack the Argus first and stablish a super-badass looking base- the Alliance, like in WotLK will build an incomplete and unfinished camp and will be constantly under the attack of Demons and nearly get their asses kicked.

the Argus expansion expands the story of Thrall even more, Thrall goes to Argus and finds out that he has some Draenei roots... he absorbs so much -mary sue- in the last expansion that he becomes the actual Jesus himself.

Sylvanas will capture the entire upper Eastern Kingdoms and starts attacking Ironforge, nobody goes there anyway so Sylvanas will just take it after a long quest-chain.

Goblins will break their own record and shape a bigger continent in Argus to look like the Horde symbol.

...Oh about the Alliance side... Players will get some quests involving reporting the status of Argus to the Alliance leaders... Varian will have a few dialogues, Velen will say a bunch of stuff but is too old to travel to Argus so he'll just sit in Exodar looking pretty, Tyrande is super frustrated that the pregnancy sticks show negative after all these years (Malfurion is the problem) ...aaaand thats pretty much what the Alliance will do in the next expansion.

*crowd yells -for the Horde- *
    While I applaud your use of Grumpy cat as an avatar you really need to stop using the term 'Mary Sue' for Thrall as 'Mary Sue' is an idealised character representing the author. So unless the guy who created Thrall had his parents killed by a warlock and was raised as a gladiator before freeing his people from concentration camps and reinvigorated a dead tradition of shamanism and eventually gaining power over an entire faction while preaching peace then Thrall is not a Mary Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    because trolls are found natively accross all of azeroth i guess.

plus, who doesn't love a troll raid?
    Erm i´d ask it the otehr way around. like: Who does love a troll raid?
    Not only are those trolls ugly as hell, but the gear that drops trumps it all. I still can remeber those voices from ZA when people said in teamspeak: "Damn this piece of gear is WAY better than what i got, but looking at it i CAN NOT wear it.
    Well at least we got transmog today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    While I applaud your use of Grumpy cat as an avatar you really need to stop using the term 'Mary Sue' for Thrall as 'Mary Sue' is an idealised character representing the author. So unless the guy who created Thrall had his parents killed by a warlock and was raised as a gladiator before freeing his people from concentration camps and reinvigorated a dead tradition of shamanism and eventually gaining power over an entire faction while preaching peace then Thrall is not a Mary Sue.
    Mary-Sues are characters who are usually extraordinarily gorgeous, amazingly talented, unusually powerful, and exceedingly attractive to whoever the author has a crush on. They often possess ridiculously fancy and pretentious first names -- Angel, Raven, Jewel, Lorelei Bianca Julia Marizza Snape -- and are very, very annoying.
    I meant mary-sue as someone who is -so perfect and so powerful that he is so f.... annoying- . however I was not aware of the other meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I disagree, include all the troll 5 mans from classic and beyond and the number soars.
    OP specifically states trolls in raids..

The only true troll raids (ZA and ZG) doesn't exist (as raids) anymore..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Lakeland, FL or the Temple of Atal Hakkar
    I imagine we will see Trolls in another Xpac, but then not much after that. Most of the tribes are going the way of the Dodo, which is sad since I need more Troll gear to wear.
    Proud Troll player.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I meant mary-sue as someone who is -so perfect and so powerful that he is so f.... annoying- . however I was not aware of the other meaning.
    No you don't understand, there is no other meaning. Someone somewhere used the term correctly and a lot of people misunderstood the meaning and ran with it.

It would be like someone from another country watching brokeback mountain and then calling every male couple 'A couple of cowboys'. You are using the term incorrectly.

Its based on Star Trek Fan Fiction where a character named Mary Sue was a member of Star Fleet and it was obvious the author was writing themselves into their fantasy setting.

I don't think it's favouritism, since whenever the trolls have shown up in the past it's usually been to be killed off. It's a shame in some cases since they have some of the richest lore in the setting, most of which is simply cast aside in favour of turning every tribe aside from the Darkspear and Revantusk into enemies. I do think it's time to focus on other enemy races, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Ah, so by this logic Paula Smith was really a Lieutenant in Starfleet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    I don't think it's favouritism, since whenever the trolls have shown up in the past it's usually been to be killed off. It's a shame in some cases since they have some of the richest lore in the setting, most of which is simply cast aside in favour of turning every tribe aside from the Darkspear and Revantusk into enemies. I do think it's time to focus on other enemy races, though.
    Their lore isn't really rich imo since every tribe just wants to "recreate the lost empire of 10k years ago" by resurrecting someone or by devouring one of their loa.
    Its become too predictable
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-05-23 at 01:48 PM.

I really said to myself earlier that I would steer clear of this thread as these topics never have a happy ending.

All I will say is that Blizzard tried once before to overcome the idea of "favoritism" by creating a character in lore that had his roots in the horde and alliance and as such could act as a bridge for both factions.
    This idea went down worse than the hindenburg.

He was ofc Med'an, Quarter orc, Quarter Dreanei and half human. With the powers to control all families of magic and use them at the same time.

The idea that blizzard has favourities is not true in my opinion, I play alliance and can understand that storylines can change and evolve to better suit the overall environments.

Think back to WC3 main stories were

1-Thrall and the new horde = Horde Ofc
    2-Arthas's decent into madness = Alliance
    3-Night elves preparing for war = Alliance
    4-Illidan's back story and evolution = Alliance
    5-Rise of Sylvanas = Horde

Now lets look at Warcraft quick history

Vanilla -

Zul'gurub = horde
    Blackwing lair = Alliance
    Dragons of Nightmare = Alliance
    The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj = Both ( but the lore behind highlights alot more members of the night elves then it does any other race)
    The Gods of Zul’Aman = Horde
    Fury of the Sunwell = Alliance ( if you read this)
    Secrets of Ulduar = Alliance
    Call of the Crusade = Both
    Fall of the Lich King = Heavy Alliance Characters (Jaina tirion) horde also (dark lady, saurfang) but with the new lich king also being alliance I would have to say alliance.

Rise of the Zandalari = horde
    Rage of the Firelands = Malfurion Stormrage returns huge alliance play here with staghelm being turned etc
    Hour of Twilight = Thrall in all his glory
    Landfall = Both horde were a bit cooler tho
    The Thunder King = Jaina and lor'themar

In fairness this is alot more alliance and the favourite element kinda not real.

It may seem that way but it is the story that drives the game.

So if people think blizzard are harrasing the trolls again it is because there are so many sub species of trolls that their lore has evolved to encorporate that and I think it is a good thing.

Well if you look at ToT this is the trolls last stand of sorts. Their empires are almost all gone and in desperation the leaders of the tribe meet up to try and join up, only to get killed off by us. They don't have much of anything left.

I think the only major troll lore figure left is that king who I forget the name of. The one who didn't listen to his priest and his island sank.