Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Since tanking Galleon after 20 seconds results in about 150k or so vengeance, using the bug to maximize the amount of vengeance from each hit would result in around 345k vengeance, more then enough to survive the first few waves of adds.
    Try it yourself. I couldn't do it with my ilvl 539 prot Paladin and a Holy Paladin healing me.
    And I have stated the damage income I got from Galleon and the adds earlier as well. SoI and SS weren't nearly enough to keep me up. Granted, 2p and 4p might help a lot but at around 90% the boss and add damage were too much for me and a holy paladin to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaxxess View Post
    When a DK solos bosses it's awesome, when a paladin does it it's abuse. Logic, this has none.
    Basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Surprised you haven't already done / tried to do this Mionelol.
    DKs will die around 100-110k vengeance more or less, there's no way in hell to outheal anything more than that

I think that noone tried this yet:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=159&e=431

Thinking of doing heroic 25 man

The other part of it is DKs lacking something like Grand Crusader, in its current state paladin tanks are basically double dipping by tanking massive amounts of trash/mobs since it will not only boost their vengeance but also provide more chances for GC to proc.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

Faaaaaaaaaaaake

Yes. Grand Crusader.
    These trash mobs helped a lot. Without them it would be impossible for a paladin to solo galleon.

The Lightbringer Edward Newgate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    seal of insight, holy avenger, avenger's wrath, when the pally got enough adds, he will have enough vengeance which makes him unkillable.
    pvp trinket is used against stomp so he won't be stunned.
    word of glory blahblahblah.
    the game is so broken.
    Lol, game is broken?
    Paladin class is broken, Not the game.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Anyone else find it odd he has the gear possible to do that, and is a clicker?
    I've seen Durendil clicking and he was at least at one time one of the best Hunters pushing solo stuff. It's plenty possible to do just fine clicking. It's just more often the case that clickers don't do well. There are exceptions like anything.

Here is the WOL of the soloing: (R)w(E)w(MO)w(VE).worldoflogs.com/reports/ru5x58fbdvfo7hhg/
    and the armory(the guy done it with ilv 530): (R)w(E)w(MO)w(VE).battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/character/%E7%99%BD%E9%AA%A8%E8%8D%92%E9%87%8E/Bloodblue/advanced

At last this is the original discussion thread posted by the soloer : nga.178.com/read.php?tid=6240404&_fp=5&_ff=184

If anyone still doubt this, see it yourself!
    Last edited by SleepyPenguin; 2013-05-27 at 02:32 AM.

How is that a regular server? Other people would come and kill it. Even just to be trolly/annoying.

Unless Chinese MoP is just that deserted, which I find doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    How is that a regular server? Other people would come and kill it. Even just to be trolly/annoying.

Asia servers(especially some servers with only 200-300 player online)don't have much players as american/europe... World boss like this mostly get killed in first 3-4 days since CD get reseted. So the last 3 days,the boss just stand there and no one would like to take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post

Not my medium pop server.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyPenguin View Post
    Asia servers(especially some servers with only 200-300 player online)don't have much players as american/europe... World boss like this mostly get killed in first 3-4 days since CD get reseted. So the last 3 days,the boss just stand there and no one would like to take a look at it.
    I guess. I just figure people would hear about it over the lengthy fight and come to watch if nothing else.

I also doubt he did it on the first try (although possible!) so that's just more time for people to gather/interfere.

The Patient
    So protection paladins are only this broken when there are multiple mobs present? I really need to actually begin leveling a paladin-- -

Some background info: 535 prot pala. Solo tanking majority of ToT HC including Twins where strat is dependent on receiving 0 heals for the first phase. I have a very good understanding of in game mechanics and of prot paladins.

With some good rng (chain parry's) I was able able to chain cd's long enough to survive until the adds spawned, hoping the extra vengeance would make Galleons melee trivial. I was able to survive this up until he stomps when I would get globled during the stun. I was using using a pvp trinket for this ability however it doesn't help much as the stomp works in the same fashion as a warriors throw down stun. Even with bubble up I was still stunned.

I then tried with a monk healer that could also break the stomp but unfortunately we ran into the same problem.

In my humble opinion Galleon is not soloable. His melee simply hits too high and too slowly to create any kind of synergy between vengeance dependent ability's that keep us alive and damage intake.

Lol, looks epic. Time to reroll to pala, I guess.

Guys don't worry, it only took Blizzard 9 months to realize that tank DPS is out of control... and in a few more months they will try to fix it (hopefully).

Maybe in 2014 they will realize how strong prot paladins are.

Prot paladins are why they are nerfing vengence for every tank. This is why we can't have nice things.

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I've seen Durendil clicking and he was at least at one time one of the best Hunters pushing solo stuff. It's plenty possible to do just fine clicking. It's just more often the case that clickers don't do well. There are exceptions like anything.
    even the exemplary clicker exception to the rule will improve by transitioning to keybinds and mouseovers.

Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice