Deleted

How do you handle Totems in PvP?

While I really like Shaman playstille, I am a bit confused about totems, mostly in PvP. As I remember we (Shamans) were once abble to put 4 totems at the same time (I think it was last expansion?), not using GCD. But now I have to loose about few seconds (depends on how much haste I have) to put all 4 on the ground. But that is not the biggest trouble I have with totems. My problem is, that it is very hard to notice when your target is out of range of my totems. Especialy ranged classes can eassily avoid effects from my totems.
    Hunters, Mages ... can kite you (as Enhancement) and I need to drop same totems again and again to stay in range with these classes all the time. Somethimes I don't even try to drop more then one, becouse I loose to much on my dps. I am only lvl 52 noob, so yeah ... Any advice about how to handle my totems as Enhancement or Elemental (have both specs)? It's really frustrating.

Don't use 4 at a time. Your searing totem should be enough and dont just run at ranged classes expecting them to let you set a totem next to them. If you can't get one in don't worry about it. As for the kiting, just spam lightning bolt and frost shock on the run.

Deleted
    Hm, why should I only use an offensive totem, if I also have some support, healing/utility, CC totems? I more like how it was in Cata, when I was abble to put all 4 of them at a time ...

You can either put your searing and occasionaly grounding down and be able to get an early opener, or you can put 4 down and not be able to get your openers off soon enough. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of your totems are situational (except for Fire/Earth Elemental, Searing and Magma).
    Fx there would be no need to put down Healing Stream before combat, Grounding could be if you have enough time to make the CD run out to avoid CCs.

The only totem you should aim to keep down near 100% of the time is a Searing totem or Fire Elemental Totem. Every other totem is situational cooldowns now.

I've been playing on a WOTLK arena tournament server lately and oh god it feels so weird to have static buff totems. I much prefer the new system.
    Hi Sephurik